Visitor Reviews - Moor End Farm

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Site Reviews

Moor End Farm
Acaster Malbis
York
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO23 2UQ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01904 706727  or  07860 405872

1m

Open: April To October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  24 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a £300 Prize Package including £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jakencharlie 1 review from this member

First time we have visited here, it's a lovely clean site, staff are really friendly and it's dog friendly too, it has a lovely pub close by and there are lots of places for walking, you can walk by the river or go on the boat all way into York, really enjoyed our stay, would definitely recommend

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: ThomasH 1 review from this member

For all readers from Germany who are looking for a lovely quiet place on the outskirts of York:

Sometimes I'm lucky I'm alive ...

It was pure coincidence that I landed in my search for a place for my tent on the outskirts of York on Moor End Farm. But I think already I'm everyday, still happy to go back to the days there. It was exactly what I was looking for.

All that is said in the foregoing reviews, I can affirm and affirm. Moor End Farm is a quite small, very well-kept and quiet place to unrestrained well-being. It is simply a loving place to be found.

From the directly approaching narrow, very little busy road the campingareal is safely separated by a dense, carefully cut, almost brusthohe hedge. (I'm a little over 1, 80m tall.) Children are thus reliably protected from being trapped by the game, running on the road. I had my tent in a corner, almost on the street. However, I have felt quite honestly and unprejudiced at no time by bothered by traffic noise.

A particularly praise worth the sanitary facilities. These were at all times of my stay very clean. Also they are very well maintained. We all know here that this is not always so. That there is only one shower for women and men, was for me no problem at all. For the size of the facility is obviously comfortable.

For a visit to York, Moor End Farm is an ideal starting point. York is indeed a remarkable city. But you should take more than a day to explore. The National Railway Museum is sure to be an absolute highlight for railway and technology enthusiasts.

I decided to go on a boat trip on the River Ouse to York on Sunday and enjoyed them very much. In fine weather, this is a very attractive alternative. To the mooring is about 700 m walk. The boat sails from April to September only on Saturdays, Sundays and a few selected other days. Directly opposite the pier is the Pub Ship Inn. It is a very nice, lovingly furnished hospitable place. They serve food there. Also the prices are, according to my feeling, reasonable.

Special recognition deserves the hospitality, the support and the warmth that Bill and his wife have given me in the days at Moor End Farm. This was a truly extraordinary impressive experience. Thank you very much again Moira and Bill!

Bill has been the owner of the Moor End Farm, which exists as a farm in the immediate neighborhood.

For me, it is clear that I will not pitch my tent anywhere else on Moor End Farm when I stay next time in the area. I can only confirm: Highly recommended!
---------------
Für alle Leser aus Deutschland, die einen liebenswerten ruhigen Platz am Rand von York suchen:

Manchmal hat man Glück I'm Leben…

Es war purer Zufall, dass ich bei meiner Suche nach einem Platz für mein Zelt an der Peripherie von York auf Moor End Farm gelandet bin. Aber ich denke, bereits wieder I'm Alltag, immer noch gern an die Tage dort zurück. Es war exakt das, wonach ich für mich gesucht habe.

All das, was in den vorstehenden Reviews gesagt wird, kann ich bestätigen und bekräftigen. Moor End Farm ist ein ziemlich kleiner, sehr gepflegter und ruhiger Platz zum uneingeschränktem Wohlfühlen. Es ist einfach ein liebevoller Platz, wie man ihn sich zu finden wünscht.

Von der direkt vorbeiführenden schmalen, sehr wenig befahrenen Straße ist das Campingareal durch eine dichte, sorgfältig geschnittene, fast brusthohe Hecke sicher abgetrennt. (Ich bin etwas über 1, 80 m groß. ) Kinder sind dadurch zuverlässig davor geschützt, vom Spiel gefangen, unbedacht auf die Straße zu laufen. Mein Zelt hatte ich in einer Ecke, quasi direkt an der Straße, stehen. Ich habe mich aber ganz ehrlich und unbefangen zu keinem Zeitpunkt durch von dort kommenden Verkehrslärm belästigt gefühlt.

Ein besonders Lob verdienen die sanitären Einrichtungen. Diese sind zu jedem Zeitpunkt meines Aufenthaltes sehr sauber gewesen. Auch sind sie sehr gepflegt. Wir alle hier wissen, dass das nicht immer so ist. Dass es für Frauen und Männer jeweils nur eine Dusche gibt, war für mich überhaupt kein Problem. Für die Größe der Anlage reicht das offensichtlich komfortabel aus.

