Visitor Reviews - The Three Magpies Public House

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Site Reviews

The Three Magpies Public House
Sells Green
Seend
Melksham
Wiltshire   (Browse area)
SN12 6RN   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

Open:

Reviews:  45 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Madmike55 1 review from this member

Didn't feel very welcome when I arrived and was taken to my pitch.

Was reprimanded for driving on the grass but wasn't told I was supposed to park on the hardstanding and carry all the equipment across.

Ground quite uneven.

Toilets very basic, there was no soap in either the gents or disabled toilet. No hot water in washing up area (only one sink).

A shame as this used to be a really nice campsite where I have had great times in the past but I won't be going back in a hurry again.

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Barbfreeburn 2 reviews from this member

What an amazing find. Lovely field to camp in we parked near some trees. Clean toilet and shower facilities We however used the pub the for a meals it was really good tasty well cooked. Lots of choice if you are vegetarian and the St Clements posset with pistachio shortbread Devine. Very friendly owners, dogs welcome in the bar not the restaurant. Having been asked for £35 per night next door a the caravan and camping site we were delighted to pay £12 without electric or £15. I will say that it was the camping and caravan club receptionist who told us about the the Three Magpies. Short walk to the Kennett and Avon Canal.

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Jillygumbo 11 reviews from this member

Given a good weather weekend I spent one night here as the C&CC Club Site was full (it always is). Only hardstandings were available but awning pegs were no problem with rock pegs. Site was full and in the grounds of the pub. Lovely place. Toilet/shower (£1 token) were clean and well stocked. Pub is excellent, allowing pets in. Lovely meals. Would definitely go again - prefer this to the Club Site, as my neighbours agreed.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Dazed21 8 reviews from this member

I really liked this site, the facilities are basic and I agree with a previous reviewer that the owners could make changes and charge more. However, I like the fact that they don't have a lot of rules, it does state that it is a laid back site, my group consisted of 1 motorhome, 1 camper van & 1 tent, 6 adults & 3 dogs! We have all facilities on board & you can use the pub toilets too. Location is great, 2 minute walk to the Kennet & Avon canal, the pub serves good food, the bar is dog friendly, the staff are really friendly & the pub also has a good atmosphere. Definitely will return to this site. I have stayed at the CC&C next door which is pristine but the cost of Three Magpies is the deal sealer for us.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Guider 3 reviews from this member

The site is quite basic. The field is reasonably flat with slight undulations. You are given no information regarding defining your pitch, where the water points are, or what the Ehu power output is ie 13 amp. So you have to work this out for yourself.

Regarding water there are 2 points, 1 in the field and 1 beside the toilet block. Toilets. There is 1 mens 1 women and 1 disabled; so not a lot if there are 15 tents/caravans. Grey water gets dumped in the hedge. The shower block is basic needs a radical update and more added. The good points are. It is cheap quiet and good for dog walking. The pub is good and does good food and reasonably priced. Tv reception very good. Site rules -never found out what /if there were any.

The site has so much potential and they could on completion increase their prices as the next door Caravan camping site is twice as much and twice as busy. I left a day early due to all the above and I wouldn't use the site again. Cheap and quiet is the best I could say.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Campnsnooze 4 reviews from this member

This was our first ever campsite with a caravan. Have never camped before, so did not know what to expect or what the benchmark for standards was. We went into the pub to find out and a lady was very helpful and showed us where we could park. We actually could choose as there were only 3 other tourers there. I think there were 3-4 permanent caravans on site. The site was level and dry. The toilets were basic but clean. We stayed for 3 nights and tried the pub once for dinner. The meal was very good and plenty of it. The canal tow path was only about 200M away and well worth a walk/cycle into Devizes past Caen Hill locks. Another day we cycled the opposite way along the canal into Melksham. A very quiet site, good local pub. Since going to The Three Magpies, we have been to 5 other campsites and now realise what the benchmark should be. Yes, the toilets/showers could be improved, but for a short stay this is not a problem. At £15 to include H/Up per night this was very reasonable.

Previous     45 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Wiltshire   -   Search for a site

Win a bundle of VARTA camping essentials worth over £100! Win a Festival Starter Pack, worth over £100!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 20th – 23rd August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival in East Yorkshire - PLUS exclusive 10% discount on tickets!