Visitor Reviews - Fortrose Caravan And Camping Site

Fortrose Caravan And Camping Site
Wester Greengates
Fortrose
Highlands   (Browse area)
IV10 8TJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01381 621927

1m  1m  1m 1m  1m   5m

Open: 1 April To 30 September

Reviews:  41 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Itsyum 43 reviews from this member

This campsite is all about location, being situated right on the beach it has fantastic views over the Moray Firth ! All pitches are grass and some towards the reception end of the site were quite muddy ! The toilet & shower block is a bit dated but was kept clean ! There is a public road which runs through the middle of the site which we thought was a bit odd but it only seemed to be used by cars going to & from the adjacent golf course ! Chanory Point is about a 20 minute walk along the beach (or golf course) which is a must for dolphin watching as they come to within 10 feet of the beach ! Amazing! All in all it's a basic site in a stunning location we will definitely return

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: RoyVaux 34 reviews from this member

The site is on both sides of a minor public road, which is odd but was not a problem as traffic was very light. We would have some reservations, however, if we had young children with us.

Many of the pitches, which are all on grass, are directly by the Morray Firth shingle beach and is therefore ideal for dog walking.

On arrival a notice at reception asked us to phone and a young man duly appeared and checked us in. The toilet & shower block was clean, had plenty of hot water but only 1 small sized male shower which must be hopelessly inadequate when the site is busy. One reviewer mentions WiFi being available but we were not informed of this service. The £20 pitch fee (with EHU) struck us a rather full for what was available.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Special01 19 reviews from this member

Stayed for 4 days over Easter £20 a night caravan x 2 adults. Free showers, free wi-fi, toilet block dated. But very clean. But stunning views. The dolphin's were active at chanory point. Richard the site attendant was very helpful and pushed us to the site edge for the best views. Owner, s are very friendly and help full too. I have been here a few times and enjoyed my stay. Good value for money, compared to the C. C. Club site at Rosemarie.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: An robertson 1 review from this member

Just stayed 3 nights here and wow the views were stunning. The owners and also the young man who assisted with us getting a fantastic pitch on the edge of the moray firth were so helpful and nothing was a problem. Just one tip. Take cash to pay your fees as no card payment facility, however this was not a problem as there was cashpoints in fortrose. Yes the toilet facilities were outdated and only 1 shower, however, I never had to queue yet and the water was really hot. Lots of lovely restaurants, takeaways and walks near by. We were on our first trip with our 10 week puppy and he also enjoyed the trip. We will certainly be back very soon

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jillian cave 1 review from this member

Stayed here for 1 week last July, what can I say I didn't want to leave, weather was fab. Caravan pitch was big and the views where amazing. My trip here was just to sea the wild and free dolphins. Day 1 went to chanory point no dolphins :( day 2 No dolphins :( day 3 while eating my breakfast and looking out of my caravan window I saw something LEAP out of the water, SCREAMING to my Hubby DOLPHINS LOL WOW AMAZING. That day we where told to go to Chanory point 5 min drive away to see the dolphins up close. Go 2 hours before high tide. You wont be disappointed. We saw 20 or so Dolphins with baby leaping out of the water and feeding FANTASTIC I would never go and see a dolphin in a stupid tank. See them wild and free just like they should be. Anyway did I mention the Dolphins lol. The owners of the site sorry I forgot your names, bit they where lovely people. Who gives a monkeys uncle if there is only 1 shower. I never had to wait to use it. Off site there are plenty of shops to fill your fridge with booze. No space left for food lol. Joking not :)All in all me the hubby and my baby boy milo/dog had a fantastic time and going back this year last week in july I think.

Reviewer: Yohohoovd 2 reviews from this member

Stayed in a tent at this campsite, all pitches electric and very roomy. Plenty of space for large tent and big car. Toilet block not to far from any pitch, is tired but perfectly functional and although there is just one shower, I didn't have to queue once. Bring hair dryer and straighteners as there are power points in the toilet block and in the kitchen plus a handy microwave.

For pitching, it can get VERY windy, best for tents on the pitches further from the shore. A gazebo will survive if it has a wind bar and good quality guy ropes. Windbreaks should have guy ropes at least to be any use.

Rock pegs are essential for these pitches, very stoney and I strongly recommend them.

Open fires, BBQ's are permitted and is especially nice on the stony beach.

Fortrose is a short walk away if you follow the road away from reception, turn left, newsagents and a delicious chippy. Turn right and drive 5mins down towards the lighthouse and you can see the dolphins playing fairly close to shore usually just before high tide.

I did feel the site fee was a bit high for tents but it seems to just be expensive to camp all across the Black Isle.

Previous     41 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Highlands   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers