Visitor Reviews - Haughton House Holiday Park

Haughton House Holiday Park
Montgarrie Road
Alford
Aberdeenshire   (Browse area)
AB33 8NA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01975 562107

1m  1m 1m   1m  1m

Open: 25th March To October 27th

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  36 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Tyahappy 4 reviews from this member

We booked the Don Caravan for 6 of us and I have to say that the customer service from booking to leaving was amazing! Never have I been actually shown to my caravan never mind given a tour round it and shown how to work everything from TV/DVD to the Heating.

We were all impressed including my Mother which is no mean feat. The caravan was immaculate and everything was included even a washing up pack. The beds were so beautifully made up that we took pictures, none of the just throw on a quilt cover. We had a problem with a blocked toilet halfway through the week. We told reception early in the morning as we were going for a day trip and it was as good as new when we got back, it had been raining extremely hard through the night and some of the drains on site couldn't cope.

Alford itself is a lovely wee village and the Transport Museum and Heritage centre are well worth a visit. There are several corner shops all within walking distance as the Park itself does not have a shop. There is also a medium sized CO-OP about 10 mins walk away which we did most of our shopping at.

There are two Large swing parks that are good for younger children and the park itself has some lovely woodland walks.

We usually camp with a tent so we checked out the toilet block while there and the showers were great, good pressure and hot water. Talked to a few campers and they had no complaints with them. We have picked our pitch number for when we go back as the friendly welcome and customer service were great and the area is great for a base to explore the surrounding towns and Cairngorm National Park.

Reviewer: Kjv23 1 review from this member

Very welcoming and friendly staff on arrival and throughout stay. Tents pitched in large walled garden which provides good shelter and is large enough to give plenty space between tents. Ground is very level and well drained. Toilet block a little dated but spotlessly clean and plenty of hot water. Push button showers with good strong volume! Entire site kept very neat and tidy. Will definitely be back.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Oldone646 1 review from this member

This was the first time I visited this site. Which was highly recommended to me by my son. I found it deserved the recommendation he gave me. I found the staff to be very helpful when I arrived. The site was nicely laid out and the toilets were clean and tidy. I will certainly visit this site again in the future and would recommend it to any one. As I was only there for the one night, I cannot comment to much about this site

Reviewer: Gingerkat 1 review from this member

Although we only stayed for one night it was one of the best nights camping we've ever had. Beautiful site and tents in a walled garden. Plenty of space between tents and lovely helpful staff for whatever questions or queries you had. We took our little dog and it was super to have so many walks and areas to take her too. The kids were kept happy with the playground equipment and plenty space for them to play tennis. Toilet and shower facilities were clean, tidy and hot water a plenty. We will definitely be back and very soon. Hopefully for a little longer next time. All in all well done Haughton House. It was a pleasure to camp with you.

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: DumpyDolly 1 review from this member

Just back from a 2 night stay at Haughton and had a fabby time. I've been going to this site with friends, regularly, for about 10 years but the cleanliness of the toilets last year were really bad so only went once, but this weekend - back on form and things were brilliant! The toilets and shower facilities were soooo clean, they really have had a total deep clean and are also cleaned daily. There is now a free hairdryer. Clean cloths available at each sink so guests can also clean up after themselves to help.

The park itself is also so tidy and clean, I can see some changes. The park is in a great location, 15 min walk into Alford with all the village facilities, forest walks, the river, great kids play area all on site. It wasn't busy, we were the only campers, a few tourers and the statics, which is a shame as I remember the days of rounders and games in the walled garden and the making of new friends. Hopefully now that under new management it will get busier again.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this site and cant wait till we return. The owners are excellent, so friendly and made us feel so welcome. Thank you both, gold stars all round!

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: N9yvo 3 reviews from this member

We have stayed here several times both in the tent and caravan. The kids love it as there is lots for them to do-as long as the weather is good!

Not much for the kids if its wet, although the village has a swimming pool. No shop on site and its about a 20 minute walk from the village which has a range of shops.

The pitches are spacious. Toilets are basic but have everything you need and are cleaned daily.

Showers are free but with those push buttons which are a bit annoying, however there is always lots of hot water.

The site itself is large and has lots of woodland walks.

Previous     36 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Aberdeenshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!