Visitor Reviews - Caravaning Des 4 Vents

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > Europe > France > Ile de France > Site Reviews

Caravaning Des 4 Vents
Rue De Beauregard
Disneyland
Crevecoeur En Brie
Ile de France   (Browse area)
77610   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01 64 07 41 11

1m   5m  1m

Open: March To November

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  97 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Safron 3 reviews from this member

We are a family of 6 and picked this site after reading the reviews on here and because we wanted a site close to Disney.

This site is a large quiet site, with huge pitches - it was really quiet when we were there and we got to have 2 pitches to ourselves.

The site is very well maintained and the toilets / showers are spotlessly clean.

There is a small children's playground and a large swimming pool but its very cold and quite deep - not suitable for small children and I didn't allow ours into it.

The is no shop or restaurant on site and we had to drive about 30 minutes to the nearest shop but again this is fine.

There is some noise from the flights that pass over head but in general you can go to bed at 9pm and not a sound on the site - bliss

I would definitely stay here again as its the type of site we like - quite and stress free

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Niallsan 3 reviews from this member

We visited this site in September. The Satnav directed us through Crevcoeur en Brie which wasn't that narrow but the western approach would have been better, avoiding the village.

The gates are always closed, which is good, so on arrival and departure the passenger needs to open them!

The reception from the staff on arrival was exceptional. Firstly, she had an infectious smile. She made us feel so welcome. Spoke excellent English and showed us to our pitch which was probably the biggest on site?!? We told her that we were bringing the kids to Disney as a surprise so she said she wouldn't give us any brochures as most of them has Mickey all over them! She said to come back to reception later on which we did but that lady had finished for the day. To our great delight the next lady was equally helpful and fluent in English.

I honestly can't praise these 2 receptionists enough. It makes such a difference to the whole experience.

The campsite is vast. 199 pitches by my sons count! Really well maintained. Every pitch has electric and water, to my knowledge. All pitches looked flat and well laid out for ease of access.

The toilet/shower block is spotless. Loo roll provided at door! Minor gripe for the wet shavers amongst ye. Not able to plug the sinks:(

The pool was, like many have said, a bit chilly. Only my wife myself and my 6 and 8 year old son and daughter would take a dip. I think the depth was an added factor for the 10 and 4 year old boy and girl. No shallow end unfortunately. I would say 4 ft is the lowest it goes. A man did approach us the tell us to stop using a large inflatable ring as they weren't allowed. To be fair we did know this but we were the only people there and couldn't see the harm. We told a little porky saying it was for the kids learning to swim, which isn't entirely untrue! Anyway 10 mins later he totally redeemed himself by returning with 2 sets of inflatable armbands. Another notch on the 4 vents belt!

We got all the info re directions to Disney. Also directions to the train station where we met another really helpful ticket clerk, telling us the best/cheapest way to get to Paris. We got a 'Visite' ticket which was the best option for 2 adults and 4 kids.

Not sure if this is a good or bad point. The campsite is on one of the approach paths to Orly airport so lots of low flying aircraft to be seen! Handy if you are getting up early for Disney anyway!

There is a small shop in the village that stocks the basics. No fresh bread though and we got the last fresh milk! Nice bakery in the village also with fresh bread in morning and cakes. Yum! There is a small chocolate factory in the village, that only my wife could find! The man behind the counter seemed to be getting a little tense with my 4 kids upsetting his neat displays. Saw a few daggers being thrown. Nice chocolates though, def worth a visit.

No shop on site and we were there for the last day of the food trailer that is on site for the season. Spoke to an English couple who said it was expensive though. From what I recall 4 for a large bag o'frites!

The playground was good with swings large enough for adults. I hear;). If you like table tennis there are 3 tables in a big shed. Bring your ball and bats. A volley ball court. About 5 bouls courts (petanque). The site is flat and tarmac'd so ideal for kids on bikes, scooters, fickers, roller blades etc.

Overall I really liked this site and would definitely recommend it, particularly if visiting Disney.

Hats off to those receptionists though!

Thanks 4 Vents.

Reviewer: Jason082 2 reviews from this member

We stayed for 4 nights with 2 other families after spending 11 nights on the west coast.

On arriving we were met with friendly reception staff who spoke very good English.

The site is ideal location to visit Euro Disney and Paris. We spent a day at each and a day chilling out. The gate closes at 0100 so you are able to catch the fireworks at Disneyland and still get back on the site with your vehicle.

The pool basic and a little cold but the kids enjoyed the pool.

The toilets and showers were very clean and well kept.

There is a bread van in the morning and a food van/Bar in the evening. Only used this the first night and thought it was a bit steep, but nothing else close by.

The pitch sizes are big. We had 2 units on 1 pitch and a trailer tent on another pitch.

