Visitor Reviews - Forestside Farm

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Staffordshire > Site Reviews

Forestside Farm
Marchington Cliff
Uttoxeter
Staffordshire   (Browse area)
ST14 8NA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01283 820353

1m  1m  1m 5m  5m   5m  5m  5m

Pitches: 5 caravans/10 tents/2Camping Pods

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

Reviews:  58 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

Date of Visit: December 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Max V 4 reviews from this member

Quite a nice site, well kept and tidy. Being December when I went there were only caravans and my motorhome. It was very peaceful and with nice views over the countryside. The site spends all day in the shade at this time of year so was quite cold but with a hook the van was warm. The toilets were clean and the shower was the best I've experienced on any site, lots of hot water and a good flow of water. There are local rural walks which I'd imagine are very nice in the summer months. Yes, recommend it.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Littlechickkie 1 review from this member

We stayed 2 nights in a large 3 bedroom outwell tent with our little boy & a couple of friends. The location was nice, far enough away from main roads so you weren't bothered by intrusive road noise. However, do be aware that there are quite a few planes flying overhead during the day. The toilet facilities were clean and we didn't find a problem with the very slight slope. What does put me off returning was the large phone mast in the camping field.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Hedgehugger 4 reviews from this member

Mainly I'd like to add an update for those concerned about the approach. The first half of the concrete roadway to the site is admittedly a bit tired, but perfectly passable. It seems the owners are aware of this because the second half, closer to the site, is brand new. A generous passing place has also been laid halfway along. I imagine they'll upgrade the other section as and when they're able.

The slight slope on the camping field was not an issue, grass was tidily cut, and the wide-reaching views were gorgeous. Twice while I was there a hot air balloon came over, as the weather was calm and fine. There were young pheasants pottering about the fringe of the belt of trees behind the site early and late, and I heard owls at night.

There are a lot of information leaflets in the washing-up room: places to go, local walks, tourist sites, places to eat etc. I made use of the microwave and kettle, which were very convenient, although whoever used the microwave last could have wiped it out properly. There's also a toaster.

Finally, one for the ladies - sanitary items are not to be flushed down the loos, as they're on a septic tank. This is mentioned on the website, but people might miss it. It would be an idea to take disposal bags with you, as there are none supplied.

I would certainly visit again if I was in the area, though I felt £12 without hook-up was at the top end of what I'd be prepared to pay as a solo camper. Free showers and use of kitchen appliances help to justify that, though.

Reviewer: Teex8 2 reviews from this member

I cannot recommend this site enough if you like small, clean, quiet & friendly & the peace & wonderful views of surrounding countryside. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay & fresh eggs for breakfast. Clean & spacious facilities (although only 2 for each sex the site was quiet enough to accommodate). Fabulous & we will definitely be back. Thanks.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Gwendy 1 review from this member

We have just spent three delightful days at this campsite and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. On the down side, the road to the site is made of concrete and is hammered by heavy farm machinery and is broken up quite badly in places - not good for motorhomes and caravans. The toilet block is reasonably clean but could do with a deep clean. A glance behind the toilet revealed a lack of regular thorough cleaning. That said I won't let that stop me from coming again. The views, sunsets, sound of bird song were amazing. We found a local pub - The Red Lion which was fantastic and enjoyed a lovely meal there. The surrounding area is lovely with easy access to the National Forest.

Reviewer: Croydoncampers 8 reviews from this member

I would thoroughly recommend this site, it does have a slight slope in the camping field but not so much as to cause an inconvenience (you donít roll off your mat at night!). This site is so worth a visit as the view is magnificent, in fact we didnít bother to eat out in the evenings because we wanted to open up the front of the tent and eat alfresco to enjoy the scenery!

We stayed during the beginning of August and were the only tent in the field until Friday when others arrived, which we loved as we dislike being crowded by loads of other tents. You can pitch basically were you like. The facilities were great, there were 2 large rooms containing a shower and toilet, so plenty of space, but not sure how this would work if lots of other campers? The owners were very friendly and happy to help with any queries.

We stayed 3 nights to visit Alton Tower which is only 20 min drive away, you pass a massive Tesco (Uttoxeter) on the way so easy to buy supplies so no on site shop needed.

If you want an uncomplicated pleasant place to camp Forestside is for you.

Previous     58 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Staffordshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Knightwick 3 Berth Tent from OLPro! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet NEC Caravan, Camping and Motorhome Show 17 to 22/02
Hundreds of caravans, motorhomes, tents, camping gear, destination ideas and accessories Win 10 pairs of tickets or claim discount entry