Visitor Reviews - Mosspaul Camping

Mosspaul Bothy
Teviotdale
By Hawick
Borders   (Browse area)
TD9 0LP   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01450 850624  or  07551515192

5m  10m

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  No Motorhomes

Reviews:  17 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Eira1983 1 review from this member

Only stayed one night but already Mosspaul felt like home! Dave and Jessie were the perfect hosts, providing local information and a map on arrival. Our pitch was personalised with a 'Welcome' sign and they gave us a tour of all the pitches so we could choose another if we preferred.

The site has everything you could need: microwave, fridge-freezer, toilet (eco friendly as flushes using rain water) and the best shower you'll ever have at a campsite! A huge selection of DVDs and a DVD player are available to borrow and Mosspaul Inn backs on to the campsite - both handy in case of rain!

Great walking and hill climbing surrounding the site, very quiet and comfortable pitches.

The customer service really was second to none - really touched by how kind and helpful our hosts were!

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: NeileenM 1 review from this member

As we were attending a funeral in nearby Teviothead and couldn't find a motorhome/caravan park within this area, I phoned Dave at Mosspaul and he kindly offered a space for our motorhome in his garden. He even offered his car for us to take down to he church. My husband was even given a loan of cuff links as he forgot to take his with him! The camping site is in a beautiful location and Dave and Jessie have put a lot of thought into it with providing each camping site with their own well laid out garden with excellent facilities including an immaculate toilet and power shower with radio and subtle lighting. There is also free wifi. Doggy walking in the field next door but keep dogs on lead if the sheep are nearby. A welcome pack was supplied with information about Mosspaul and chocolates etc. Thanks again Dave and Jessie for your hospitality.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: VangoMan02 14 reviews from this member

Just returned from a short break at this amazing site. I had a really nice private pitch called the Orchard. I also had hookup for my coolbox.

The whole place is kept in great condition and the facilities are spotless.

The shower is nice and warm with several spray options ( would love a shower like this at home), with a loo and sink next door to that, and a neat small kitchen area with sink for washing dishes, also has a microwave for campers use.

There are 9 pitches in total with only 4 or 5 being used at anyone time. You can hire a firepit, chimenea or barbeque which are very reasonably priced.

Dave and Jessie are a hardworking couple and keep this small site in excellent condition and make you very welcome.

As others have said, if you want an all singing and dancing site then this is not for you. If you want a nicely located, well kept with spotless facilities and adult only, then this will do nicely.

This is unique site in a lovely location and one I will be only to happy to return to.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Wollycobbles 1 review from this member

If you like a busy campsite with lots of people to share the toilets and showers with, kids running around making lots of noise (been there done that), a club house/pub on site, lots of tacky gift shops and restaurants on your doorstep, This campsite is not for you.

If you want piece and tranquillity in a beautiful setting and feel like you are the only people on the campsite, then this is for you. The site contains just 9 pitches and in order to ensure that people are not cuing to use the use the shower/ toilet facilities they only allow a maximum of 8 campers on site at any one time.

We stayed here for four nights recently and didn't want to leave. The owners Jessie and Dave are very welcoming and friendly. The Cabin (built by Dave) and kept immaculately clean, has a toilet, wash-up area and shower that will wash every crevice :) The Cabin also contains a DVD player and DVD's you can borrow to take to your tent, books and OS Maps for local walks.

You are literally camping in someones garden. The pitches have been well thought out and are located in such a way that on most you are unlikely to have a view or be viewed by other campers. We had the super pitch which had its own fridge, microwave, toaster and kettle, imaginatively located in the rear section of the garden shed. In the fridge we found a welcome gift of sparkling wine and home made chutney.

If you are green fingered (I'm not) then I'm sure you will find the campsite very interesting. All the time we where there, Jessie was busy working away planting for more of her array of fruit and veg. We sampled some of her strawberry's which where very nice (I'm sure she just forgot to provide the cream) :)

We where so impressed by this campsite, we booked again for August and looking forward to returning.

Well done Dave and Jessie.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Prestorjohn 3 reviews from this member

I don't normally submit reviews after one visit to a site as I don't usually set a lot of store by first impressions, but it has to be said that Mosspaul is a 'Little Gem'.

I called in 'on spec' a week before my booking to get a feel for the place and although the owners were clearly very busy they were also welcoming and took the time to show me around.

I have since stayed and was not disappointed. The facilities are spotless and the site is very clean, tidy and well maintained.

As it was my first visit and my main interest is being on the tops of hills, I cannot yet comment on the general attractions in the area other than: Ask the owners who are genuinely friendly, approachable and highly informative.

The personal touch was evident throughout this unique garden site and also throughout my stay and made me feel genuinely welcome.

I would absolutely recommend Mosspaul but for purely selfish reasons I would be selective as to who I would recommend it to.

Mosspaul is a unique site that is run by really nice people. It was well worth the 2 1/2 hour drive to get there.

Spend some time there - You won't regret it.

Reviewer: Smb91 1 review from this member

Stayed here for five nights last August. Not sure I can do justice to it!

Amazing site. Very unique - you feel as if you're staying in their backyard! And the owners treat you as if you are a guest - they loaned me a chair, and offered me some fresh raspberries. They seem to make everyone feel really welcome.

I was looking to 'get away' for a bit so loved the peace and quiet this offered - opted for the 'seclusion' pitch which suited me wonderfully.

The facilities were brilliant too - probably the best shower I've seen ever, let alone on a campsite! And they were always so clean.

Great place if you want to go off to the middle of nowhere. Probably best if you can drive, but its also right next to a bus stop (on the carlisle - Edinburgh route) if, like me, you're looking for somewhere off the beaten track but unable to drive!

Hawick is nearby and a charming little town.

Most enduring feeling I took away is that the owners are constantly improving things and making this a great place to go - and its working! And for a very reasonable price. There were so many little touches - the welcome pack, the bespoke maps.

Only thing was the WiFi doesn't reach the whole site - didn't bother me as I wasn't using it, but my phone didn't pick it up.

Will definitely go back - probably when I can drive so I can see more of the sights.

Highly, highly recommend.

Previous     17 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Borders   -   Search for a site

Win a Week Camping Holiday at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks! Win a pair of Outwell Chairs and Table

UKCS Meet UK Summer Motorhome & Caravan Show 4-5th June
The summer spectacular takes place at the Kent Event Centre. Buy discounted weekend tickets, or enter our competition to win some!

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016