Visitor Reviews - Mosspaul Camping

Mosspaul Bothy
Teviotdale
By Hawick
Borders   (Browse area)
TD9 0LP   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01450 850624  or  07551515192

5m  10m

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  No Motorhomes

Reviews:  15 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: VangoMan02 14 reviews from this member

Just returned from a short break at this amazing site. I had a really nice private pitch called the Orchard. I also had hookup for my coolbox.

The whole place is kept in great condition and the facilities are spotless.

The shower is nice and warm with several spray options ( would love a shower like this at home), with a loo and sink next door to that, and a neat small kitchen area with sink for washing dishes, also has a microwave for campers use.

There are 9 pitches in total with only 4 or 5 being used at anyone time. You can hire a firepit, chimenea or barbeque which are very reasonably priced.

Dave and Jessie are a hardworking couple and keep this small site in excellent condition and make you very welcome.

As others have said, if you want an all singing and dancing site then this is not for you. If you want a nicely located, well kept with spotless facilities and adult only, then this will do nicely.

This is unique site in a lovely location and one I will be only to happy to return to.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Wollycobbles 1 review from this member

If you like a busy campsite with lots of people to share the toilets and showers with, kids running around making lots of noise (been there done that), a club house/pub on site, lots of tacky gift shops and restaurants on your doorstep, This campsite is not for you.

If you want piece and tranquillity in a beautiful setting and feel like you are the only people on the campsite, then this is for you. The site contains just 9 pitches and in order to ensure that people are not cuing to use the use the shower/ toilet facilities they only allow a maximum of 8 campers on site at any one time.

We stayed here for four nights recently and didn't want to leave. The owners Jessie and Dave are very welcoming and friendly. The Cabin (built by Dave) and kept immaculately clean, has a toilet, wash-up area and shower that will wash every crevice :) The Cabin also contains a DVD player and DVD's you can borrow to take to your tent, books and OS Maps for local walks.

You are literally camping in someones garden. The pitches have been well thought out and are located in such a way that on most you are unlikely to have a view or be viewed by other campers. We had the super pitch which had its own fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle, imaginatively located in the rear section of the garden shed. In the fridge we found a welcome gift of sparkling wine and home made chutney.

If you are green fingered (I'm not) then I'm sure you will find the campsite very interesting. All the time we where there, Jessie was busy working away planting for more of her array of fruit and veg. We sampled some of her strawberry's which where very nice (I'm sure she just forgot to provide the cream) :)

We where so impressed by this campsite, we booked again for August and looking forward to returning.

Well done Dave and Jessie.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Prestorjohn 3 reviews from this member

I don't normally submit reviews after one visit to a site as I don't usually set a lot of store by first impressions, but it has to be said that Mosspaul is a 'Little Gem'.

I called in 'on spec' a week before my booking to get a feel for the place and although the owners were clearly very busy they were also welcoming and took the time to show me around.

I have since stayed and was not disappointed. The facilities are spotless and the site is very clean, tidy and well maintained.

As it was my first visit and my main interest is being on the tops of hills, I cannot yet comment on the general attractions in the area other than: Ask the owners who are genuinely friendly, approachable and highly informative.

The personal touch was evident throughout this unique garden site and also throughout my stay and made me feel genuinely welcome.

I would absolutely recommend Mosspaul but for purely selfish reasons I would be selective as to who I would recommend it to.

Mosspaul is a unique site that is run by really nice people. It was well worth the 2 1/2 hour drive to get there.

Spend some time there - You won't regret it.

Reviewer: Smb91 1 review from this member

Stayed here for five nights last August. Not sure I can do justice to it!

Amazing site. Very unique - you feel as if you're staying in their backyard! And the owners treat you as if you are a guest - they loaned me a chair, and offered me some fresh raspberries. They seem to make everyone feel really welcome.

I was looking to 'get away' for a bit so loved the peace and quiet this offered - opted for the 'seclusion' pitch which suited me wonderfully.

The facilities were brilliant too - probably the best shower I've seen ever, let alone on a campsite! And they were always so clean.

Great place if you want to go off to the middle of nowhere. Probably best if you can drive, but its also right next to a bus stop (on the carlisle - Edinburgh route) if, like me, you're looking for somewhere off the beaten track but unable to drive!

Hawick is nearby and a charming little town.

Most enduring feeling I took away is that the owners are constantly improving things and making this a great place to go - and its working! And for a very reasonable price. There were so many little touches - the welcome pack, the bespoke maps.

Only thing was the WiFi doesn't reach the whole site - didn't bother me as I wasn't using it, but my phone didn't pick it up.

Will definitely go back - probably when I can drive so I can see more of the sights.

Highly, highly recommend.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ninjabel 1 review from this member

Spent a lovely couple of days here, despite the terrible weather! Hosts were lovely, very friendly, with a personalised welcome pack and sweeties!

A great set-up with wooden cabin for toilet facilities, veg prep/microwave and a shower with body jets and a radio! Facilities very clean, excellent recycling system.

We went for the Burnside superpitch, with a little shed containing our own microwave, kettle, fridge-freezer, cooking implements. Brick BBQ/camp fire was set up on the pitch with a bin full of kindling.

An ideal campsite for dogs, with a gate into their field next door. Our dog had more fun than we did, and spent the weekend in and out of the burn and jumping through the long grass!

Beautiful location, spectacular views, wildlife, quiet, pleasant neighbours. The only down side was a bit of traffic noise from the A7, but overall highly recommended.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Happysunshine1912 3 reviews from this member

We stayed at Mosspaul Camping for 5 nights and absolutely loved it. The site is quirky (in a good way) and is based round the owners huge garden. There are a number of pitches of varying sizes but only 4 are ever used at any one time. Most pitches have hook up.

When we arrived we were shown the pitch we were meant to be using (Seclusion) but as it was very wet due to the recent down pour we were given the 'Super Pitch' This pitch is amazing and has it's own fridge/freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster, Fire/BBQ.

We were given a welcome pack with all the information relating to the site such as WiFi etc. We were also given a complementary gift which was a lovely touch.

Both the owners are constantly cleaning and maintaining the site and go above and beyond to ensure you have everything and more than you need, without intruding in your space.

There is one toilet but that is not an issue as there are never more than 8 people on the site! There is also a veg prep/washing up area with a newly installed fridge for the campers use next door to that is a state of the art shower.

This is a very relaxed site in a beautiful location and we will definitely return.

Previous     15 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Borders   -   Search for a site

Win a Champion 3100 Watt Inverter Petrol Generator Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!