Visitor Reviews - Yelloh! Village La Plage

Yelloh! Village La Plage
241 Hent Maner Ar Ster
Penmarch
Brittany   (Browse area)
29760   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 00 33 2 98 58 61 90

1m  5m   5m  1m

Pitches: 110 touring
Open: April To September

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Glamping

Reviews:

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: How2 5 reviews from this member

Ok, so not real camping! Taking a year off and what a good choice of site to have used. We are a family of 4, our children are 9and 11. Staying in a 6 berth mobile home.

Reception: helpful and informative. Lots of local information. Our static was ready despite our early arrival and when our daughter was ill on the last few days of our holiday they were happy to let us delay the departure from the home on our last day.

The home was clean on arrival and very well equipped. Dishwasher, coffee maker, gas hob, kettle, microwave. Plenty of pans, cutlery and plates etc. The only negative here was that the crockery wasn't microwave safe so quite a few of the plates and cups had hairline cracks, but as there enough of everything for 6+ people it was ok. 2*twin rooms and a double. A patio area with plastic table chairs, large parasol and BBQ.

The home came with bed linen and towels which were laundrette quality clean and were adequate but not an item I would pay for if they hadn't been included.

The campsite takeaway was expensive with McDonald's style chip cartons €2. 50, again not something we'd usually use but we bought chips for the children one evening.

We ate in the restaurant on one evening, we had an enjoyable meal with sufficient choice for ourselves and the children, whilst not cheap it was not overly expensive moules frite was the same price as local restaurants.

The pool complex was clean and when on the hottest days was busy it wasn't too overcrowded. The pool with a sliding roof was useful on the cooler wet day. There are 3 slides, adequate for my 2 but not white knuckle!

There is a crazy golf €1 per hire of clubs, tennis €5 per hour (overpriced in my opinion) and free table tennis tables, gokart hire €5-8

There was a holiday club included but my children didn't take part for no reason other than they get up too late and are more than happy to go to the pool/beach/sightseeing. They did take pArt in a 'mousse party' which was a huge bubble machine with pop music on the terrace of the bar, this they enjoyed.

The site had direct access to a sandy beach. Fantastic. It proved popular and got very busy on the sunniest/hottest days, it was a bit like sardines in a tin on a couple of days, but our neighbours handed around their snacks in the afternoon which was a friendly gesture, I could see some of our fellow Brits rolling their eyes when other families were a little close, but it didn't worry us.

The site had evening entertainment we went to see a band and magician more on request of the children. They enjoyed. All entertainment was in French which I have no issue with, it is a French campsite, but I know some British visitors expect everything to be in our native tongue. The entertainment did prove to be noisy on what seemed like alternate nights, until 11. 30 - midnight but having booked late and so not having a choice of home it's not something I would complain about, on most evenings we were up late anyway playing card games in the home. My daughter did say it kept her awake on 2 nights. But not for long.

The site had a small shop I thought was expensive other than cd bread which was reasonable, and the children liked buying pick-n-mix.

A fish man visited the site 3 evenings, with a good selection of fish which was only a little more expensive than the local supermarkets of which there are a number within a 10 minute drive of the site. A small night market came on Friday evening. Hair braiding and jewellery, sweets, small clothes stall.

There are good cycle paths along the coast which are away from the roads and safe.

I peeped at the toilet blocks and as a camper they weren't the cleanest I've seen, mainly sand and probably unsupervised children using them. It looked to me that they were cleaned once a day, a site with the no of campers using them needed more frequent cleaning. A tour of the site showed good size pitches and I would return to camp.

The dropped marks I've given are more because we didn't use the facilities rather than a negative. I would return and would cAmp or rent a home again.

Date of Visit: May 2007 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Jim+kate 7 reviews from this member

Stayed at this site after 10 days of mainly wet and windy weather and were really looking forward to staying in a static. On arrival the site looked well presented and tidy. However, we were staying with Eurocamp on a Sun holiday and they were disorganized as the van was not ready for another hour after booking in time and then was not clean.

The site itself was well looked after and clean and right on the beach which was great! The touring pitches looked good and I checked out the showers etc which were also clean. The area was nice and you could walk into the town along the beach. The pool area was clean and tidy. The bar was reasonable and staff friendly.

I would go back again but out of season as I imagine it gets very busy but I would never stop with Eurocamp again!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Brittany   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers