Visitor Reviews - Crugan Farm Caravan & Camping

Llanbedrog
Abersoch
Pwllheli
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL53 7NL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 1m  1m  1m  1m   1m  5m

Open: March - October

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  12 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Hilary C 22 reviews from this member

We were given a lovely welcome at the farmhouse and lots of advice was freely given about walks, shop, local beach and pub. When my Husband asked about emptying the grey waste the farmer said he could drive into the farmyard and empty over an open drain. Our pitch was grass with electric, there are no hard standing. It is a fair walk to the toilets which are nice and clean as are the showers and wash basins but it was quite chilly in there. The dishwashing facility is one sink in the open on the edge of the farmyard and not particularly clean, there is disinfectant provided. The chemical disposal is also near the toilets and so a fair walk. I would suggest that this site may not be suited to some disabled people because you have to walk on grass and a shingle type surface which is quite uneven. There is a lovely play park for children. The birdsong is lovely, I heard an owl at night. The biggest downside is the close proximity to the A499. We went to Abersoch where we parked the motorhome in the car park in Lon Gwydryn. We had a nice walk around the village and some excellent fish and chips.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Djbowwow 3 reviews from this member

Arrived at the caravan site which is part of a working farm. To book in you must call at the farm house which is the owner residence. The owners were lovely. A lovely warm welcome and a chat about the local area and its attractions they had plenty of time for us. The caravan site is on nice level pitches, the facilities were decent. The beach although it looks close to the campsite is quite difficult to get to, across a busy A road though a feild and down a steep slope to the beach were I think the stairs have washed away. All in all a good, pleasant and peaceful stay just as we like it and the dog was happy too, dog walking area was good.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: CarterD 1 review from this member

Just had 6 days at Crugan Farm. Really lovely place. Ideally situated for Pwllheli and Abersoch. Close to Llanbedrog beach. Walking distance to a pub which we visited. Very friendly owners of the site. Toilet and showers nice and clean (though ladies toilets often without loo paper - however no problem I don't feel it should be provided anyway - we take our own).

Toilets and showers are a bit of a walk from the touring field so if you need the loo in a hurry it could be a problem!Well kept tidy working farm run by a lovely family. We will definitely be back. Richard (owner) said they are replacing the toilet block for next season. Though as I mentioned the showers were clean and plenty of hot water. There are other tourer caravans on 2 other fields which appear to be permanently sited and all pitches beautifully kept. Thankyou for lovely 6 days wonderful days. We will be back!

Reviewer: Mrsbumble 1 review from this member

Just home from a 5 night stay at Crugan Farm. I chose this campsite as when I was emailing various sites for availability I felt that Gwenno was the most enthusiastic and helpful in her reply. I was concerned about the distance from the pitches to the facilities and Gwenno emailed me a map fully explaining the layout of the site.

We were allocated pitch 48 which was right next to the walk through from our field to the next one and also one of the water taps, we had a windbreak up so still had our privacy despite the amount of people that passed by our tent. I was very happy with this pitch, it was a great size, very flat and with having 3 children (14, 11 and 5) it was only a cock stride through to the play area for my youngest and I could easily keep a check on her.

There are 4 toilets (2 male/2 female)and 4 showers. These were kept impeccably clean. My first thought when I saw them was that there wasn't enough for the size of the site but there was never a wait for the showers and we rarely had to wait for the toilets. There was 2 washing up sinks but again we didn't have to wait. There was freezer that we could use for our ice blocks free of charge. The owners also sold their own eggs (which were amazing) and they also sold some delicious meats for barbecues, we tried burgers and belly pork and they were amazing.

The site was within easy reach of Abersoch with it's beautiful beach, Pwllheli and Porthmadog. I would highly recommend anyone stay at Crugan Farm, we'll definitely go back in the future.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Ian Bot 2 reviews from this member

We have just returned from having an excellent 5 nights stay at Crugans Farm, We have never been to this part of Wales before and what a lovely place it is. On arrival we were booked in by the owner a very lovely lady who gave us a leaflet which had the site plan and rules and reg's and told us which pitches we could choose from, also a swipe card so you can get through the electronic barrier, we chose Pitch 26 which was quite a large pitch as all the others seem to be too, it was next to the children's play area but we didn't mind. The shower and toilet block was near to us and always clean when we used them, you can buy fresh eggs from the farm and also bacon sausage burgers and other meats which are all local products. There is a really nice Beach across the road and a Pub within walking distance which does good food at reasonable prices, there is also a Bistro on the Beach as well. So I would just like to say a big thank-you to the owner and everyone at Crugan's Farm for making our stay so enjoyable, Recommended.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Lyndseylola 1 review from this member

I'd pre-booked this site due to the excellent recommendations on UKCampsite.co.uk and wasn't disappointed. I'd had a few questions for the location and had rang Gwenno who was very informative and helpful. I'd rang around a few campsites and Crugan Farm was the only one in the area with such a happy telephonist, everyone else I'd felt like I'd disturbed their day, however with Gwenno I felt welcome right from the word go.

On arrival to the site we turned onto the turn off on the main road to be greeted by a reception at a lovely farm house. It is a working farm so we had to call the number listed at the entrance for help but we didn't mind as the owners were so pleasant and gave us our pick of the pitches as they were quiet and even offered to let us stay later on out departure day (due to availability, not always allowed if in busy periods. )

We set up our tent nicely protected by a hedge on a nicely flat field, well maintained and with plenty of space around the tent. The ground was very hard so I'd recommend bringing a mallet for your pegs however it had been hot all weekend so it couldn't be helped.

There was a small children's' play area and ample playing space for children, a well maintained shower block and toilet block, a freezer to re-freeze freezer blocks and food.

We liked the fact that it was a working farm (with sheep in the next field and guinea fowl running round, but not in the camping area mind. ) and we even bought some ribs and chops from the farm for our BBQ which was delicious, they even provided a block for us to put our disposable BBQ on so we didn't ruin the grass.

We got chatting to some guests who were staying in camper vans who said the electric hook up is good, strong wifi connection and good disposal for the chemical toilets.

The location is a nice 15 min walk from Llanbedrog village and about a 15 min drive from Abersoch and Phewelli. It is about a mile from the Wakestock festival, an ideal location for any festival goers, and directly across the road to the farm you cross a field and you are straight away on the coastal path leading to a gorgeous little cove of Llanbedrog beach.

We had a lovely time, made even more special by Gwenno and the team at Crugan Farm.

Previous     12 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

50 Tickets for the NEC Oct Motorhome & Caravan Show Win a Clarke IG2000 2kW Generator

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend, Cornwall - 14th to 16th October
A Sounds of the Swinging Sixties long weekend concert with camping on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016