Visitor Reviews - Bwlchgwyn Farm Equestrian Centre & Holiday Cottages

Bwlchgwyn Farm Equestrian Centre & Holiday Cottages
Coast Road
Fairbourne Arthog
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL39 1BX   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01341 250107  or  07900573662

1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m   5m

Open: Easter / October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  27 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin 200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Emmamoo 12 reviews from this member

This site is a gem. I like that it's hilly with flat pitches and the views are incredible. It's a steep drive up to the farmhouse to check in but it was so lovely even when it rained! You can see Barmouth from the site and from Barmouth we could even pick out our tent from a distance! The area was very nice and picturesque. It's a short drive to Fairbourne where we could get the steam train. The site has its pluses, the shower block is a set of singular bathrooms with loo, which is great because you can get the kids in with you and no waiting for one family room. There are extra loos further up the site also. The people we met were very nice, and we had no problems with anyone else staying there. I'd very much like to go back again.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Phil and Katie 7 reviews from this member

This site was recommended to us by our son who has a tent. We were a little nervous from his description of the access. We have a 20' caravan and the access road is steep but once you have arrived at the pitches you immediately appreciate why you have climbed so high. The views over the estuary to Barmouth are absolutely stunning. We were allowed to pitch with our main windows facing the view which was wonderful. The facilities were well kept in an individual bathroom style providing plenty of space when showering. The whole site is tiered to offer just about every pitch a magnificent view, but of course means that trips to the facilities have a steep climb back to your unit. A site we will definitely be returning to.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Summer2006 2 reviews from this member

We spotted this campsite across the bay. A great drive round 70p across the toll bridge. When we arrived we were warmly greeted. We picked a great pitch over looking the estuary. We had wonderful weather very quiet when we stayed. Very clean site shower block was new with more than enough showers. Each shower had a sink and toilet and a chair and spotless and free we stayed for only one night wish we found it sooner and will be returning as soon as we can thanks for a great time

Reviewer: BASE849 1 review from this member

Toilets & showers adequate, just.

View amazing.

Quiet, family dominated site.

Steep slopes for kids (& some parents) to tumble down.

Owners friendly & relaxed.

Lovely beach & miniature railway nearby to keep my toddler happy.

Only negative experience unrelated to the campsite- we indulged in a curry from the local town & it was by far the most expensive we have eaten, but at the same time the shabbiest ever, including ones we've eaten in the poorest slums in the far east. Appalling quality meat, badly cooked & microwaved rice- minging:-(

But the campsite was quality:-)

Really liked the place.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Pete j 1 review from this member

The touring pitches on this site are at the top of a steep incline that includes an hairpin bend so if you have a large caravan you'll need a 4x4. Not to worry though as the kind owners towed our caravan from the 'Pony Trecking carpark' by the road for us and also brought van back down. Just ring and ask if you think you'll need help. It is worth the effort to visit this site for the view alone, It must be one of the best in the UK. Facilities are basic but clean. The Elsan point is two levels down from the touring pitches by the lower set of showers, whilst the distance isn't much you do have to climb back up the hill. I wouldn't recommend this site for anyone with mobility problems due to the inclines involved even getting to the showers.

Barmouth is a steady 40 minute walk over the railway bridge ( which is now free) and Fairbourne is around 20 minutes. Once you get down the hill from the site the rest of these walks are level.

We will definitely be visiting this site again.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Shanefidel 3 reviews from this member

This was my first camping trip ! I had 3 days mountain biking in an area I had never ridden. I wanted a basic site that was handy for the area I wanted to ride.

This site was perfect for my needs. The owners were very helpful on arrival and showed me where to pitch(right by the toilets and showers).

The toilets were clean and the showers piping hot.

Considering it did not stop raining the whole time, and I was sure at times my little tent was going to be blown away with the winds, the site drained really well and was far less muddy than I expected considering the awful weather.

All in all this was a very good first experience of life under canvas and if you just need a base to explore the area this site would be a very good choice.

My wife and little boy came to pick me up and decided to stay the night (which was really nice as she swore she would never sleep in a tent !)

My little boy who is 3 loved the experience.

On the down side as a family, longer than a night or two may be too much with just the basic amenities, but as I say one your own this site is perfect.

Previous     27 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win a HandiRack and HandiHoldall Combo Pack Win an OLPRO Abberley XL 4 Berth Tent

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more