Visitor Reviews - Dinas Caravan Park Camping& Glamping

Dinas Caravan Park Camping& Glamping
Dinas
Llanbedr
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL45 2PH   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m   5m  10m  5m

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  No Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  38 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sheba66 2 reviews from this member

Just had a couple of days on this beautiful peaceful campsite the location was stunning. The toilet blocks were very clean and the disabled toilet and shower were very good as my wife is disabled as some sites the disabled facilities are not as good because my wife has to step over into the shower. The owner was very helpful even to the extent of charging my wife's mobility scooter battery. We will be recommending to family and friends

Reviewer: Sulfurlilly 1 review from this member

I stayed at this little gem of a beauty August Bank Holiday last year for 3 days, 2 nights. After driving up the single road, which we passed only one car, which was done easily enough, we arrived at our destination, we had already rang on the day, so had a pitch.

On entering the site we were not disappointed, the views were stunning, the pitches set out around the edges of both upper and lower field, we were on the upper, which I thought was a great way to pitch, no overcrowding. We set about pitching our tent, and once up we went and explored the surrounding areas, the lower field with the stream, sounded very relaxing, up to the Lake, which looked picturesque.

The facilities: mens/womens Toliets/shower block. Clean and stocked with toilet paper, air freshner and toilet brushes, efficient lighting, which at night came on in the toilets itself. The added wetroom/baby changer separate was clean and a welcomed bonus. Everything you need for a 'real' camping experience in my eyes. I even didn't mind the occasional bugs.

There is also cleaning sinks outside, with hot water, washing up liquid and cleaning brushes, which is a good job as I forgot mine, I only waited once to use the sink the whole time I was there.

The owners are very relaxed and friendly, we spoke to them a few times, they brought round wood for the campfire daily, there is nothing better than sitting around at night with the fire going an the general buzz of the camp and fellow campers, plenty enough room for families to let their children play, roam and investigate the surroundings, I especially liked the no music, nice to sit back and relax.

Local amenities are a short drive away, or a nice stroll, depending on where you want to go. There is a spar not far, back onto the main road, which has a butchers in, meat is very reasonable priced an lovely. Barmouth is a short drive(about 20mins) which boast great beaches, and then the other direction is Harlech, with the stunning castle and further onto Porthmadog, with the beautiful habour and train station. Both lovely places to visit.

Overall we had a fantastic visit and will be going back this year. Pricing to camp is very good for what you get.

Possible downside would be the road, if your not used to them, just take it easy.

Reviewer: Loumck 2 reviews from this member

We stayed here with friends in August this year. We all (four adults and a child) had a brilliant time. The campsite feels really away from it all. It is down a very narrow road with few passing places which is a bit scary! The site is beautiful and quiet. My son had a lovely time playing with other children on site and there's lots of space to play. The owners are very friendly and welcoming.

We hired a canoe on the lake and really enjoyed that- 10 for an hour. Also went out exploring. We climbed the Roman Steps for stunning views over the Rhinog range and visited Harlech castle and beach. It's a beautiful area with lots to do.

We also had campfires in the evenings- wood and fire boxes provided on site. A really useful touch was the picnic tables- one for each pitch. There's a really good butchers in Llanbedr for barbecue meat.

Toilets and showers were perfectly adequate- if nothing special. Didn't have to queue.

All in all would thoroughly recommend this site!

Reviewer: Spaceinvader79 1 review from this member

The site is about 7 minutes inland off the A496 along some single track country lanes on which passing can sometimes be challenging, its location makes for a peaceful stay, there is no traffic noise at all. The only noises you will hear are the farms animals in the distance although we did have a personal visit from a chicken. The cost for 2 adults in a tent was reasonable at 15 per night.

The owners are very laid back, nice friendly people. The campers seemed to be a nice bunch, families and couples who stuck to the sites few and sensible rules, one of which being no noise after 11. The tents are all setup around the outside leaving plenty of space in the middle for kids to play.

Facilities are decent, there was no shop that I was aware of but you could buy items for making a camp fire at 9, hire a Canoe for 10 (which we can recommend!). The washrooms are fair considering they are free, one in the ladies, one in the gents, another larger shower room, all with hot water at any time, and a couple of sinks outside for the dishes. I never had to wait more then 5 mins for the shower in the morning, my girlfriend never had to wait at all, kept acceptably clean but obviously you will find the usual bugs and grass trodden in from the fields.

There is a Spar mini supermarket about 15+ minutes south on the A496 if you head in the direction of Barmouth or a big Tesco in Porthmadog about 25 mins north and across a 50p toll road. The location is good for exploring, we visited Barmouth, Fairbourne, Porthmadog, Bala and Harlech's castle and beach, all via car. There are also lots of local walks.

I would happily return to this site and would have no problem recommending it to friends and family.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jimmiangel5 1 review from this member

I Stayed here in June 2013 and very much enjoyed it. The site is small and peaceful, clean and well organised. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The small lake just above the site is one of the most beautiful places that have ever seen. You can walk directly from the site on to the main peaks of the Rhinogs or there are more gentle walks nearby and the coast with lovely beaches is only about 20 minutes away. I would highly recommend this lovely site for those who want a quiet retreat.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Msfoto393 7 reviews from this member

I stayed at Dinas Park recently, upon arriving (on a Friday afternoon) I found the site to be almost empty, by Friday evening a few more campers had arrived but not full by any means. I can only put this down to the fact there are a number of campsites in this vicinity, Dinas is a very picturesque site. Each pitch has a picnic table and fire pit and so long as you buy their wood can have a campfire. I really enjoyed my time here. The owners were very friendly and helpful.

There are only two issues, 1, the site is accessed via a narrow single track road which even with passing points can make passing somewhat hair raising at times. 2, the toilet block was a bit questionable, though not the worst I have encountered. The gents smelled strongly of urine even though it appeared to be clean, though I may be wrong I suspect it may have been a drainage issue.

Overall I would recommend Dinas though it is a little difficult to find.

Previous     38 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win a Vehicle and Personal GPS Tracker from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Somerset Motorhome Show 12/09 to 14/09 Shepton Mallet
All the latest Motorhomes and a host of accessories. Win Tickets or buy Discounted Day Ticket Offer!