Visitor Reviews - Park Farm Kildale

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Site Reviews

Park Farm Kildale
Park Farm Kildale
Whitby
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO21 2RN   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  5m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  No Motorhomes

Reviews:  8 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
£100 for your reviewEvery month someone who has left a review of any caravan park or campsite will win £100 of Amazon vouchers So, if you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win!

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Alun James 1 review from this member

Camped here with my Daughter and friends for one night and we had a wonderful time. Great little Campsite which takes you back to basics, ie no electric hook up, no games rooms or parks etc. You have to make your own fun which we loved. The views from the Campsite are a sight to behold, wish we could have stayed longer and will definitely be back again with the rest of my Family. A big thank you to David and Carol the owners too

Reviewer: Backpack55 6 reviews from this member

I walked from Saltburn-by-the-Sea to Kildale, using the Cleveland Way National Trail route. I did intend to camp here for the night, using the tent, I had. When I arrived, I was welcomed to a nice friendly smile from the farmer's wife, who was very helpful. I would have camped, but with plenty of room in the camping barn on-site for £8, I decided on that. The barn is a nice and cosy place although, a little dark, but that was nothing. The barn is clean and tidy, a little bit dusty somewhat, but that is being a bit picky. The showers are clean and had two shower heads in one block, meaning two sharing one shower block. There is two toilets and plenty of hot water on a coin meter. The farmer is a most friendly chap and this is a working farm and nothing is any trouble. There was a group of DoE, who were well behaved and respectable and seems to be enjoying themselves. The views of the Cleveland Hills are awesome and is only 10 minutes walk off the Cleveland Way. So, despite me not camping, I thought the barn was really good. Maybe next time, I head this way in October on the Cleveland Way, I will use the tent or will I.

Date of Visit: January 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Dave0385 1 review from this member

Stayed for one night and agree totally with the other reviews on here, it is a working farm.

Although it is a fairly basic site as far as tents are concerned they were all clean tidy and in working order (apart from one shower but I’m not greedy), with plenty of hot water to the pound for your shower! and wash facilities for pots pans etc.

There is a barn there for accommodation but sadly I forgot to have a look before I left so cant comment.

I stayed in the small paddock opposite the toilets and even with all the rain was good to camp on and is sheltered. It is at a slight angle so would advise setting up a bit further down where it evens out.

The only down side for me, it was after sunset when I found some rights of way have changed to OS maps on my way in which was a bit frustrating on arrival, how ever there are I think three ways in and clearest been from Cleveland way or the main road. I would probably put it down to my bad map reading though…

Owners where very polite and accommodating and will 100% use this site again.

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: PixieX 2 reviews from this member

Visited this lovely, tiny site during the royal wedding weekend and we loved it. As everyone says, its a working farm with sheep and cattle right at your front door.

There are 2 camping areas, a little triangle which is used as the main site and a huge field right next to it which the owners said they were using for the RAF Cadets and DOA gangs. Both have slight slopes and there's a few trees dotted about.

The showers/toilets are in a converted outhouse attached to the Farm house. There's one cubicle only which has 2 showers in it - you put £1 in the electric meter but it gives you plenty of time to shower and the water was hot. The facilities are pretty basic - not immaculate but perfectly usable.

The best thing about this site are the views - just beautiful, rolling countryside while being right in the middle of a friendly, welcoming farm. The owners are extremely helpful and were happy to have a chat, recommend walks/pubs etc and didn't make you feel like you were intruding. Its fantastic value for money - £4.50 per night per person.

This is a laid back, small site which seems to attract friendly camping types, the type who'd pass the time of day as you walk up to fill your water bottle in a morning - we loved it and would definitely visit again!

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Kyoto49 10 reviews from this member

If you need luxury unisex showers and toilet facilities, and a play park for the kids, and a club for the adults, and like to be noisy, then I suggest that this site is definitely not for you! It's also 3 miles from the nearest shop, a trek if you run out of anything, or would like a newspaper.

However, for peace loving campers who seek the basic traditional campsite, this site is perfect. It has great views, lots of nature, and very friendly and helpful owners.

Facilities include a nice clean room that contains 2 toilets, 2 showers, and 2 sinks. I think some people would be rather put off by the communal nature of these, but we had no problems with it, and the facilities were always clean. Toilet roll, soap and washing up liquid were all provided.

The site is geared towards walkers and the like, so no cars are allowed on the small sheltered field. Something to note if you like to take everything but the kitchen sink! It can be quite a few journeys down to the site if you have a lot of kit. However, it made for a nice ambience around the place.

For those who like the simple life, this is a real gem of a site.

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Blushbaby 3 reviews from this member

Beautiful place, gorgeous views, small site, 2 toilets, all nice and clean plenty of loo roll, lovely well kept clean grass. It was nice and quiet surrounded by fabulous countryside sheep and little lambs, the kids loved it. I had one tent with one adult and 3 kids aged 10.8.5 and was charged 18 per night which was well worth it just for the views. The pitch was slightly sloping but we coped and probably flatter down bottom but we wanted to be near the top. Lovely place to relax was great watching kids play til late, it was safe for them. Weather was gorgeous. Owner was lovely very friendly showed us where everything was, and was very helpful when I explained my son was disabled. It is in middle of country which is gorgeous but make sure you have enough food!

Previous     8 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in North Yorkshire   -   Search for a site

Three Car Seat Protectors / Hammocks to be won Win an Outwell Flagstaff 5a Inflatable Tent Package worth over £1000

UKCS Meet Volksworld Show, Sandown Park, Surrey - 25th to 26th March
Europe`s largest VW Show with 100s of cars inside and out, traders, live music and more ...more