Visitor Reviews - Forestside Farm

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Staffordshire > Site Reviews

Forestside Farm
Marchington Cliff
Staffordshire   (Browse area)
ST14 8NA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01283 820353

1m  1m  1m 5m  5m   5m  5m  5m

Pitches: 5 caravans/10 tents/2Camping Pods

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

Reviews:  61 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Shazza39 3 reviews from this member

Lovely couple of nights staying in one of the 2 camping pods at Forestside. We have been before 3 years ago and pitched our tent, but after a full day at Alton Towers, we just wanted the easy option. And it was well worth it! The pod was very comfortable, with heating, lighting & electrical sockets (none of which we usually have). Very spacious and certainly protected us from the storm that came overnight. Jan was extremely helpful on our arrival, but we were left to it, which is always nice. The pitch included picnic table & fire pit with free wood that was extremely welcome. The toilet/shower block is minimal but loads of hot water. Great facilities in the kitchen area. The farm itself is in a beautiful area and the views are amazing. My only small suggestion is somewhere to put your things when you shower. The floor became a little dirty & the small stool couldn't cope with all my toiletries & clothes! Highly recommended & I'm sure we'll be back again!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jamie965 1 review from this member

We've just spent the weekend here & can't recommend this site enough! It's a lovely site, very clean, well maintained, in a quiet location and excellent value for money! Our six year old son was more impressed with the fact it was part of a working farm! The views from the camping field are also lovely. We will definitely stay here again in the future.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Hwood 5 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at Forestside Farm. It was our one year old's first ever camping trip and the site was perfect for her as it was small, tidy and safe.

The shower/toilet rooms were clean and spacious although I struggled to get hot water in the shower (my husband said his was fine).

The kitchen area was extremely useful too with 2 fridges, a freezer, kettle and microwave.

There is loads to do in the area and we would use the campsite again as a good base for visiting nearby attractions.

The view from the site is lovely and we enjoyed the birdsong.

Date of Visit: December 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Max V 5 reviews from this member

Quite a nice site, well kept and tidy. Being December when I went there were only caravans and my motorhome. It was very peaceful and with nice views over the countryside. The site spends all day in the shade at this time of year so was quite cold but with a hook the van was warm. The toilets were clean and the shower was the best I've experienced on any site, lots of hot water and a good flow of water. There are local rural walks which I'd imagine are very nice in the summer months. Yes, recommend it.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Littlechickkie 1 review from this member

We stayed 2 nights in a large 3 bedroom outwell tent with our little boy & a couple of friends. The location was nice, far enough away from main roads so you weren't bothered by intrusive road noise. However, do be aware that there are quite a few planes flying overhead during the day. The toilet facilities were clean and we didn't find a problem with the very slight slope. What does put me off returning was the large phone mast in the camping field.

Management response: Thank you for the review and for the feedback.

We are a considerable distance away from any airport, so all planes going over are normally very high. You can see them - although not many, but you can't hear them.

There is a phone mast, but this is not on the campsite, but elsewhere on the property.

The driveway, although single track with passing place, is in good condition and copes well with all traffic, large and small.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Hedgehugger 5 reviews from this member

Mainly I'd like to add an update for those concerned about the approach. The first half of the concrete roadway to the site is admittedly a bit tired, but perfectly passable. It seems the owners are aware of this because the second half, closer to the site, is brand new. A generous passing place has also been laid halfway along. I imagine they'll upgrade the other section as and when they're able.

The slight slope on the camping field was not an issue, grass was tidily cut, and the wide-reaching views were gorgeous. Twice while I was there a hot air balloon came over, as the weather was calm and fine. There were young pheasants pottering about the fringe of the belt of trees behind the site early and late, and I heard owls at night.

There are a lot of information leaflets in the washing-up room: places to go, local walks, tourist sites, places to eat etc. I made use of the microwave and kettle, which were very convenient, although whoever used the microwave last could have wiped it out properly. There's also a toaster.

Finally, one for the ladies - sanitary items are not to be flushed down the loos, as they're on a septic tank. This is mentioned on the website, but people might miss it. It would be an idea to take disposal bags with you, as there are none supplied.

I would certainly visit again if I was in the area, though I felt 12 without hook-up was at the top end of what I'd be prepared to pay as a solo camper. Free showers and use of kitchen appliances help to justify that, though.

Previous     61 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Staffordshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!