We've stopped off here for 2 consecutive years on our annual camping trip, this time we only intended to stay for 3 nights but found it so friendly, here we are 6 nights later, amenities are always clean, water always hot, pond well stocked with carp, the British owners, 2 couples Martin and Helen & Steve and Mandy are always more than willing to sort Amy problems, give advice or just stop and chat. Fabulous for families in the summer and great for couples wanting a quiet relaxing break come September, for those less intrepid sorts there's even rental accommodation from yherts to cabins.
We stayed at the campsite for two wks this year in August. I think the website does not really do the camp site justice, as it is absolutely fantastic! These are the things that we liked (my 5 and 3 year old, partner, and myself):
1. Two very good sized swimming pools (the toddler one is ideal as it is quite shallow so they can take their armbands off)
2. Yummy pizzas, which can be delivered to your tent!
3. Very large play area, there is actually room for a volleyball match on top of all the toddler-y type stuff like swings, climbing frame etc.
4. My five year old loved the crazy golf
5. Shop, and you can order bread, croissant etc. Daily, including Sundays
6. Proper hot water showers, at any time! And loos and showers always clean
7. Large pitches, very generous
8. Approved by Camping and Caravanning Club (I think)
9. Very friendly (English) owners
10. Over 250 species of tree on the site, it was so beautiful
11. Beautiful surrounding area. We love the outdoors, so it was ideal for cycling, (easy and more demanding stuff), walking etc. We also spotted quite a few rare looking birds
12. Lovely climate - we had very warm, sunny weather for the majority of our stay
13. It wasn't completely rammed.
14. Places of historical interest close by, eg Mont Beuvray, a Roman Archaeological site. Also Vezelay is well worth a visit, a kind of poet and artists' community, slightly touristy but not tacky.
True, for those with teenagers who want entertainment, or those who like a lot of 'Attractions', (eg theme parks, shopping etc. )perhaps this site might not appeal. But we absolutely loved it!
Manior De Bezolle is a well maintained campsite in a beautiful area of France. The facilities are very good and we especially like the fact that hot water in the shower is always available without having to keep re-pushing a button or dropping 20p into a slot.
All the pitches were of a great size and easily accommodated our large tent. The reception kept us informed of local events and places to visit, although I would suggest that if you don't like driving far on your holiday then most of these will be beyond your area of interest.
Having said that, Morvan is a beautiful area and worth the time to explore. Vezelay is a wonderful little village and a bit further away on the Loire wine route is Sancerre, again a very charming place.
There are 2 lakes close by that cater to all wishes. One has plenty to keep you busy, such as pedelos and ice creams! The other is less commercial and is an ideal place to take a picnic and do some walking.
In summary, Manoir de Bezolle is a lovely campsite in a pretty region, my only slight concern is whether the site would be the peaceful, clean and relaxing place it was if all the pitches were full during the holidays. In particular, the shower block ratio would be a concern to us.
What a fantastic camp site! In the middle of nowhere but beautiful rolling countryside- heaven! All facilities are superb as are the friendly helpful English owners who couldn't be more accommodating.The pool looked fantastic (though I didn't venture in!) Nice small shop. The restaurant looked lovely but I visited in a quiet season so it was closed but they would have opened it if I had wanted to eat! I bet that this is one heck of a site in summer. The pool complex and children's play area were spotless. The views, the walks, the countryside the campsite=perfect! A typical 4 star Les Castels campsite- I will be back!
Now run by English people this site, although typically French, is an ideal one for novices on the continent. The toilets are excellent and there are plenty of them. The pool appears to be very good although the weather made it a no, no during our short visit. We did not use the restaurant but it also looked good and the bar was quite popular.
Motorhomes need to use leveling blocks on a lot of the pitches and due to quite steep access roads the freely offered assistance on and of the pitches may be advisable in inclement weather. One tip is to keep hold of the pitch location map as some of the water taps are quite well hidden behind the electricity points.
The location and views are first class but the on site shop is necessary as it is quite a long way to the nearest town / village.
This is a first class site if you like to spend a lot of your holiday just relaxing on the site or driving / cycling around the area. I did get the impression that teenagers might find more that a week too much.
Submit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win a caravan towing course or motorhome manoeuvring course worth up to £145, or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of The Caravan Club. Join the Club for just £44 per year to enjoy access to a great range of caravan sites, benefits and special offers.
If you've visited this site, then please submit a review for a chance to win.
All reviews and comments are the personal opinion of the review author only , and as such do not represent the view of the UK Camp Site.co.uk.
The facilities shown on this website are a guide only, and you should check with the campsite direct before making any booking. The UKCampsite.co.uk will not be held responsible for any errors or omissions