Visitor Reviews - Kingdom Caravan Park

Kingdom Caravan Park
1 Overstenton Farm
Glenrothes
Fife   (Browse area)
KY6 2NG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  15 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: AWest 1 review from this member

I have recently stayed at Kingdom Caravan Park with my husband and two children.

The site is easy to find and located in a quiet, but central spot in Glenrothes. The site is really lovely upon arrival and is well looked after. It is very clean and tidy.

My husband went to reception to sort out our stay and we parked the caravan in a nice gravel area, close to the toilets. We were impressed by the pitch and their was a small play area for the kids.

We walked over to the newly refurbished Michael Woods Leisure Centre only a few minutes away and it was just stunning, lovely new facilities. The kids spent the day in the pool, having a great time. This is a must do, don't miss out! I spent my afternoon in the sauna and Jacuzzi, so relaxing.

The town centre is only a short drive away and we also enjoyed the facilities there. There are also local shops 5 minutes away with various take-aways, chemist, beauty salon, paper shop etc.

The toilet blocks were lovely and clean when I was there. I really could not fault them. They smelled lovely and clean every morning. The floors had been brushed and washed. The showers were clean and in good condition. I was really pleased and impressed. No hairs in the shower, or on any of the floors. Plenty of hand soap, toilet roll, hand towels etc.

The laundry was perfect, it had more than one machine, so I could all our laundry before I went home. It was open late also. I noticed a lady doing her laundry after 9pm. Perfect, if you have been out all day.

The staff were friendly, informative and welcoming. I have went to many sites and they have be so unhelpful, not here, they will make you welcome. They are also child friendly. Dogs are also allowed on the site.

We will definitely be back and next time will visit other nearby locations - St. Andrews and Edinburgh, only an hour away from Kingdom.

Good value for money and good facilities. Will be back again. Would definitely recommend. More importantly my kids enjoyed and liked the local walks nearby. Thank you for such an enjoyable stay!

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JILLMOFF 1 review from this member

My close family and I have been going to kingdom caravan park for a number of years. we find the facilities sufficient for our needs. we have always been made very welcome and have on more than one occasion help from the friendly staff.

The toilet block could do with a womans touch in the cleaning but it is not the worst my family or I have experienced. In a nearby village Star we have had good real food at the village pub called the plough its worth any family going to they look after you very well.

All in all kingdom caravan park is very good value for money and if you are on a budget like me and my family and you are in fife why not give it a try?????????

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Wandering 1 review from this member

We were met by a very friendly and kind warden , He was Very helpful and knowledgeable. The site is in A good location, fairly quiet and the grounds are clean and well looked after. All the pitches are hard standing, the entire site is stone chips. Hookups very close and plenty of water standpipes to be had. All in all a fair outdoor site. Ok that's the good stuff.

Now for the not so good, at first glance the site looks great until you notice There is no clubhouse, no shop, not even a vending machine.

The toilet blocks are yet another story. Old and dated toilet seats are cheap domestic and constantly slipped to the side. The cubicals are old and patched. The showers are chipped and moldy grouting. My wife and I were astonished to see the showers are walled with the same stuff the statics caravans are skirted with, To make that worse the stuff is in 6 inch strips and not even in the same direction, leaving hair stuck in the cracks everywhere, the trays are stained and some smell of urine, there is mold everywhere, the electic shower my wife used in the disabled shower leaked so bad it was hard to get a shower and the shower leaks onto the floor. The water in the sinks is so hot you get a warning on arival. I used the mens shower/toilet on the main building next to the office, the small shower was fair but in poor condition, the disabled shower is a nightmare, dirty, moldy its done in the same skirting, short pubic hair stuck everywhere the drain was so slow I was standing in water with in minutes. The tray is stained smells of urine, All in: very dirty. The toilets are tired. The family bathroom is not open. The toilet blocks need gutting and a complete refurbishment.

There is no grass anywhere its all chips. 2 years ago there was a nice grassy area and the site was kid friendly. The play area is small and tired with a little set of swings and kids club house has a tired old indoor basket ball game, a air hockey table in poor condition, there is little for kids and with no grass to our mind the place is not kid friendly.

Although the owner tom is a very nice chap and the service is friendly we could not in its present state recommend this site. To be fair we did see some cosmetic work going on in the blocks. It looks nice but it will not fix the underlying problems of age and ware and poor care. During the days we stayed the toilets were not cleaned or if they were definitely to a poor standard. We hope the owner/s will one day fix the problems

Date of Visit: March 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Calum54 1 review from this member

A very clean a well set up site. Large hard standing pitches and easy access.

The wardens are kind and very helpful with much knowledge, their service on site is excellent with help when you need it, a smile always and a wonderful attitude.

There are two large toilet/shower blocks that are clean but dated although well maintained. There is a large washup area with a washer and dryer.

No shop on site and no vending machines, local shops are 5 minute drive or a 10-15 minute walk.

There is a very small fenced play area with a small set of swings on bark chips and a play/club house with very limited items. No ball games are allowed and there is no grass area for playing games or tents. A playing field/park is about a 5 min walk with no playground.

If you Walk five to ten mins in the other direction and you will be at the swimming pool and sports centre, currently being rebuilt.

The owners work very hard to give you great service and great time and see their caravan site is very well presented!

Down side: Facilities are not very child friendly with little or no playing area. The entire site is gravel chipped. There was little there for our kids.

We would still recommend the site to all, however not really for children.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Malagaoth 11 reviews from this member

We had a strange welcome at this site when we asked to book in for one night, we got the 'sucking in through teeth' noise usually made by car repairers just after you ask them for a quote! they did agree to let us stay though and once over the initial strangeness the managers could not have been more helpful.

The cause of the initial reaction was never discovered as the site remained almost empty during our stay.

Although I suspect largely a site geared towards static caravans the facilities were very good and although the shower in the main block might have been a little cleaner it was still OK.

Shops quite close by and a couple of semi rural walks will give you something to occupy yourself with although there might not be much to occupy the children

Date of Visit: September 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Niboy1 3 reviews from this member

Booked this site late notice,just needed to retire for the weekend and recharge

The site was very well sign posted from main roads

The wardens where very helpful and walked me to me pitch on the site

The site was very well maintained and on the whole was a pleasure to stay in

There were lots of dogs around and as a dog lover myself was good to see

The area was great whilst the kids went of to the swimming pool nearby the wife and I could enjoy a quite walk

The shopping in the town was also great for a little retail therapy

All I can say is if you are thinking about it then try it you will not be disappointed (honest )

I will be returning at some point this year

Previous     15 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Fife   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!