Visitor Reviews - Nantcol Waterfalls

Nantcol Waterfalls
Cefn Uchaf
Llanbedr
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL45 2PL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01341 241 209

1m  1m  1m  5m  10m  5m  5m   5m  5m  10m

Pitches: 23 Caravans: 62 Tents
Open: 1st March - 31st October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  132 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sceptical Camper 38 reviews from this member

Over the years I have heard many campers praising Nantcol Waterfalls Campsite and I've seen it recommended in magazines, guides and online. It gets high scores here on UK Campsites as well as on Tripadvisor and Google reviews.

Recently I had a chance to see if the place lived up to all the hype when I stayed there for three nights. I wasn't disappointed.

The scenic setting is really stunning. The crowning glory is, as the name suggests, the series of beautiful waterfalls rising beside the site offering wonderful picturesque walks. It is so relaxing to hear the water in the background as you doze off at night. There is a picnic area with benches and tables beside the burbling river - delightful.

The site has a laid-back vibe and we got a warm welcome from the owner. Everyone was very friendly.

We paid 8 per person per night (plus a quid a night for the dog) which included two tents and the car.

The facilities are clean and modern in two separate purpose-built blocks. The hot water was a bit on-and-off during my stay but everything was spotlessly clean. There are toilets, washrooms, showers (paid for with cards lasting about 5 minutes), a laundrette, a covered area for dishwashing, and there are mains sockets for mobile charging.

Talking of mobiles, there's no reception in the valley bottom but you only have to walk a couple of hundred yards up the hill at the back of the site to get a good signal. You can also use the site's WiFi for a modest charge.

I can imagine Nantcol gets quiet hectic during the school holidays but during my weekday visit the place was delightfully peaceful. There was a mix of tents, camper vans and tents.

The ground is stony in places so bring rock pegs. In between the stony bits, the site is soft and prone to be muddy, especially where people drive off the roadways on to the grass.

The nearby village of Llanbedr has two pubs and both serve food. There are also a couple of shops in the village.

As other reviewers have noted, the lane to the site is single track with passing points; it can be a bit awkward if you meet a big vehicle or a caravan but nothing that can't be handled by any competent driver who is used to country roads.

Camp fires are allowed - there are many scorched circles on the grass - and logs are on sale. The site is very dog-friendly and there are lots of paths to walk your pet.

To sum up, this is a no-frills campsite in a great location with superb scenery, immaculate facilities and very helpful and friendly owners. I highly recommend it.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Caira 2 reviews from this member

Whaw and whaw again, this has been the most beautiful place I have ever been to. This was our very first trip to Wales and we loved everything about the site and location so much, we already booked our stay for July 2018! The owners are very friendly and helpful, clean facilities, laundry room with 2 large washing machine and very powerful tumble dryer ( currently only one as the other one was out of order) the campsite itself is peaceful and with some amazing views, woods, hills, stunning shallow river going through the camp making kids happy, close to Shell Island for a trip or visiting Harlech, Porthmadog or Barmouth, I could go on and on, I think if there is a paradise, that's what I would want it to look like :)

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Auraura 6 reviews from this member

I love this site set next to a river bubbling with little water falls yet shallow enough in places to paddle and deep enough in places to have a dip weather permitting. Great fire pits for barbies. Really well kept showers and toilets. Only drawback were midges so go prepared.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Annandtony 2 reviews from this member

Just got back from a 7 night stay at this site. We camped on an electric pitch near to the amenities.

We didn't find the showers (3 for ladies & 2 for men) or the number of toilets (6 for ladies) a problem and didn't mind paying the 50p for a shower. There was a separate wash room for males & females & the washing up sinks were also fine.

Our girls (9 & 10) said it is the best site they have been on as they played in the river on a rope swing & the rope swings in the large tree above the campsite for hours on end. They had their boat in the river as well but safe as not deep.

I got a bit worried as site was busy but pitches are large and well spaced - it didn't feel crowded. It can be quite noisy with children playing games & running round but to me this is camping and all was relatively silent after 11. 00pm.

We paid about 210 for a weeks stay which I think is reasonable for our main summer holiday and would definitely return to the delight of our girls.

Beaches are close by & little shop on site sells lovely ice cream, hot drinks, bread & milk.

The road to the site as previously mentioned is VERY tight and we prayed when we left with the trailer that we didn't meet a caravan but its worth it to stay there.

All in all a great site & a great holiday.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Tawnyo 4 reviews from this member

A large site which was very busy. The countryside and walks around the site are lovely, however if you're looking for a quiet site this isn't it! Having been to some really brilliant sites a couple of days beforehand (with free, clean roomy showers and limitless water, along with well stocked shops) we were disappointed with the amenities. There are only about 3 women's showers and two men's showers for the whole site- so queuing is common. Worse than that-the showers are timed (you get four minutes) and you have no control over the temperature of the water. The water was freezing cold for at least two minutes. There are not that many sinks either to do washing up in and again people were queuing.

The 'shop' is also the reception and you have to stand outside and ask what they've got and it isn't well stocked.

Children seemed to love the site - they were playing in the stream which runs through the site while their parents watched them on the bank.

The drive to the site is quite hairy because there is only room for one lane of traffic and it's quite steep to get to. So, all in all - nice surroundings but we were glad we were only staying one night!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Gumstabber 5 reviews from this member

Wow what a beautiful place this is. Nestled in amongst the hills with a meandering stream, it could be a campsite out of Middle Earth! But.

-The access road to the campsite is a road from Middle Earth too, so narrow with treacherous rocks poking from the banks and the site itself is miles from anything too. Did I mention the road to the site?!

-The site is quite big, 80+ pitches, but I do think that 2 showers per gender and a similar number of toilets is too low. This was echoed by the fact that there were always queues for both facilities.

-You have to pay 50p for a 5 minute shower card! When you've already paid 22 a night this is just a joke. We weren't informed of this on checking in so I was particularly annoyed to discover my shower wouldn't work after queuing for 20mins!

-their water comes from a bore hole. On their information sheet it says it's good to drink, on the water points it says to boil it. So I guess that means there's no fresh water supply.

Would I return? No, never.

Previous     132 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 120 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 500!
Open Today's Window