Visitor Reviews - Riverside Chalet And Campsite

Riverside Chalet And Campsite
Contin
Strathpeffer
Highlands   (Browse area)
IV14 9ES   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m 5m  5m   5m  1m  5m

Open: April To October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  14 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Reviewer: Blinxter 8 reviews from this member

Lovely little site. Local store right by the entrance carrying most things you will need. Gorgeousness views over the river and into the hills and mountains beyond.

Relaxed pitching allowing you to chose your location with mindful respect to other campers.

Gazebo provided for this with smaller tents to use for eating/cooking etc if the weather takes a turn.

Ground is very rocky (to be expected by a river) so my only advice would be to take a selection of spare pegs. The investment in a few pegs is well worth the views and relying atmosphere.

Great base for visiting the attractions of Scotland. Loch Ness not far away, easy access to the whisk yep trails and the moray tourist routes. Jon-o-groats a nice run out up the A9 which you are on within a few minutes of leaving the site.

I especially liked the toilets where each 'cubicle' is kore of a room with your own sink and mirror allowing you to get ready in private in the mornings :)

Inverness is half an hour away if you need anything major whilst away.

Would definitely come back here and stay for longer next time, there is so much more I would like to do in the area.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Surveyors 1 review from this member

Nicely located at the side of the river. Very adequate if slightly eccentric facilities for ablutions, laundry and dishwashing, which are all regularly inspected and cleaned. Local shop and garage within immediate vicinity. Very helpful and friendly management. Would not hesitate to stop there again.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bigmac71 1 review from this member

I arrived at his fantastic looking camp site on the 02 may 2014 with intent to stay till Monday 05 but unfortunately I had to leave due to ill health in the family so my review is about my stay for the 24 hours there. Well thanks to the owners for fantastic time and brilliant hospitality. The camp ground itself was just what we were looking for, good bit off ground nice and secluded. Now when it comes to the toilet review (people have different opinions) my opinion is that is clean and tidy all the time and nice hot water from the taps and showers my wife agrees. My 8 year old was playing on the slid and swings and enjoyed it. There was a cold water tap at the bottom middle off the field that was very handy. There was a nice little village shop at the entrance off the camp site. Thanks again for a wonderful stay and I will be back this time with my sister and her family as well. Lovely river at bottom of the site, looks like a set from Canada!

Reviewer: Rue1 1 review from this member

Just got back from a fantastic week at this site. This is the second time we have visited this year. From a family that never usually go to the same place consecutively especially in the same year that is saying something. We also plan to go for 2 weeks next year. If you want 5 star facilities then don't bother with this site but if you want peace and tranquillity with friendly staff then this is the place for you. The position next to the river is great and there is plenty to do and see. The toilets/shower block is basic but very clean. The pot washing facilities are based in the men's toilets which may be a problem for some but if I'm doing the cooking it is only fair the men do the washing. The owners are addressing this. The owners are great hosts and will help whenever they are able. I was unsure I was going to write a review for this site as I was worried they would be inundated but it is not often you find a gem of a site and this is certainly one. Please don't change things too much. We have fallen in love with Scotland and if we lived nearer we would visit more. Thank you.

Reviewer: Crashman 1 review from this member

We spent two weeks at this site in a large tunnel tent with electric hookup, and I must say we were really impressed, the area is stunning and well located for a lot of local attractions, we had our four children with us on the site aged from 3-14 and they all loved it and found lots to keep them amused whilst on site. Although the shower block is basic, it works, its cleaned, it has hot water, really what else do you need ? as long as you realize you are visiting a campsite and not a five star hotel you will not be disappointed. The staff took our stay to another level with there friendly and helpful attitude, they really made our stay memorable buy amongst other things arranging for a local piper to play for my daughter birthday BBQ, that was something special for her. The surrounding area offers lots to see from waterfalls, mountains & dolphins to loch Ness or shopping in Inverness, loads for all types of interests. The well stocked shop at the top of the site caters for most things you could need whilst on the site. There is also a yurt on site where the owner runs a variety of workshops from hide tanning (booking only) to Buddhist chanting (which my wife and eldest daughter loved), they and the local area just offer so much I cant say enough good things. All I can say is try it you wont be disappointed.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: MR ERIC SULLIVAN 2 reviews from this member

We stopped here on our way to the Highlands for one night but made an immediate decision to stay longer. The facilities were out dated and one shower (out of three) was out of action but the setting was fantastic and I would have happily wild camped there if I could.

The site is on an unspoiled section of river and you can even have a campfire in the designated area which would be communal I guess.

There is a good General store at the entrance, tyre swings and slide for the kids. The river could be a problem for smaller children. There are now some hook-up points on the perimeter fence as well as in the middle. There is a Yurt on the site which hosts courses and seminars at weekends although we were there mid week.

If you like piped music gravel WiFi and heated toilet blocks move on. Otherwise a fantastic site!

Previous     14 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Highlands   -   Search for a site

Win a Coleman Event Shelter from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Somerset Motorhome Show 12/09 to 14/09 Shepton Mallet
All the latest Motorhomes and a host of accessories. Win Tickets or buy Discounted Day Ticket Offer!