This is a brilliant site and wish we had spent a little bit longer at the site.

Reviewer: Lindsayr2403 2 reviews from this member

We found this campsite from this website. I'm a firm believer in reading other peoples' experiences and opinions and taking comments on board - as well as reading the campsite's own website.

We had previously camped in the North of France for the previous two years and having driven to Disneyland the previous year (for a day visit - yes, crazy!) I decided it was time to stay somewhere near Paris.

From the moment I booked online for this campsite - they couldn't have been more helpful.

As we had 3 kids and all our camping kit, by youngest and I travelled via Eurostar whilst hubby brought the car. The campsite were extremely helpful in providing me with taxi numbers to call when I arrived at the nearest station in TOURNAN. (Be warned - they DONT speak any english - and I'm pretty sure that once he realised I spoke French the cost of taxi fare was reigned in a little!)

So, we checked in and waited for my hubby. We paid for the stay when we checked in and the reception has LOTS of information about local activities (including the obvious Disney one). Once he arrived, we were taken to our pitch. WOW. It was on flat ground, and the grass was well kept (we later learnt that they whizz round with a mower in between departures and arrivals to keep it tidy). Hedges were on either side and at the back of the pitch - and with a Icarus 800, the extension, two windbreakers and a people carrier, we still had room to spare on the pitch. Electricity works the same as in the UK - no adaptors needed.

Pool is chilly, but in the heat when we were there, it was great!

THe snack bar was a little pricey and we only ate a meal there on the first night (as we were tired) - otherwise, it was quite handy to BBQ some burgers etc then send the kids up for some chips.

There was also some live entertainment on a few of the evenings as well - and they also sold ice-creams and had a bar - as long as you accept it's not going to be cheap and that you can take it or leave it, then its fine!

There are two sets of toilet blocks which were rarely busy - and a decent 'washing up' area.

It was the first holiday we were happy to let our 3 roam of an evening and the first time they've really 'hung out' with news friends - it was a big site - but felt safe. Lovely. Ours were 15, 11, 8.

We also made some good friends as well - which was nice.

The wifi zone becomes MOBBED with kids on iPods etc during the day - and especially in the evenings - as it's next to the bar!

We took a trip into Paris on the train - 34 for all of us for the french equivalent of a travel card - which was a really good deal. Trains and underground are easy to find your way about.

If you go into Paris over the first weekend in the month, all the museums are free (worth a visit ) and there are lots of free concerts around Paris as well.

We drove to the train stating in TOURNAN for our trip to Paris - and my shock after confirming that the parking was FREE clearly showed on my face, as the member of staff started laughing!

ADVICE?

Well, the local supermarket at TOURNAN gets you the Basics, but coloumiers is much better for the 'hypermarket' feel.

If you are going to disneyland - BUY YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE - the campsite sells them far cheaper than at the gate - but still - for a 3 day pass at the campsite, you could get an annual pass (and that gets you free parking instead of 15 per day!, money off in the cafe's and shops as well as being allowed in earlier than 'regulars').

Clubcard vouchers can be used for Paris river boat cruises -which I would recommend.

The eiffel tower queues are HUGE - not good with small kids

Montparnasse56 is a MASSIVE tower block - which has latched onto the tourism with fantastic panoramic views - and tickets can be bought using club card vouchers too.

Would I go again?

Ive already booked! 10 days in 2013, 13 in 2014 and I know there'll still be loads of new stuff to do/try !

Reviewer: MerlinMcguire 8 reviews from this member

Most points already covered, we loved this place, the most friendly staff in 5 years of caravanning, pool is cold but it is exceptionally clean, small kids need foam woggles to swim, inflatables not allowed and pool is quite deep. Morning baker vane xcellent, think they close end of August though. On site bar v expensive, 6 euros for s pint of lager, shame as otherwise we would have spent more time there. Great feel to the site and reception v helpful, get the mobilis day pass from tournan en brie for trip into Paris, this covers return trains and metro. Also parking for Disney much cheaper at Disney village, 1 Euro per hour opposed to 15 Euro flat rate, and nearer. You can't go wrong with this site.

Reviewer: RayC37 3 reviews from this member

This was our 3rd visit to the site and we weren't disappointed. The pitches are always extremely generous and the grass well tended and in good condition. As it was only a 2 night stop we didn't use the pool but did take advantage of the snack bar. We enjoyed the cooked chicken but thought the chips were expensive at 5. 50euro per large portion (barely enough for two people).

The site is very convenient for a short stop, as it is close to both the A4 and A5. Disneyland Paris and Vallee D'Europe are also key attractions. There are lots of families of different nationalities on site but the huge pitches mean that everyone has their own space and there is little disturbance.

I would recommend the site for long or short stays but it is particularly suited to families who want to visit Disney.

Previous     97 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Ile de France   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!