Visitor Reviews - Wick Caravan And Camping Site

Wick Caravan And Camping Site
Riverside Drive
Wick
Highlands   (Browse area)
KW1 5SP   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01955 605420

1m  1m  5m  1m  1m  5m  5m   1m  5m  10m  1m

Open: 17 April To 3 October

Reviews:  27 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Liane1948 11 reviews from this member

Had a brilliant stay here, loved it! We have a large Motorhome and the owner came and met us at the local Tesco and escorted us down a river road into the site. There is a sign on the other entrance asking you to telephone if you are a larger vehicle so do not attempt to go under the bridge!

Such a friendly site and beautifully looked after. Key pad entry to toilet/showers and always found them to be very clean and tidy indeed!

Pitches are large and level and plenty of room between.

You will not be disappointed with this one and we will definitely return.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Colstu 4 reviews from this member

Had an enforced stop in Wick due to my wife becoming seriously ill whilst we were touring the Highlands in our motorhome. My wife was admitted to Cathness General Hospital for 9 days and had wonderful care. The campsite was ideal for me and was within a 10 minute walk to the hospital along the side of the river. The site owners were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. They keep the site so clean and tidy and the facilities were spotless. Wick has everything you need and there is even a large CO-OP store nearby. It was such a pity that my wife couldn't enjoy this lovely campsite, but now she is recovering we will certainly visit again once she is well enough for us to continue our holiday to this beautiful area. My thanks again to the owners for looking after me, and to all the friendly people of Wick and the brilliant staff of the Highlands NHS. Colin

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: StylishCamper 1 review from this member

Just back from one of my regular visits to the site in Wick. Once again Wick Caravan and Camping Site lived up to its normal high standards. As the sun was shining it made the stay all the more enjoyable!

I've noticed from a previous review that a visitor had difficulty accessing the site.

I access the site from the alternative road as my vehicle is in excess of nine metres long and had no problems. Whilst on the site I viewed an American RV which also used this road, without any issues.

The wardens' have always advised me to approach the alternative access road from the round about to get the correct angle, so I hope this review will ease any concerns. On most occasions the wardens' escort first time visitors along the alternative access route. If in doubt phone them, they're a lovely bunch!

I can't wait for my next visit and keeping my fingers crossed the weather is still good!

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Borntenters 4 reviews from this member

We had a warm welcome to this site.

The site shop is small with just a few basics (it was September though so near the end of the season for him) but wick is only a 5 minute walk or so.

The site is quite large, well laid out & secluded.

The facilities, keycode entry system, are dated & the cubicles small but all clean & plenty of them.

There is a river just outside the site so we did suffer a midge attack the next morning.

We only stayed a night as we were touring but all in all this is not a bad site at all & for £10 per night for a six man tent, two adults & two dogs itís a bargain we think!

Would return.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Bendwg 10 reviews from this member

What a great site to find. Its very well maintained and looked immaculate when we arrived. The owners a very helpful and friendly.

We arrived with a view of staying one night but chose to stay for two which wasn't any problem. The site is reasonably priced and has everything you need. The showers are hot and free but as said by others a bit cramped for drying space.

Short walk into town along the river which is a nice walk and Wick has everything you would expect from a coastal town. There is a play ground on the walk for kids (1-2 mins from the site) and also plenty of space to let the dogs go for a run straight off the site.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Binwaitin 5 reviews from this member

As said a little hard to find the entrance to but the staff are very welcoming. The site is well kept and clean.

Pitches are a good size

Toilets are a little small and there is no where to change in private and if your pitch is near the trees, as ours was, there is lots of flies during the day and midges at night, so we had to keep our door shut but

Other than that is was a nice site.

Previous     27 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Highlands   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!