Visitor Reviews - Fleece Meadow Caravan & Camping Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Herefordshire > Site Reviews

Fleece Meadow Caravan & Camping Site

Fishing   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport

Reviews:  16 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Neddygirl 4 reviews from this member

Have returned here after last visiting 8 years ago and can honestly say it's even better and has improved with time, not that we thought it needed it. Well presented, very clean and tidy, very relaxing with all the local amenities within walking distance. Very friendly both for human and dogs. A jewel well hidden within kington and definitely gets an A* from us, it certainly won't be another 8 years before we return.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mommajones 1 review from this member

This is a lovely clean site, The staff are very helpful & friendly, The The fees are very reasonable, There is a park for all ages attached to the site & the surrounding shops & pubs which are a short walk away are very good. It is so dog friendly which is the main reason for using this site so are the pubs. The toilet & shower block are very clean along with disabled toilet & shower as well, There is everything that you need on site. The site also has the river arrow running through which is beautiful. I would recommend this site to everybody.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Dame mercedes 1 review from this member

My driver found this site. She drove through a bus depot. 'She's nearer Alzheimers than I thought, ' was what went through my mind. But at the end of the line of buses was a wonderful spacious open site. Someone rushed over to welcome us. I could park where I liked. Oh, it was so beautifully level. Bliss! And the grass was smooth with no bits to be trampled into my inner sanctum.

My people went off to the toilet block and came back with big smiles, hot water, clean, simple. I was refreshed too. Water, chemical disposal point.

There was a big park the other side of the hedge and I saw those giant toys that children like. There was a river too. It was really quiet and peaceful.

I had a few days of idleness (which I call well deserved rest!) The two-legged ones went off in the morning and came back really tired with wonderful walking. My cupboards filled with their shopping. I didn't have to park in town as they could walk round the corner and were in the centre. They kept saying that the sticky ginger pud at the Oxford Arms was to die for. (I never feel like that about a fill of diesel!) Anyway we had to go back there on the way home so that they could have another helping.

I want to go there again. I am hoping to negotiate with the driver on this. I don't think there will a problem.

Dame Mercedes

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ianembryonex 2 reviews from this member

Myself and 2 friends were walking the Off's Dyke and we stayed here on Saturday night. I had tried to book in advance but never had any answer for the phone number I found. However I had read a review that suggested, just turn up and pay, so we did. What a lovely place. As soon as we arrived a gentlemen waved us in and said we could set up where ever we fancied, it was quite quiet. We paid our 7.00 each and used the showers. Brilliant, in France this is how camping works at Municipal sites, pretty much right in the town centre. It's such a shame we don't have a lot more sites like this. The toilets and showers were very clean, the campsite was very well cared for, and for us as backpackers it ticked all the boxes. Just a couple of extras, the Indian in town was brilliant, but you need to take your own wine, and the little Cafe just up the road was fabulous 4. 85 for a full English with a mug of tea.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Rod_vw 3 reviews from this member

The nearest thing that we have found to a French municipal site!

Almost in the town, by the football pitch and cricket pitch and by the river. Just drive in and pitch yourself, someone will come around in the evening and collect the money.

Just how campsites should be! Facilities are simple but adequate. The pitches are on grass but the ground was firm enough when we visited and the grass kept short enough for comfort.

The only down-side is that the price is too high at 14 without EHU and 17 with EHU. 10 & 13 respectively would be the maximum in my opinion but this is Britain so what can we expect?

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Colinrt56 1 review from this member

Spent many happy trips with my late partner to fleece meadow, it's a very nice site and the owners are nice people. Though I did miss rob the grass cutter, what a character. The site is level and the shower blocks and toilets are very clean, there is a river running through the site and a very large recreation ground next door and a child's park which my grandchildren spent time and riding their bikes, very dog friendly area and they can run in the field. In the village there are a few nice old pubs where you can get nice home cooked food, these are also dog friendly, now I've sold my camper van I'm back to the tent but will be back there this year.

Previous     16 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Herefordshire   -   Search for a site

Win an Outwell Barbecue Package worth 249 Win a Clarke IG2000B 1.8kW Suitcase Generator worth 299

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally 7th to 7th July, Derbyshire