Visitor Reviews - Thirlestane Castle Park

Thirlestane Castle Park
Thirlestane Castle
Lauder
Berwickshire   (Browse area)
TD2 6RU   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 1m   1m

Open: April To October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  18 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
Win £100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mothergriff 4 reviews from this member

Just returned from this site, Can't speak highly enough. Lovely peaceful and spotless site. Lots of free hot water in the very clean showers and toilets. The owner couldn't have been more accommodating unfortunately we didn't have the pleasure of meeting Leslie and Scott (the manager's ) but those who have could not be more complementary. There is a lovely playpark for the kids and woods to explore also a river for flyfishing at £5 a day. No on site shop but not a big deal as local shops five minutes away. The Castle is well worth a visit and the guides are very knowledgeable, there's a tea shop with a small gift area. Lauder is a very small but friendly town (so be prepared to say hello) with a few shops butchers, bakery, post office and a co-op to name a few. The Blackburn pub does a very good Sunday roast and is very reasonably priced, there also other eateries which we didn't have the time to use but others again spoke highly of them. Looking to book next visit soon

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: FraseAKSLM 1 review from this member

After many years of touring, this year was the first time we have plumped for a seasonal pitch.

What can I say, the site is not too big and is friendly and clean (the fact that the toilets are old doesn't bother me - cleanliness is the important thing).

There are plenty of bin and water points and the grey waste isnt a million miles away either (I read they were in previous reviews)!

Since we arrived at the beginning of the season there is a new play area which my 3 think is awesome.

Scott and Lesley are lovely - couldn't ask for more.

There are loads of walks straight from the site.

Overall it is a relaxing place to visit where the kids don't even miss the TV!

Date of Visit: April 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jackadoo 6 reviews from this member

Time for an update. It's only fair that I do so.

I stand by a pretty scathing review back in August 2013 and didn't go back to the site until August 2015. The welcome was frigid to say the least as 'they' knew what I'd written.

However, I returned for my first trip of the season for the Easter weekend. What an absolute pleasure. The new site managers are what this place sorely needed. They are up to speed with social media, take an interest in the local community and in the few weeks Scott and Lesley have been on site, have increased visitor numbers significantly. It really is such a massive difference and I'd recommend anyone going to stay there. Sure, there's a few upgrades needed, but personally I'm not really too bothered. Increased visitor number will mean this happens quicker. Congratulations folks!

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: NelehJ 2 reviews from this member

We have just spent 9 days here, 2 adults and a 6yr old. Upon arrival we were greeted by lovely wardens who were very helpful.

We were shown to a pitch but when we asked to move to a different spot (nearer to toilet block) we were happily accommodated.

It is half statics and half tourers with room for a few tents. It is an extremely quiet site which we loved the peach and quiet. Alot of the vans are seasonal and so during the week even quieter.

The facilities are clean and tidy with plenty of free hot water.

I was dubious about booking here after reading other reviews but I am glad we ignored them. You can walk into Lauder in 10mins and there are basic shops.

If we were in the area again I would not hesitate to stay here again. Very peaceful and relaxing break.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JMGMB1 1 review from this member

Stayed for the first time at Thirlestane Castle for a few days as we were attending an event near Lauder. A very quiet camp site within walking distance to Lauder, which was partly why we booked this site. We were greeted on arrival, and after a long discussion we were shown to our pitch. We did get the feeling we had been put as far away as possible as we had a van, which had they been aware of prior to booking, I don't think we would have been accommodated.

Clean and tidy site, toilet block also clean, although a bit dated, very small shower area, no power points for hairdryer. Its also a long way to empty grey water. I know this is not a big issue however am just comparing this with other sites visited.

In summary a well located basic site great for touring, within walking distance to Lauder, people in Lauder were all very friendly and helpful. If visiting the area again, sadly this would not be my first choice.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: RobertGilchrist 3 reviews from this member

Read some reviews before I came here, some people were moaning for absolutely no reason what so ever, the shower block was cold moan moan, the gates are locked at 11pm moan moan, and my feet got wet from the grass moan moan, oh and the best one the warden was talking to loud??? I suggest these moaners book in to a 5 star hotel and sell there caravans. We were greeted with a happy smile and got our van sited where we wanted and help to level our van with the warden fetching us planks of wood to help level us up, we asked about tv were told signal not very good, so I suggested I'd use my satellite and was told which direction to point it. Had it picking up great signal in seconds, the site is lovely, the town is lovely and the food in the pub was lovely, the warden was a very helpful man and nothing was a problem. So Moaners, YOUR AT A CAMP SITE IN A CARAVAN! Great site I will be back. Oh I forgot me and my wife are very fussy people.

Previous     18 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Berwickshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Festival Starter Package Win a BioLite CampStove and USB Charger!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival, East Yorkshire - 18th to 21st August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival and an amazing fun weekend for all the family. Find out more, claim 10% discount or win tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016