Visitor Reviews - Stonehaugh Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > Northumberland > Site Reviews

Stonehaugh Campsite
The Old Farmhouse
Northumberland   (Browse area)
NE48 3BU   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

10m  1m  10m 10m   10m

Open: March To September

Reviews:  14 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Rshwils 1 review from this member

Had a wonderful camping trip here over the Bank Holiday weekend. Lovely remote site which was not crowded and had plenty of space to pitch. Nice walks on the doorstep but nothing nearby in terms of shops or pubs - bliss if you want to get away from it all. Ideal for watching the Dark Skies of Northumberland. There is no playground for children. The toilet block was clean and hot water plentiful. There are limited electric hookups. Would not hesitate to recommend to anyone who wants a straightforward camping experience on a well maintained site.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tony hardy 2 reviews from this member

I love this place. I've been a few times with my son but this time I took the wife n daughte 2. We didn't go on hikes this time coz of the girls but we had a bbq n played games on the big field b4 the saloon opened at 7. 30 in there the kids played pool n football games wile we were chilling having a drink. The staff are so friendly and it's so cheap. Can't wait to go again.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sjabradley 2 reviews from this member

Beautiful quite campsite. Showers, toilets and family bathroom clean and powered by wind turbine and solar panels. Washing up area in the same block. Electric hook ups available. Not over populated, which was lovely as plenty of space around your tent. Beautiful surroundings. Really helpful and informative owners. Lots of great walks. Ideal for a quiet getaway. Would recommend and would go back there.

Reviewer: Rayking 1 review from this member

Excellent location for a quiet, away from the hustle and bustle break.

Lots to do in the area, very close to Hadrian's wall and the Pennine way. Good walking and cycling area, there are lots of forest tracks to cycle on.

The shower block is very good. The water, heated by solar power, is at just the right temperature and there was lots of it.

We used an electric hook up, power supplied by a wind generator, this was very efficient and worked 100%

Stonehaugh social club is a good place to relax and is very friendly. There is a pool table, darts and bar billiards. Drinks are reasonably priced.

Bellingham is a good place to buy provisions it has a very good butcher, green grocer and bakers.

This is a campsite we will return to in the future.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Loli0503 1 review from this member

We booked Stonehaugh last minute, booking was easy rang at first then completed booking form online and was confirmed via email.

We arrived and paid cash as no card facilities along with a 2 deposit for the shower room key.

Nearest shop is not as described it is 6 miles away but its 5. 5 miles back along road before 6 mile journey to Wark, and 9 miles to Bellingham, on website states supermarkets in Bellingham. There is one a CO-OP, along with bakers, post office fruit shop and butchers they offer a bbq pack for 1 or 2 people at 4 or 8 there is also a couple banks and a cafe.

Petrol was very expensive in Bellingham at 1. 47 per litre.

Campsite was very peaceful with only a few others camping.

Water was not very hot on our first day, the lights are on a timer switch and whilst having a shower they went out which I found quite scary.

Sink are inside shower block to wash dishes.

I have very long hair and because weather was not great would have liked an electrical socket to dry my hair, there was 2 in shower block but covered stating not in use.

Warksburn picnic area was lovely and many places to walk the dog.

Kielder 9 miles drive from Bellingham.

We left a day early only due to the fact that it was our first camping trip since my partners health scare. It was too much for him and the owner kindly refunded us which I thought was a lovely gesture.

There is a clubhouse in Stonehaugh village 5 minutes walk from the site, lovely interior they offer meals and breakfast on a Sunday only open from Thursday at 7. 30pm.

Reviewer: Tony hardy 2 reviews from this member

Just come back and me and my son loved it. We went for two nights and done a lot of walking. My son loved climbing up and down the hill's. He loved the park nearby. The toilets were very clean. Wish I took cream cos when I got back home I was coved in bite marks on my legs. Only downside was the pub wasn't open, would have been nice to have something nice and warm to eat but that's my fault for not bringing anything warm. There are lots of place's to have your picnics on the walks. The staff were nice, they set you up and leave you to get on with what you want to do. We are definitely going back again.

Previous     14 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Northumberland   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!