Visitor Reviews - Six Arches Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lancashire > Site Reviews

Six Arches Caravan Park
Scorton
Garstang
Lancashire   (Browse area)
PR3 1AL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  15 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Kellster 1 review from this member

Overall our stay was not enjoyable, lovely site and views to the surrounding area but not really for family's with children it is more for couples. Onsite shop with choice, excellent chippy on site with friendly staff, good entertainment for couples but nothing for the children to do, in my opinion the site does not really cater for children, Lovely restaurants in the area I would recommend the Italian situated on the main road opposite the site entrance and also the Chinese restaurant in garstang town. The pubs in garstang town are very welcoming with a friendly atmosphere. Would visit garstang again but would not return to the six arches.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Susananc 1 review from this member

We arrived at six arches late on Saturday night and although the office was closed the site warden and his wife were there to welcome us with the key to our caravan and our free club memberships. The caravan was a new 6 berth caravan and was double glazed and central heated with a large flat screen television and was probably best caravan we have stayed in.

We overlooked the river wyre and although is was wet we felt warm and very at home. There is a railway line that runs by the side of the caravan park but we hardly noticed the trains during our stay. We Walked our dog every day in the beautiful Trough of Bowland and spent our evenings evenings in the Club at the park or the pub in the nice little village of Scorton. We had a wonderful stay and have booked already for June

Date of Visit: September 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Slimseydy 33 reviews from this member

For starters if you own a high top motor home don't go near this site, driving under the arch is nerve wrecking with a caravan, I watched a brand new motorhome today lose its right hand side to the ceiling of the arch, owners were devastated on day 1 of there holiday,

On a positive, this site is decent value, I paid 16.50 a night for pitch in front of reception, ok so it is just a car park, but nothing wrong with that in my book, I preferred that location than in between the statics on 2 slabs of concrete.

I was next to a shallow river that is supposed to hold salmon & trout, id see the odd fish jump but did not bother to fish it as you could see the bottom of the river bed,

There is an outdoor pool that is open from 9-5, not massive but well maintained arcade on site behind reception, club open in the evenings but not very busy think I counted 40 people on the Saturday. Chippy on site but they don't advertise themselves very well, have to ask for a menu, all food is cooked on request so don't expect fast food, order food 1/2 hour before you want it then go and pick it up.

Showers adequate but not 5 star,was a nice stay & will return.

Date of Visit: May 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Clairechris 13 reviews from this member

We had a super time at this site. The access like any good hideaway is narrow but hey ho. Don't be put off by the 1970s buildings.

The tourer area is very small but therefore select you are in the middle of statics but this gave it a fab holiday atmosphere we made loads of friends and were only there 4 days.

The pool had just opened and was really clean was warming up and weather was boiling so in we went. Chippy was nice touch and we had 2 good nights in the club family nights the best good act and reasonable drinks price.Walks round the river are lovely and walk to scotforth for a nice meal at the barn pizza and pasta night very good.

Didn't use toilets much bit old but clean. Shop had everything basic needs.Staff great. Will go again.

Date of Visit: July 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: 19graeme 1 review from this member

When we arrived we had the choice of the main field or the hard standings at the front of the site. I went for the hard standing as it was, easier for reversing, next to the river and you could sit out and enjoy the wild life.

The railway is close by but not a problem.

The staff were helpful and accommodating. The outdoor pool pleasant on a sunny afternoon.

The Old Holly Farm petting zoo across the road is free unless the kids want to use the play room. Nice for a stroll.

Well worth a visit.

Date of Visit: June 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Darby1963 6 reviews from this member

Hi just come back from here today, and must say I am glad I was only an hour away from home, this site is like something from hi - de -hi

There a mostly statics on this site apart from approx 6 places on a car park at the beginning of the site, and I really mean in the parking bays,

The other 'grass' pitches I use loosely, is a small corner where they haven't managed to put a static, placed on two odd size slabs of concrete, right in front of the chippie, (the only thing good about the site- they made nice chips)- however, didn't use the club facilities, didn't need to we could hear it from our caravan,

You have to obtain a key for toilets and showers with a 5.00 deposit, however, as prev reviews have stated do not use these toilets / showers after dark as there are no lights in them, while the showers are spacious and clean, you have to use a token of 50 pence to run them, which in all fairness is long enough, but not really any point when you cant see what you are doing,.

I have been camping for many years now, and can honestly say, this site needs to be put to rest for touring caravans - there is no water facilities near your touring pitch you have to go up towards the shop / toilets near middle of site,

Didn't use pool as it was raining, from what I could see though it did look fairly clean, but I was quite a distance away.

There is a 9ft bridge you have to go under to enter the site, however, we didn't have any probs getting through it.

I can honestly say this is probably the worst site I have been on in my camping days and would never visit again.

Previous     15 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lancashire   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!