Visitor Reviews - Merkins Farm

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Site Reviews

Merkins Farm
Bradford Leigh
Bradford On Avon
Wiltshire   (Browse area)
BA15 2RW   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m   1m  1m  1m  1m

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept five caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting. You must be a Club member to use this site.

Reviews:  36 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Andrea Emm 3 reviews from this member

A pretty little site just outside Bradford On Avon. There are 4 pitches for caravans 3 are hard standing and one is grass.

There is also a large area for tents. The toilets (one ladies, one gents) and the shower were clean and there is a dish washing sink with hot water.

There is also a cafe on site which we tried on our last day, the food was very good and set us up for our journey.

There is no shop on site but there are plenty in Bradford on Avon and a selection of pubs and cafes. We walked into Bradford a couple of times and caught the train to Bath, however please check service availability as electrification works are causing disruption to services in the area.

Bradford and Bath are both beautiful and well worth a visit.

This site is very reasonably priced and was great value for money. However I think more showers and toilets are needed as queues developed sometimes and the cafe customers use the same toilets as the campers.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Bogey567 3 reviews from this member

I booked this site via Ukcampsite and I really enjoyed my visit last weekend. The site is handy for Bradford on Avon and Bath, both of which we visited. There is plenty of room on the site and when I arrived I had a choice of 4 places where I could pitch up. It is generally quiet and there were no problems. I went in the café to pay for my pitch and everyone was really friendly. The facilities are okay, but basic, but everything was clean. Nice views from the site, but the date I visited the site, the pub down the road appears to be closed. I will visit this site again that's for sure. I didn't have a meal in the café, but it looked great and was really popular, especially for breakfast.

Date of Visit: November 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Dubdogs 67 reviews from this member

Stopped for one night to break up a drive to Wales.

I'd booked in advance and arrived after dark. Everything was easy to find and as described by the helpful person when I'd called.

In morning light it was nice to see the open countryside and views across the fields. As we were the only van staying, the facilities were fine and were clean.

We went to the on site café for a breakfast before leaving, and a great treat that was! Nice big fry up and pot of tea before heading out on the road was really good.

All-in-all a good site, that we'll return to explore the area rather than just pass through.

Date of Visit: October 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Goomaks 12 reviews from this member

Lovely site, with stunning views over the countryside. Booked in at the cafe, nice friendly welcome, we were shown were everything was located. Didn`t use the cafe, but it looked very nice and clean. It seems very popular with lots of people coming to use it. The pitches back on to the road, so you get traffic noise in the day time but hardly any at night. One male, one female toilet and one shower(50p), we felt that the toilets were a little bit basic with only cold water in the hand wash basins, would be a big improvement to have hot water put in. Television reception poor, could really only get B. B. C. Programmes. It is a bit open and exposed, especially when the wind gets up, but the view compensates for this.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Peter236uk 11 reviews from this member

Great little site the situation is great and the site very clean. We stayed for 2 nights on our way down to Cornwall. On arrival the wife went and paid at the cafe, it was not until we discussed the site when we left that we realised that we had been over charged by £2 which was a little bit of surprise. I think we were charged for a dog which we did not have. There are a couple of other little gripes, the breakfast following some of reviews, that said how good it was. I have to say I was disappointed. At a charge of £7. 50 the breakfast did not include tea or bread and butter and was made up mostly with baked beans and hash browns. I just felt it was very mediocre for the price.

There was a large group who arrived on the Friday evening, I think they were a club. They sang (not very well) until the early hours. This is not great on a small site. I do not wish to seem to negative about the site and its a great location for walking and cycling.

Management response: Dear Peter236uk

Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you thought we run a ‘great little site’.

As far as you’re being overcharged, I wish you had noticed earlier, so that we could have refunded you. We do not know why that would have happened.

We are obviously very proud of the Camp Site and the Café. The Merkins Full English Breakfast at £7. 45 is indeed very popular with Campers and Locals. Freshly Cut Toast and Butter IS included in the price. I seem to remember you requested bread and butter instead, which we happily provided you with. The breakfast is certainly not mostly made up of hash browns and Heinz baked beans. Everything is cooked fresh, to order.

The large group you mentioned were a group of Morris Men, who asked if they could sing. We mistakenly thought the campers would enjoy this, it did not go on until the ‘early hours’ at all.

We will continue to work hard, and provide a pleasant relaxed camping experience for all that stay with us.

Hayley and Jon

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Niknrich 10 reviews from this member

We stayed at this site for a weekend at the beginning of September with a group of 15. It's a lovely friendly site and very reasonably priced. The pitches are dead flat and the views are lovely.

We enjoyed breakfast at the cafe both Saturday and Sunday mornings - it's obviously popular with locals as well as campers! The staff are nice and friendly.

The only negative is the lack of hot water in the loo basins and washing up sink, and the 50p showers. I always panic that I'll run out of hot water in the middle of washing my hair! The single loo per sex could have been an issue if the site was full, but it was quiet when we visited.

Overall though, a good value, friendly site.

Previous     36 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Wiltshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Champion 3100 Watt Inverter Petrol Generator Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 – 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!