Visitor Reviews - Castel Camping Le Brevedent

Castel Camping Le Brevedent
Chateau Du Brevedent
Le Brevedent
Normandy   (Browse area)
14130   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 0033 2 31 64 72 88

10m  10m  10m   1m

Open: April To September

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  76 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Pythonterry 4 reviews from this member

Another excellent stay, this year we choose the end of year music festival, wow what a delight musicians from around Europe that have stayed at the site during the year all got together for the Friday jam and Saturday was the various bands on the line up.

The manager and staff were all very helpful and a pleasure to deal with, the fishing was good but the lake could do with being deeper but did not detract from the good fighting fish.

Toilets were good and adequate, the chateu is being refurbished and has now got a baby room open 24/7 for the family to prepare the little ones food whilst the older ones play outside the cafe on the bouncy castle etc.

Very easy access to various places ie Monets gardens (66 miles away), and the Normandy D-Day sites, including Pegasus bridge.

Have booked to return again next year

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ogilmartin 2 reviews from this member

Just returned from 7 days at Le Brevedent and can safely say that this is one of the best all round sites that I have stayed at for a long time !

We travelled as a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 boys of 7 and 4)

We stayed here before travelling to a poor site in on the south west coast and enjoyed it so much that we returned early on the home leg and further extended our stay by three days.

The location is great, nicely tucked away but in easy reach of all the must see places - supermarkets/shops and petrol stations 10 minutes away by car

The staff all speak perfect English and nothing is too much trouble, even towards the end of the season they were all warm welcoming and friendly

I found the prices to be reasonable both for the stay, the bar and the restaurant.

The vast majority of the campers were British and I understand that the family that owns the site specifically target the British market and have done so for many years

There are ample facilities placed around the site and they are all reasonably good, there are three shower blocks, one dating back to the 70's and two considerably more modern (one of these has a number of family cubicles which are spacious and practical)

I found that there was plenty of hot water, but as with anywhere if you insist in using the facilities during rush hour don't be suprised if the hot water is limited - that is just basics really !

The facilities are cleaned to a high standard throughout the day (and night)

The pool is great, heated (just about !) and very clean

The shop, cafe and restaurant all provide a great service and quality food

The Chateaux is really accessible and whilst the family that run the site live on the top floor, the ground floor is used as an evening bar, pool room and music room

Friday and Sunday nights are a real bonus as the owner and his motley crew of artisan friends play and sing the night away - great entertainment and highly recommended

The play areas (including a football pitch), lake and animal 'hotels' down by the stream are great places for kids to enjoy, explore and let off some steam

The plots are well laid out, it's an easy going site so you feel like there is plenty of space and not massively overcrowded

All in all I would say this is an exceptionally well presented, laid back campsite owned and run by an artisan family - I can't recommend it enough and it is a must for families and the more easy going camper !

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: N.romeo@talk21 1 review from this member

Just spent an incredible 14 nights here again. The weather was perfect. I don't notice any changes from my previous reviews, there has usually been some improvement made to the site however this year I couldn't see any new improvements at all. I was told that they had possibly spent it on the Chateau as it is quite crumbly.

Warm croissants and bread every day but if you love pain au raisin (as I do) they don't have them on a Monday because they use a different baker.

My only complaints as previous reviews have said 1. The water in the showers was way to cool; it was far to cold for my sister in law who 'yomped' up to the newer block every morning. Even the water in the children's bathroom was cool because I tried it just to see if it was any warmer. My husband used to walk up to the pot washing section in the evening to wash the griddle and every night the water was stone cold. 2. A hand drier would be so useful, you used to see everyone doing the 'Le Brevedent Shake' with their hands as they walked back from the loo.

The lake is still (and I presume always will be) unfenced, the canoes were well used and most people were considerate of the fishermen's floats and lines. There is still a problem of coming back from a trip out and finding someone sitting on your pitch fishing. I wouldn't mind if they asked but it is very disconcerting sitting eating with a stranger fishing at the side of you. I wouldn't go and sit on someone's pitch to read my book; I paid good money for my little bit of heaven.

The staff as always were so helpful, we broke down en route and on the campsite and needed to be towed to a garage. Raphael let us phone the UK and even spoke to the mechanic to explain we needed out car because our son is disabled.

