Visitor Reviews - Bay View Farm

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (East) > Site Reviews

Bay View Farm
St Martins
Looe
Cornwall (East)   (Browse area)
PL13 1NZ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  1m  5m  5m   10m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  47 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jharpers 1 review from this member

The site owner Mike is very friendly and welcoming. Site and facilities all clean and well kept despite Friday and Saturday being extremely busy. Very pet friendly. Beautiful view and we will definitely plan to return.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jamesfh 2 reviews from this member

This campsite has the most fantastic views of Looe. Now that's the positives done. I been caravaning and camping for over 20 yrs and visited some brilliant sites, sadly this isn't one of them. Campsite is miles from anywhere you will need a car wherever you go. Toilet and washing facilities are a plastic coated horse shed, literally. Uneven site some pitches are really sloping. No shop.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: SteveWain 2 reviews from this member

We booked what we thought was a pitch on this site in January of this year and paid as requested, a deposit. We arrived at 2pm and told to just go and find 'somewhere to put it then move it tomorrow if you want' Alarm bells immediately rang. I informed the employee of our booking and stupidly asked ' are we too late? Have we lost our pitch? ' to which we were informed. ' the campers just arrive. I can't stop them '. My van is 26 foot long. I couldn't get the back legs down because of the slope on the field he directed me to. He advised me to find some blocks to put the front legs on. ' there are some scattered about. '

The next morning, there were still not anything like level pieces of ground available, and had to wait until two tents were moved to let me out before I left the site.

I cannot comment on the toilet/ shower facilities, because I didn't use them.

The only constructive criticism I can offer is they should begin to use some organisational skills, introduce a basic level of customer service and determine what a caravan site is.

This is one of the worst caravan sites (?) I have had the pleasure of, considering what they charge, only to leave and go to one of the best I've been on for £1 a night more. Sorry.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Delabane 5 reviews from this member

Stayed at Bay View Farm for 6 nights with my wife and our 3 year old son in our Outwell Montana 6P. We arrived on Sunday 7th September in the afternoon, found a flat pitch in the 2nd field with plenty of space to setup.

There were only about 5 of so tents in the field when we arrived so did not feel crowded which was nice. The main field near the facilities was mostly used by caravans and camper vans. Had a perfect view of the sea and of Looe in the distance.

The facilities on site were clean and well maintained and we never had to queue for the showers or washing up facilities (although this might be different in peak times when I can see the site been more busy).

The site is in the middle of nowhere and you do have to go down country lanes to get to the site. I did not see any pubs or shops within walking distance but Looe is only 4 miles away and has a few Co-Ops. We did our main shopping however in Liskerd which is about 10 miles away.

Just outside the campsite there is a path which takes you down to Millendreath which has a beech and a cafe, its only 10 minutes walk but the path is very steep but well worth the walk.

There were horses kept on site which our son liked to see and feed. I think some children might get bored as there is no play ground or anything and our son is of the age he likes to climb everything. This was not such a problem as we were out most days.

We departed a day early on Saturday 13th of September, due to potential rain (which did not happen!) By this time the site had got busier but again did not feel too crowded.

This is a lovely site and was reasonably priced. Probably best for people wanting views, peace and quiet near the sea. Due to the lack of a play ground I would not go back with my son until he was older or developed an interest going into the sea (which he currently does not). If however you do have children and you are going out most of the time, this won't be a problem.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Chi chi 2 reviews from this member

I visited the site this year with my wife and 2 1/2 year old daughter. We stayed for 4 nights and didn't want to leave.

We picked a nice spot over looking the bay and the sunrise and sunset was totally worth the 4hr drive from London.

The toilets, showers was clean. Water was hot and free wifi was a great addition.

We took a stroll down to the beach which was about 15mins from the site.

Local fresh eggs was a treat, the scrambled eggs was delicious. Keep your eyes peeled when driving around.

I am planning on my trip next year already.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: SKhern 1 review from this member

The location of this site is exceptional in respect of the wonderful views over Looe Bay.

We were able to choose where we wanted to pitch the caravan which is a real bonus and not restricted to parking up in bays. No problem as the site was quiet but I would imagine could cause problems in high season.

I would not return to this site for a number of reasons:

The toilets and shower block were not kept clean at all. The blocks themselves are an old barn and there were cob webs and spiders, bird droppings etc.

I didn't see them being cleaned in the whole week we were there.

The access to the site is hazardous if towing a caravan. The lane is narrow and several passing places but would be impossible of you met another caravan. Why doesn't the owner insist that arrivals only after 12 md and departures before this time. We to up very early to leave to try to avoid meeting another caravan.

There are no facilities for children which is not an issue for us but could be an issue for families.

Walking is restricted unless you are very fit. The walk down to the nearest beach is very steep and it takes a good hour into Looe. The lanes to and from the site made walking elsewhere unsafe.

There are no shops or pubs in walking distance and no buses. If we had brought our motor home we would have been stranded or forced to use for getting about.

Previous     47 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cornwall (East)   -   Search for a site

Win a bundle of VARTA camping essentials worth over £100! Win a Festival Starter Pack, worth over £100!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 20th – 23rd August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival in East Yorkshire - PLUS exclusive 10% discount on tickets!