Visitor Reviews - Camping Les Epinettes

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > Europe > France > Picardy Nord-Pas-de-Calais > Site Reviews

Camping Les Epinettes
Impasse Du Mont Pinet
Peuplingues
Picardy Nord-Pas-de-Calais   (Browse area)
62231   See Map
Tel: 0033 321 852139
    Visit their website

Open: 01/04 To 01/11

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Kitchen Facilities   Freezer Available    Motorhome Point   Fully Serviced Pitches
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing <5 miles   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire   Golf   Tennis
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <5 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport

Reviews:  20 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Write your own Review to win a £150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Michael and Gill 1 review from this member

What a pretty site, clean and welcoming. A short easy drive from the tunnel and excellent for a night stop. We emailed the site a few days before and arrived at dusk (3 hour delay with the tunnel that day) to find our pitch with a reserved sign with our name on it. Will use again without hesitation. M and G.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Ina 23 reviews from this member

We've used this site for about 4 years now, all for 1 night on arrival in France and again on the last night before departure to the UK. There are a lot of statics/seasonal tourers, but plenty of touring pitches. It's only about 6 or 7 miles from the tunnel, so very convenient.

Some pitches are drive-through, so easy to get on and off again. Toiletblocks (2) are clean with paper provided, showers are 1 Euro and tokens are from reception. Reception is only open limited times, 9-930am and 6-6. 30pm. If on arrival it is closed, then you just pick any pitch and pay in the morning. Reserving a pitch would be recommended in peak season; I've reserved for the end of August just in case, but in the event the site wasn't full. Reservation can be done via the website, and doesn't cost anything. On arrival there will be a reserved sign on a pitch with your name on it.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: JCamping 7 reviews from this member

We have stayed here a number of times as it is a great site. We use this instead of staying at more expensive sites in Folkestone then having to wake early to catch the Eurotunnel. We've always reserved a pitch so we know where we're pitching if no one in the office. The facilities are always clean and the pitches good. You can order bread the night before and the shop sells some very nice local beer. The gates are always open so you can leave whenever if you need to catch an early train/ferry. The beach and village of Wissant are lovely and very nice cafes

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Patricia118 1 review from this member

I had stayed on this site several years ago and vaguely remembered where it was. However, I think the owner has changed since then. It used to be quite cheap for an overnight stay but this year I had to pay 15€ for one night for one person which I thought was quite expensive. The night before I had paid €8 for a more superior location. I had communicated by email with a lady and told her I was coming but did not see anyone when I arrived. Some English people in a caravan suggested where I might pitch and I found a good pitch with no need for blocks. I use my own facilities so I cannot comment on the condition on those on the site but everywhere was tidy and well kept. As no-one was about in the morning and I had to leave early for the train, I posted a euro cheque through their door letter box - very unusual and the first I have ever seen in France. When I visited years' ago they were open all year but their present website does not indicate this so I have just emailed to confirm that I can stay there in January. Lovely quiet site but could not see anywhere to eat as it is a very small village. The ratings below are very subjective as I did not even enter the facilities nor look at child friendliness.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Longtimecaravaner 25 reviews from this member

There is easy access at the end of a no through road and that ensures there is no road noise, although I was aware of a humming from some equipment somewhere but not enough to be a nuisance. The site is immaculately kept and the toilets were clean and with seats and paper. The site is divided into two with chalets on one side and tourers and tourers left permanently in situ on the other. Our pitch was a bit narrow but long enough that we didn't need to unhitch our 7. 5 metres van for our overnight stop. In June the site office was open from 9 to 9. 30 and 6 to 6. 30 in the evening so you just chose your pitch on arrival. I recommend this site for overnight to and from Calais and it would be good for a longer stay. It was E14 for the night for two people with electric and E1 token for a shower.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Shelleybobs 2 reviews from this member

We booked this site after finding it on ukcampsite. I emailed the owners well in advance asking if we could book for 3 nights and asking how much it would be for us with our caravan and 3 children. I received a very polite and extremely quick reply from the owner saying that was ok and giving information requested. I then replied asking how we paid a deposit and the reply (very quick again) was that there was no need, just to confirm booking closer to the time. So far so good on first impressions.

Confirmed booking about a month before travel myself and then the owner asked for a quick confirmation about 10 days before arrival.

The site was very easy to find and there were signs from the village directing us there. There is a nice little bakery in the village, can't comment on anything else as we didn't really explore the village. In fantastic close proximity to Euro Tunnel, a large Auchen, Buffalo Grill, Flunch, Cité L'Europe with its large Carrefour supermarket and other things. We had a lovely meal in the food court there albeit quite expensive. If you don't take the A16 to Cité L'Europe and go the road way, you can go over a bridge and watch where the Euro Tunnel goes in and out. We parked up and walked to the bridge, the kids (and us) found it amazing.

Back to the site. First impressions were great. A lovely quiet, well maintained site with permanent pitches and tourers. Also a tenting area. Although there were some tents on pitches too. I'm assuming it was the owner we were greeted by, a very friendly man who asked my name and immediately remembered the booking and directed us to our pitch that he had reserved for us. He said if we wanted to choose somewhere else it was fine but where he had reserved was great.

As we pitched we did find that the caravan did take some levelling up but I do think that we have been spoilt in our relatively short caravanning experience (2 years) with flat pitches ( Apart from caravanning on the hill at Chatsworth annually but that's another story). However. We didn't mind, we saw it as a learning experience. Pitch size was fine, plenty of room for everything needed.

Toilet and shower block was kept very clean throughout our stay and toilet rolls were filled up regularly. You have to pay for a hot shower in reception and get at token. I believe these are 1 Euro. I used our own shower so can't comment on them. Washing up facilities were ok too. Push button for hot water was a bit annoying but ho hum, you can't criticise the owners for that. I would probably do something like that if I owned a site to stop wasteful use of hot water and save money.

The children's playground was a nice touch, basic but nice. We were out and about quite a lot so the children didn't use it much.

Free wifi at the site but you really needed to be in or near the 'hut' to access it. This wasn't a problem at all!

The owner was forever keeping the site clean and tidy, cutting hedges, sweeping, cutting grass etc etc. It is very clear how proud he is of his site.

Epinettes is a little gem of a site and we will be returning next year all being well.

Price for Tourer and family of 5 was 20 Euro per night so just over £16.

Previous     20 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review to win a £150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Picardy Nord-Pas-de-Calais   -   Search for a site

Win an Outwell Barbecue Package worth £249 Win a Clarke IG2000B 1.8kW Suitcase Generator worth £299

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally 7th to 7th July, Derbyshire