Visitor Reviews - Bramblewood Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Shropshire > Site Reviews

Bramblewood Caravan Park
Brown Moss
Whitchurch
Shropshire   (Browse area)
SY13 4BU   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01948 665399  or  07534 175096

1m  1m  1m 5m  5m   5m  5m  5m

Pitches: CCC Members Only

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting. It is a member only site - you may be able to join on arrival - please check direct with the site.

Reviews:  15 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Expelec 4 reviews from this member

This was our first visit to this site as a small group and what a gem it is, we were made to feel very welcome by Sandra and Steve who are the owners.

We were pitched on the well kept rally field which has EHU points around the edge of the field.

There's a clean male and female toilet and also a separate shower.

They have a large double garage which they are using as a games room with table tennis and a darts board. You can also use this room to get together in the evenings.

The site is in a secluded quiet location on the edge of a nature reserve.

Whitchurch is a lovely old Market town with a variety of small shops and enough pubs to keep you happy all day long.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Swifty678 1 review from this member

We as a family have been going there for quite a few years. Great site and the new owners are so friendly and they go the extra mile to make sure there guests are happy. Many Thanks steve and sandra see you again in a few weeks

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Oddsnends 2 reviews from this member

As can be gleamed from previous comments this is a great site. I think it the attention to detail that sets this site a notch above some others. We chose it as we wanted to visit Blist Hill Victorian Museum Ironbridge only 40 mins to the P&R there, also visited N. T. Little Moreton Hall which was very interesting. When we go back, which we will, we will visit Stoke on Trent & Shrewsbury.

Reviewer: Campingro 1 review from this member

We stayed here for one night for an event. The site is lovely, quiet and well maintained with plenty of space for tents or caravans. The owner was very friendly and helpful. We would recommend this site. It would be especially good for nature lovers as the nature reserve is right next door and we even saw some bats flying over our tent.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Fqb76u 5 reviews from this member

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend. The road leading to the site is single track, but not too long and totally manageable. The site owner was very helpful and chatty on our arrival, and due to us being the only unit there, we had a choice of where to pitch. We chose the rally field, the highest point for the view and the flatness. The 5 van area is flat all grass and the rally field is slightly sloping in places all grass. The site was immaculate, with manicured grass and hedging separating the 5 van area from the rally field. We had electric hook up and TV and phone reception was excellent. The shower (only 1) is rustic, but works perfectly well, and no charge for use and no key required (as previously mentioned). There is also a washing up area under cover. There are two toilets for ladies and one for men with usual urinal. The site has no play area, so I would say very little for small children to do. Whitchurch is approx 2 miles, a lovely historic market town with everything you need including supermarket. We absolutely loved this site, yes some road noise from the A41 can be heard, but no problem. Small aircraft noise was frequent overhead due to the local sky diving club nearby (we enjoyed looking for the sky divers evacuating the plane). Overall a wonderful little site which we will definitely visit again!

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Styve100 15 reviews from this member

Had a 'first weekend without the kids this year' weekend and chose this site to spend 3 nights recently.

Its a unfortunate tale of maybe the 'sign' of our times.

This is a lovely site, it is landscaped well, plenty of space and the 5 cl is sort of in the same field as a rally field, which has hook up. You are able to chose your spot anywhere, which is a bonus if you like a bit of piece and quiet around you.

I should imagine if your there when there is a rally, its a bit busy though.

The owners are lovely and will chat for ages. Its peaceful, relatively, you can hear road noise from the A41, its not totally quiet, but I guess it might be better in summer when the trees are in leaf as that does cut down the sound a little.

Its pretty good for cycling, only about a mile or so from whitchurch.

The downside for me, signs, everywhere and unfortunately put there because some people cant behave, but signs don't make those people behave.

I am told to use toilet paper, flush the toilet when finished and clean it, wash my hand and don't leave the tap dripping, don't leave the tap dripping, don't leave the tap dripping, don't leave the tap dripping, don't leave the tap dripping, close the door, turn the light off, don't leave within 10 minutes of another unit, . Put the cat out, brush my teeth and don't forget to hide the label on my underwear, jeesh so any notices, if you removed all the notices, would it make a difference? no, because anyone not interested of bothered about flushing the toilet, dripping tap, this wont make them. Infact the tap was running one time when I went in, that didn't work then did it!

I would think twice about taking young kids here as they might do something there isnt a sign for that is assumed to be not quite right.

Dont get me wrong I am not blaming the owners, its unfortunate that we have come to a time when we feel the need to try to put up a sign for those that cant be bothered, it wont change them.

The only thing I thought wrong is, there is a shower, but you have to find the owner when you want a shower and its 50p. Not always convenient, the owner was out when I wanted to pay, which was after our cycle trip, so had it not been for the shower we had in the van, we only used our shower for our stay.

Why lock a shower anyhow? its in the middle of nowhere.

I will return to this site, it is nice, but I maybe wouldn't take my kids.

Previous     15 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Shropshire   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 120 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 500!
Open Today's Window