Visitor Reviews - Castel Domaine Des Ormes

Castel Domaine Des Ormes
Epiniac
Dol De Bretagne
Brittany   (Browse area)
35120   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 0033 02 99 73 53 00

5m

Open: 13/04/ To 22/09

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  13 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
100 for your reviewEvery month someone who has left a review of any caravan park or campsite will win 100 of Amazon vouchers So, if you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win!

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Greenp 15 reviews from this member

Well landscaped beautifully rural/ forested location with lakes and elegant grounds-combining 18th century rustic charm/ walled gardens, mansion with 21st century commercial tack. The size and intelligent landscaping disguises the fact that there are 1000s of units and growing across the estate. I would not want to wish to visit peak season as the facilities though good would struggle with a full site. It was lovely in April. Weather was brilliant 80% of time, 20% fair/ bit cool.

Indoor and outdoor pools across estate including hotel can be used. Not alll open in April. Not enough changing rooms, had to queue and change in the disabled toilet.

Really recommend taking bikes for children as they absolutely loved cycling round the roads and tracks of the site.

Very friendly and helpful staff, lovely little village nearby St Leonards only short walk across the forest, shop and bar open limited times outs of high season.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Clf86ha 16 reviews from this member

Seriously can't believe this site is on acsi,

This place is huge and warrants a few days at least, just to get around the place.

The site offers every activity you could wish (even helicopter rides) for and certainly is NOT the site to go to if you just want to sit still!

The pitches (even on acsi) are huge and the sanitary facilities rival a 5* hotel.

Staff speak excellent English

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ljhomer 3 reviews from this member

We love this campsite. It is very big and having stayed there 3 times, with a planned short visit on the way home this year, I don't think we've actually managed to get round it all.

We book Castels premium pitches and these are within a walled garden type area and you feel like you're on a much smaller site. Pitches are big here with IM07 the biggest which I've managed to book again. Staff are all really friendly and very helpful. Night security even offering on one occasion to help us get pitched quickly as they knew the was a hail storm coming.

It's a great site for visiting Mont St. Michel, Dinan, and a whole bunch of other local towns.

If this campsite were further south so that the weather would be a little more guaranteed we would return year on year, but for 2014 we are venturing down to the Vendee and just staying at Des Ormes for the last 2 days before catching the ferry from St. Malo which is only 20 minutes away making it good for a last couple of days chill before home without a huge drive.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Hutchuk 3 reviews from this member

I won't ramble on - I'll give it to you brief.

This campsite is large and has everything for a family. It is not for adults seeking a quiet time.

Our two girls - 11 & 14 - and Dad, thought it was absolutely fantastic. The pools are amongst the best you will find on a campsite. Mum thought it too noisy and too busy.

The staff speak such good English that you would think you are in England - in fact I would say 80% of all the guests are English - which really annoys the 10% French (the other 10% made up of mainly Dutch) My wife likes to go to France to be French ( she isn't French by the way, but from Yorkshire) so it didn't please her either.

The shop has little choice so it is best to drive in to Dol (5 miles away) for provisions.

The fast food restaurant is very poor and a waste of money - plus the food is dreadful. The other restaurants are fine, but you would find much better in Dol.

A great campsite to use as a gateway in to France, or a short stop over to & from the ferry.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Maryc58 2 reviews from this member

This was our third campsite in France on this trip and if I am honest my least favourite of the three. When we arrived we found a car parked on our pitch! After a quick look around we decided to go on the empty pitch next door, my OH unhitched and I went back to the reception to let them know - girl was nice but said that particular pitch was booked out and sent me to an adjacent field.

This was a bit of a pest but we just hitched up again and moved, however, I noticed the first pitch was not used during the five nights we were there and the car remained parked on the original pitch on and off throughout our stay.

The site itself was large and we enjoyed archery, pitch and putt and horse riding. The pitch and putt was 21 euros for myself and my son which I thought was steep for half an hour!

We also had balls from the driving range literally whizzing by our ears! We ate at the restaurant on the site, it was good but very busy. The site was fine but not really for us, I would not be rushing back.

Date of Visit: May 2009 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: SpampMan 23 reviews from this member

Having previously stayed here in a tent, we thought we would try it again in a mobile home. The reception area is as I remembered it, welcoming staff - that's the Les Ormes staff - the mobile home company's staff were nowhere to be seen.

We were last here in 2004. Since then the site has grown dramatically. Many more touring pitches have been given over to mobile homes and it looks like there is an entire new field of mobiles too. There is a new indoor pool & slide heated to tropical temperatures and a wave-pool alongside it. This was pretty good, but even at Spring Bank holiday it was quite busy - it will be packed in the Summer hols. And there's the rub - the site can now accommodate more people, but the facilities, though good, I think will not - there is the same bar, shop, take-away and restaurants as before.

Nearest supermarket is still the SuperU at Dol-de-Bretagne, which is way cheaper than the site shop. Also good fuel prices.

Conclusion: it remains a very good site but I think it will be too crowded in the summer. Visit again? perhaps - depends on time of year.

Previous     13 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Brittany   -   Search for a site

Win an Abberley 2 Lightweight Touring Tent Win a Best of British Holiday worth up to 175!

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough - 22nd to 23rd April