Für einen Besuch von York ist Moor End Farm eine idealer Ausgangspunkt. York ist in der Tat eine bemerkenswerte Stadt. Man sollte sich aber mehr als nur einen Tag Zeit nehmen, um sie zu erkunden. Für an Eisenbahnen und Technik Interessierte ist sicher das National Railway Museum dort ein absoluter Höhepunkt.

Ich habe mich am Sonntag für die Fahrt mit dem Schiff auf dem River Ouse nach York entschieden und sie sehr genossen. Bei schönem Wetter ist das eine sehr attraktive Alternative. Bis zur Anlegestellen sind es ca. 700 m Fußweg. Das Schiff fährt jedoch von April bis September nur an Samstagen, Sonntagen und wenigen ausgewählten anderen Tagen. (näher Infos hier: https://www. Yorkboat. Co. Uk/daytime/river-bus-service/ ) Direkt gegenüber von der Anlegestelle ist der Pub Ship Inn. Es ist eine sehr schöne, liebevoll eingerichtete gastliche Stätte. Sie servieren dort gutschmeckendes Essen. Auch die Preise sind, nach meinem Empfinden, vernünftig.

Besondere Anerkennung verdient die Gastfreundschaft, die Unterstützung und die Herzlichkeit die mir Bill und seine Frau in den Tagen auf Moor End Farm entgegengebracht haben. Das war eine wirklich außergewöhnliche beeindruckende Erfahrung. Thank you very much again Moira and Bill!

Bill hat während meiner Zeit auf Moor End Farm, die als landwirtschaftlicher Betrieb in direkter Nachbarschaft existiert, als Platzwart den Besitzer vertreten.

Für mich steht fest, dass ich bei meinem nächsten Aufenthalt in der Gegend mein Zelt nirgendwo sonst, als auf Moor End Farm, aufschlagen werde. Ich kann nur bestätigen: Highly recommended!

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Terrythetalbot 1 review from this member

What a lovely quiet site, clean showers with lots of hot water, washer and dryer (if you need them) free hairdryer in the ladies.

Friendly helpful people too. We enjoyed our stay

Check bus times because we waited half an hour then decided to walk in and the next village

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Gyrotom 1 review from this member

I have just come back from Moor End Farm from the second one week stay there and agree with the good reviews I have seen here.

I am a caravan newbie and need to stay in the area for a flying instructor course.

The site is family run and very clean and tidy and feels very welcoming and Roger has been very patient and helpful advising me how to set up etc. The electric hook-ups were easy to use and in good condition. I left my steps when I went home the first time and Roger had kept them safe for me!

The toilet block and showers were very clean and bright and the water hot and easy to adjust to temp.

As has already been said the locals are all very friendly and the area is lovely and quiet yet with great access to York and the surrounding area.

All in all a really ideal site to act as base for the York area.

Although I did not have children with me I give it 10/10 for child friendliness because all the families with children I saw there seemed to be having a great time.

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: ML60BAR 15 reviews from this member

This has been a wet winter for the Vale of York! We booked in here after a nearby site turned us away as the ground was too wet. When we arrived we had doubts as to whether our T5 would manage to reach the pitch offered, but Roger said 'give it a go'. In retrospect possibly not the best idea, and we duly got stuck. However he (with the help of his tractor) was more than helpful in getting us out of our predicament and found us a lovely alternative in the shelter of his hay barn, offering us pallets to put down to avoid the worst of the mud. Our own private decking! This was not a 'regular' pitch, but served our purposes more than adequately, we didn't want electric. A site with a combination of seasonal pitches and tourers, more than adequate facilities (two WCs one shower for ladies and gents, with a free hairdryer) plus a family shower room, washing up sink and washing machine/tumble dryer. Some swings for children to play on. A lovely feel to the site, no regimented rows which was why we rejected the other sites in the village. True, some pitches do back on to the road with very little protection, but not a busy road. All in all a lovely site if you go when it has dried up a bit, good walking/cycling around and an excellent pub in the village.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Joanne m 1 review from this member

Hi there we have just came back from this site and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The proprietors are such nice people. Roger is a very helpful chap. The toilet blocks and showers were very clean. Our caravan was pitched near to roadside of site. But the traffic was never a problem. Infact I wouldn't have it any other way because we spoke to lots and lots of villagers who were strolling by. Everyone had time to chat. This site is ideally situated for lovely river walks and into Bishopthorpe or a little drive for local tesco or other shopping outlets

We have already booked to go back and take family.

Previous     24 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in North Yorkshire   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth £49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans – plus 1000s of accessories ...more