Visitor Reviews - Manor Farm Camping

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Manor Farm Camping
Newton Abbot
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ12 4ST   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m 10m  5m  10m  10m   5m  10m

Pitches: up to 75
Open: May To September

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  No Motorhomes

Reviews:  18 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Claireatkinson691 1 review from this member

We had a great time staying here. The facilities are perfect for campers, shower and toilet block and a laundry. A small basic shop and a small play park for children Very welcoming and friendly owners which give you wood and a fire pit to borrow. Close to shops and amenities and surrounded by beautiful beaches just a short drive away.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Dafsaabi 6 reviews from this member

We have just returned from Manor Farm, our first camping holiday since the birth of daughter just over 3 years ago. Obviously much has changed in our lives since the last time we took a tent out and we didn't really know what to expect. As it turned out we couldn't have hoped for more forgiving and accommodating site managers. Dave and Diane were the epitome of friendly, informal and 'relaxed', like everyone's favourite uncle and aunt. They pootled about the site on their quad from time to time and, at the end of every day, checked in on everyone to answer any questions. Be advised though, they are not in the office/shop very often as it is a working farm. However, they are in no hurry to take your money (not that they want much- 14 to 18 per night depending on size of unit) and delivered logs punctually.

The campsite itself is superbly maintained. I felt like I was driving on the fairway of some super-posh golf club. There aren't many level areas to pitch on, which I could imagine would be a problem for some. The shower block/washing-up area is basic but somehow only helps underline the relaxed atmosphere without spoiling it. Free hot water (VERY hot in the wash basins, a gentle trickle under the shower), loo roll provided, and washing up done to the accompaniment of farmyard clucking and mooing.

The major pros for me were the amazing views- I knew we weren't going to be able to see the sea but I didn't realise that the view across to Dartmoor would more than compensate- and sitting around a fire every evening- that has now become a must for all future camping trips. Also, a short walk/drive away finds you at the top of a hill looking down onto Torquay and the local amenities. You go from the land that time forgot to modern 'civilisation' in a couple of hundred yards.

The only real complaint I could possibly come up with would be with the children's play area. The climbing frame seemed less than sturdy and I wasn't too keen on all the thistles and stinging nettles. This is a minor gripe though as no responsible parent will let their children run amok in a communal playground unsupervised.

If we find ourselves in the area again we will definitely visit, even if just to say hi.

Reviewer: Hvr7 1 review from this member

I camped here on 11. 08. 14 for a week with my family, and I must say I will definitely be going back. Such a lovely quite and reasonably priced campsite! Owners are so friendly and helpful, they charged my phone for me every morning. There is a little shop on the site which offers essentials like milk, tea bags and sweets for the children. The toilet/shower block was clean an basic, showers were always lovely with a perfect temperature, there are sockets for hair dryer etc. Behind the toilet block are sinks where you can do your washing up an a laundry room just round the side, although we never used them there are brick BBQ's behind the toilet block which I think is a lovely thought. At the bottom of the site there is a lovely little playground, which my daughter loved. We were never short of things to do or places to see as the campsite is situated a good distance from beaches, towns and places to explore. I would recommend this campsite for anyone who is willing to leave technology behind and have a fantastic family holiday.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Roseability 1 review from this member

We are going back again this year. There is a shop here which is handy. The showers and loos are fine. It's a pretty place and good for walks. The owners are very helpful and friendly. When we were there they opened the big barn. Apparently they don't do this often. But really they should. The children loved it. My only complaint was that a week into our holiday, a big group of men landed near to us and they were very very noisy and swearing a lot all day and well past midnight. I was surprised that the owner didn't say anything to make them be quiet. Thankfully they were only there two days. We were preparing to leave because of them.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Babycamping 1 review from this member

Can't recommend this site highly enough. If you like your sites relaxed, rustic and real, , proper campsites (not that glamping variety) then this is it. Wonderful views, relaxed friendly atmosphere and functional no frills shower, laundry and BBQ facilities. This site is situated on a Devonshire farm and has that authentic farmland feel. It came highly recommended by locals too. Great value for money, and the rates don't take the mick. We have a little one, and the owners went far out of their way to help us, and make sure we had a lovely time; which we did.

Well worth a visit and we will be returning again and again and again.

Reviewer: Fuggle 3 reviews from this member

We have been here twice to visit family nearby. The site is very basic, there is no electric but the toilet facilities & shower block are clean & have a steady hot water supply & are free to use. There are washing up & laundry facilities too. The reception has freezer blocks & sells essentials for the adults (& penny sweets for the little ones!) there is also a children's playground. It's a lovely setting, surrounded by a small freshwater stream, set in a valley with cows (noisy ones - especially in the morning) & horses in surrounding fields, plus buzzards flying overhead and on clear nights it's a wonderful spot to star gaze. Daccombe is a very small & pretty village, it has no supermarket or pub, but you can buy fresh eggs up the road.

The site isn't flat by any means, especially towards the bottom end, but the welcome is warm, very laid back (pitch where you want, raised fire pits are allowed) & I highly recommend it. We won't be staying anywhere else when we visit Torquay.

Previous     18 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!