Visitor Reviews - Lighthouse Inn Certificated Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

Lighthouse Inn Certificated Site
Coast Road
Walcott
Norfolk   (Browse area)
NR12 0PE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept five caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting.

Reviews:

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Wsseaman 42 reviews from this member

The pitches are at the back of the pub in a small grassed paddock. You will need a very long electric lead if you are not sited on the first two pitches nearest the electric hook up 'station'.

Pitches are not marked out but I would say there is only room for 4 outfits, two of which have the pub's washing line at the front of them! There is a fresh water tap behind the pub and elsan point in the car park.

The pub itself is very popular and has a permanent marquee during the summer season for functions etc. , This did generate some noise but it wasn't too intrusive for us.

The road runs right outside the pub and is reasonably busy which I found noisy on the Friday night but didn't notice it after that. The pub's staff leaving off in the early hours of Saturday morning were extremely noisy which we felt was a little thoughtless.

The pub itself is surrounded by fields but you can walk into Walcott village (by road) and the beach (across fields), which took us approx 15-20 mins. Cost is 10 per night all-in including electric which was very reasonable.

Pub has free wifi which you can just about get at your pitch.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: J1mealor 1 review from this member

The Lighthouse inn we found to be an excellent family orientated site with friendly, helpful staff. We stayed at the site for 2weeks with two adults and three children. They provide free kids entertainment 4 nights a week which includes clowns and disco's. We also had meals at the pub which were excellent.

The pub is located close to walcott beach and shop which stocks almost everything you will ever need and a fish & chip shop. It is good as a base site if you want to go travelling during the day.The only down side we found was the toilet facility that could do with a coat of paint and a clean up.

There is no shower but we took a large tub to bathe in so that was fine for us, but for 10pr night it is excellent value for money we had an amazing 2weeks and even though we live on the other side of the uk we would go again and would like to thank Steve and the staff for an excellent stay and their hospitality.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Winnieone 2 reviews from this member

Agree with review by rich1812, but would like to add the following points. Electric points would only be available for 2 units nearest pub with standard 25 metre cable. The maintenance shed and woodpile are just 20ft from these 2 units. With a ride on mower being started from here from 8.00am even Sunday (why). If there are more units in, you have to leave your car in the pub car park. You could have trouble getting your caravan out if you're nearest the pub and there are other caravans in. A friends and my caravan was there for a week, but on the first day there was a small motorhome nearest the pub and he volunteered to move as he was leaving the next day, (or we would have not had electric, being further than 25m away). No one else came on the site while we were there. Cost 10 per night. The elsan point, about 40 metres away, was in the main car park. It was not screened off, it was a flat lid set on the floor with two small chain handles. It was shallow and unavoidable to stop it splashing a bit. No tap to wash hands or rinse out after you. It couldn't have been nice for people going in for a meal to see and I felt embarrassed. A cone was supposed to stop cars parking on it, but this wasn't always the case, and twice I had to wait until they moved. The toilet on the campsite was clean but looked a little tired. Staff in the pub were friendly. There was a good selection of food and ales. Prices reflected the good quality. There might be noise some nights from the events tent at the back, (Check first). To summarise, I felt I was intruding on the maintenance guys patch and caravanners came low in the pecking order. Though the owner could I am sure if he had the time and inclination easily rectify this points, as he was friendly but always busy. In my opinion there is not enough room at the moment for more than 3 units. The Norfolk broads were nearby and well worth a visit.

Date of Visit: May 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Richl812 4 reviews from this member

A smaller than advertised site due to part being fenced off for log storage and maintenance shed access so somewhat cramped. Rally field is large and separate and in my opinion, far nicer than the CS.

Site is nice, not far from the sea and in a quiet location albeit the maintenance is an early bird and starting lawn mowers very early and constantly whistling. Pub has a good menu and range of beers but again a little pricey.

Toilet is shared between campsite and pub staff with little hot water and needs a good clean. Pub washing line is behind the pitches so staff forever out hanging out tea towels and underwear etc - not nice.

Cost per night was 10.

Date of Visit: April 2008 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: _tich_ 5 reviews from this member

I've been here 3 times now & the staff seem to be quite friendly. Not much there for kids to do but for a couple it's fine. Shame there wasn't a shower as staying there for a week is a pain. As a weekend away I'd say it's ok though.

I never ate in the pub as I thought it were too pricey. I've been in heaps of other pubs & had good meals for far less money. All it has is a toilet & a wash basin the hot water is brief to say the least. I remember going there in February 2007 & went to wash my hair & within seconds the water went cold so I ended up running out of there & straight into the caravan to finish off.

For a fiver a night if you're a member of the camping & caravanning club it's ok for a weekend anything longer unless you've a decent shower in your unit then I'd look elsewhere.

Date of Visit: July 2006 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Normannbelson 9 reviews from this member

It's a small pub site with no showers when we were there. There is a toilet and wash basin.
The pub is great, there is a games room and a good restaurant with reasonable prices. We would go back there again.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!