Most evenings the site was quiet by 11pm except for a couple of nights when some English lads decided to make wolf howling noises which echoed around the camp and woke the children up on the pitch near to us. I assume they were spoken to because it didn't happen again.

Not going to mention all the things to do in the area because that the spoils the fun of your own exploring but Honfleur is well worth a visit and Pegasus Bridge with lunch afterwards at Le 3 Planeurs.

Reviewer: Artyk 2 reviews from this member

My wife and I have just returned after spending 5 super days on this site. The site staff were really helpful and very polite which in turn set a very relaxed atmosphere throughout the site.

We were on a pitch to the left of the Chateau (as you look at it) just down some concrete steps. Even though it was the height of the season and there were loads of children around of all ages, our end of the site was relatively quiet except for one night when there was a lot of screaming and yelling going on until after 23:30 from one of the play areas.

Our pitch was level and plenty big enough for us with a family tent, annex and room for our car and trailer. The electricity was man enough to run 2 fridges, a kettle and when needed a light and fan heater.

The shower facilities at our end were a little basic too and in need of attention. Cracked and broken tiles needed replacing. None of the shower units I used had enough pegs or facilities to hang up your clothes, towel & wash bag. Some of the lights didn't work and none of the 3 shower blocks had any facilities to dry your hands after washing them.

The site has all the vital facilities with a shop, bar, restaurant and internet cafe (Wi-Fi) and loads to do for kids and adults alike and the lake is a great asset for fishing, canoeing or just watching the wild life.

The local area is simply beautiful and all the locals very friendly. Blangy-le-Château is a lovely little village which has a bar (great for sitting watching the world go by) a bakery which makes bread, croissants and cakes to die for and there is also a butcher for all the bbq meat you will need. Oh. I nearly forgot, there is also a hair dresser which my wife used and said the owner was delightful.

Honfleur is only 30 minutes away and well worth a visit. With the Normany landing beaches only a little further on.

All-in-all we had a really enjoyable time at Le Brevedent but think the site needs a little more work - especially in the shower blocks, to justify it's 4-star rating. For friendliness however it gets 10/10 from me.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sebasteeno 6 reviews from this member

Been back a couple of months now and thought id share my thoughts on this site in Normandy which is situated about half an hour south of Le Havre and a great base for D-Day beaches and Caen, Le Havre, Liseaux and lots of nice villages inc Honfleur, a lovely little town with a nice marina with lots of nice restaurants around it.

We stayed here for 12 nights from the beginning of August 2013 and its a really nice laid back place in a lovely rural location but with everything close enough should you need a big shop. The site itself is fairly well laid out though pitches are quite tight especially when you've got a caravan on one which we did. We had requested a lakeside pitch and got one on the opposite side of the lake which was great as it meant we had a great view of the chateau and got the late night sun and it was also fairly quiet in this part of the park too.

Entertainment was very low key with the owners band playing some typically French style music on a Friday and Tuesday evenings but you are invited to bring your instruments and play along with them or do your own music, something my wife did as shes a singer. Food wise there is a restaurant open every night which sells pizzas (which you can get to take away) and a small bar in the chateau as well as a little bar/bistro open during the day which also offered free wifi 24 hours a day which was useful as the mobile signal is pretty bad here.

For the kids there's a couple of play areas which are pretty good plus a bouncy castle in front of the main house and you can canoe on the lake too.

Overall id say its a nice little site which we'd only maybe stayed six nights and done somewhere else as well as its a little too quiet for us over a longish stay. Id also add that France has got very expensive since our last visit three years ago, in fact id say in some cases prices had doubled in three years which was a bit of a shock.

Reviewer: Mandml 3 reviews from this member

We spent a week here, we had a horrendous storm, and also some sun. We really loved this site, our kids loved it, the little laid back kids club, swimming pool and play areas. As parents we managed to relax and enjoy watching our kids whilst having a drink or a meal in the restuarant.

We were really surprised with all the previous reviews, a huge topic were the toilet/ shower facilities, that the were tired etc. ( we had no issues ) and nobody mentioned the music that is provided by the wonderful staff/owners. We had the most fantastic night in the lovely old chateau listening to great music and watching guests joining in with the jamming sessions! It was brilliant.

This is a great campsite with great staff, we would return just to experience the music in such great surroundings!

Previous     76 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Normandy   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth £467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!