Visitor Reviews - West Middlewick Farm

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (North) > Site Reviews

West Middlewick Farm
Nomansland
Tiverton
Devon (North)   (Browse area)
EX16 8NP   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m

Reviews:  62 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
£100 for your reviewEvery month someone who has left a review of any caravan park or campsite will win £100 of Amazon vouchers So, if you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win!

Date of Visit: March 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jparkerhall 1 review from this member

We have been visiting the farm for 9 consecutive years with 5 children. The site is fairly basic but it's a working farm which is why we go and love it so much. The facilities are clean, John and his family are fantastic with allowing the kids as much hands on farming as possible. The main town tiverton is about a 20 mins drive away with leisure centre, park, supermarket etc. You have other shops at south molton again a drive but closer. We are happy to drive and venture out over the years to both the north and south coast's of Devon with still plenty to do. I can not recommend the farm highly enough for proper camping and farming. Waking up to kids rearing to milk the cows and mooing as they wait for milking is fantastic. My kids can't wait to go back before we've even left! Sometimes visiting twice a year.

Date of Visit: February 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jasie 14 reviews from this member

Our perfect site, nice and simple and priced accordingly. Good size pitches, few other campers (it was February), and loads of space to fly our gliders!

The main field is around a grassed play area, big enough to never have a football ever come nearby. It has a few hard stands around the outside, all with EHU (16Amp I think) and water close by most pitches. There were some large log cabins off this field too. The lower field was even bigger with a couple of small 'pod' cabins, and a few EHU points and loos and elsan between the two fields, so all is close by.

The lower field was huge and big enough to fly many kites, or model gliders as we did.

We didnít use the facilities so I canít comment on these, but they are working on concreting a large area to overcome the mud issue that is mentioned on other reviews. Expect mud, it is a farm!

John and his team were always working hard on the farm, but always happy to chat. They were happy to let the kids lend a hand. They got to see the milking and understand how this all worked and help feed the cows and calves and even got to feed a lamb.

There is a good Wi-Fi signal on site, but we didnít try it, so I donít know how fast it is (It is Club Wifi, so high fees do apply if you want this).

Access is easy (all two way roads!). Morrisonís is just down the road (15 mins/9miles) which you will pass if coming from Tiverton direction, so ideal for cheap diesel and supplies.

We will be back soon.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Smithard 6 reviews from this member

The site is very basic in many ways. The showers, which are accessed via an often dung splattered yard, need up -dating. The newer toilet block is fine. The site will suit families who have young children who can enjoy the space and even the smells and sounds of a working farm. It is not a site I would recommend to older caravanners. There is nothing scenic in my view to commend the site. The owners are friendly and helpful. But the site is a some distance away from shops. I am frankly puzzled by the glowing reviews others have provided. We will not return and cannot, in all honesty, recommend it to our friends. Perhaps to any young family in need of experiencing aspects of farm life.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mandy C 2 reviews from this member

This place is delightful! Facilities are good, clean and have hot showers. Warm welcome from the owners and other campers. It was a real joy to see how much the children enjoyed helping with the milking too! A fab place. Didn't see any children on iPhone, tablet or other tech objects - there''s plenty to occupy them. Will definitely return.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Greenp 15 reviews from this member

Beautiful views from rear field. Children liked exploring around the farm. Very friendly proprietors. WOnderful food at local pub-MOunt Pleasant-unfortunately walk is on the road just over a mile with no pavements. Farm shop bit limited with no milk-despite being a dairy farm.

Have to pay for showers, 20p for 2 minutes.

Make sure you double check that EHU working as despite paying £2. 50 night for hook up and checking it with the farmer, I didn't find out for sure until we were about to leave with a flat battery that the EHU was not working after all. Thankfully, friendly camper had jump leads.

Lovely quiet site with beautiful views and friendly people.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Kibble 3 reviews from this member

Visited this site as my husband used to frequent there as a little boy over 40 years ago and I heard so much about it that I wanted to see it for myself. John who now runs the farm and his mum Stella remembered my husband and it was good to hear all the old stories. I also got the chance to feed the calves and baby lambs, I was in my element. Lovely quiet site, beautiful views, would like to try the holiday lodges next time as they are beautiful

Previous     62 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (North)   -   Search for a site

Win a KAMEI Husky L Roof Box worth £225! Win a Coolbox Cool Ďní Store Package worth over £235!

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 1 - 2 July