Visitor Reviews - Gwynt Or Mor Camping Site C S

Gwynt Or Mor Camping Site C S
Llanaelhaearn
Caernarfon
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL54 5AD   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  5m  1m  5m  10m  5m  5m  10m   10m  10m  1m

Pitches: 5 vans plus 10 tents
Open: Open All Year Round

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept five caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting.

Reviews:

Date of Visit: December 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Garionallen24 3 reviews from this member

I booked a pitch here as it was a lot cheaper than the local hotels. I arrived and was greeted by the owner who was a very lovely person and I felt welcome straight away. It was raining but that didn't stop him from helping me set up my tent. We had a nice chat about all sorts and had a laugh as well.

Despite the weather being bad, I had a lovely time. Due to the extent of the rain, as I was the only person on the site (It was the middle of December by the way), I was allowed to use the spare caravan they had on site (a sort of 'emergency bedroom' if I recall. Cant quite remember to be honest). Anyway that was brilliant and I was really grateful to the owners for letting me have that for my stay.

I stayed in the caravan for the two remaining nights which was excellent, lovely and warm and very comfortable. Upon departure, I was greeted by the owner again who helped me again to take my tent down (again it was raining).

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the whole experience. The owners (a couple) are really nice and friendly and do make sure you are comfortable and satisfied. The location was excellent as I was near all my friends who I was visiting. The site itself is good with amazing views on a clear day.

I definitely will come again. Thank you both for a lovely stay and all the best for 2013. Nadolig Llawen a Blwydden Newydd Dda :)

Date of Visit: February 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bloomooning 4 reviews from this member

Fantastic campsite the owners are very friendly and obliging. Great views of the sea and mountain range. Very clean site, a couple of top local beaches. Would highly recommend this site. About 20 mins from carnarfon which is a great day out with plenty to do, also close to beddgelert and not too far away from Anglesey and Conway, which has a great castle to visit. Also plenty of shops supermarkets within close driving distance. Dog friendly as well. Overall a very pleasant campsite which we will visit again soon

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Dcunliffe 1 review from this member

A beautiful site with fantastic views of the Caernarvon bay and the surrounding countryside. The site is within easy reach of Pwllelli, Abersoch and Caernarvon and we found a drive around the Lleyn Peninsula very rewarding in terms of beautiful scenery.

The site owners Roy and Judith are the most wonderful hosts and make you feel very welcome right from the start. They are always available to offer assistance and advice and their hospitality was a major feature of our stay.

On the down side, there are no useful shops or pubs within walking distance of the site and, although the toilet shed is kept beautifully clean and spacious and has a wash basin the site would benefit from the inclusion of a shower.

Despite this our 3 night stay was very enjoyable and we would definitely return.

Date of Visit: July 2009 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Denise289 1 review from this member

Had a lovely week sunshine and showers but fairly well sheltered with wonderful views. Room for the kids to play when not too busy but a good sized footie field in the village and easy to get to too. Had a great breakie in the little cafe in the village and very friendly as well.
Dogs were there with other campers and had to be kept on leads which was good as my daughter not to good with dogs. The camp owners made sure the dog owners picked up after the dogs to keep the area nice for all.
Made friends within the site as it is a lovely spot and not to big. The facilities ok toilet with full sized basin for washing but no shower but swimming pool in nearby town so went swimming there and showered after.
Plenty to do in surrounding areas made welcome and to feel at home

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCampsite.co.uk Advent Calendar