Visitor Reviews - Rcn Le Moulin De La Pique

Rcn Le Moulin De La Pique
Belves
Dordogne
Aquitaine   (Browse area)
24170   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 0033 553 290 115

1m   5m

Open: April To October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Glamping

Reviews:

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cheryl.mark 80 reviews from this member

Just spent 10 nights on this site. This site is mainly Dutch, we travelled with three other families and we were the only English on site. This wasn't a problem as they were friendly and made us feel welcome. I booked the three pitches before Xmas last year and informed the site that we all had large twin axles, our pitch was one of the smallest on the site and we would not have been able to fit an awning, when I asked if we could move I was told that the best pitches are booked up at least a year in advance and there's no chance! We were close to the facilities which was ideal but the pitches weren't the best iv seen. The pool area was great for kids with slides, some of it I felt needed upgrading and looked tired, the pool that you walked through to clean your feet was filthy and blocked all the time and there was a dirty tide mark around the main pool which was off putting, my hubby ended up with an ear infection and I got a veruka! The setting of the site was lovely and play area good, it is a small site. The toilets were clean and lots going on for children. Belves was lovely but after driving around the Dorodgne area I felt this site wasn't in the best location as the river was several kms away and the area wasn't as pretty as Sarlat and Beynac/Vitrac which were stunning. We all had a fab time at the site, I wouldn't personally return as I felt there were better sites available and this was also very expensive at over 50euros a night, especially with the size of the pitch we were given, some were huge and they paid the same so I felt miffed at this.

Date of Visit: June 2005 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Johnnyhamster 8 reviews from this member

Nicest site I've been to and would return although I like to visit new places.
We visited in 2004, rented a mobile from the site direct. Mainly Dutch campers with a handful of Brits and Belgians, there were a few Eurocamp pitches and a few statics along the back of the site. Big meadow to the left with a stream running through, loads of frogs. Old mill buildings with lots of running water, mossy walls , Lizards etc. and a sort of canal to the right, plus a smallish lake which you can fish or boat in ( small inflatables ). Great pool complex, looking at the RCN website they seem to have added another pool and possibly expanded the site a bit. Very friendly and clean, restaurant not brilliant although they did a very good DIY BBQ when we were there. Very modern facilities, good play equipment. There's a big sand pit where children can dig for fossils, although it was too hot to even stand in the sand when we were there.
Hill town of Belves about a mile away for shops etc., Dordogne river about five miles along the road, ditto supermarket. Lovely landscape, back road to Domme is a great drive in the evening. There's a main road and railway run close to the site but the road is pretty quiet and I don't recall seeing or hearing a single train.
Hope this is of some help - I can recommend the RCN sites, having stayed at the Belves, Castellane and Le Muy - at Castellane we were the only British on site. Not cheap, though at over £30 a night peak season for a pitch - top quality sites though.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Aquitaine   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers