Visitor Reviews - Wold Farm Caravan And Camping Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > East Yorkshire > Site Reviews

Wold Farm Caravan And Camping Site
Bempton Lane
Flamborough
Bridlington
East Yorkshire   (Browse area)
YO15 1AT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01262 850 536  or  07429604782

1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  5m  5m   1m  1m  5m  1m  5m

Open: 31st March - 30th November

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

Reviews:  82 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: 07scottk 2 reviews from this member

I visited as a backpacker in mid September. The site is in a great location for coast hikers - Bempton cliffs and Flamborough Head in particular - and I was welcomed in a friendly manner.

But my impression of the site was clouded by the high price I'm afraid - I was charged 12, discounted by 2 from the standard 14 as I was on my own, the same price effectively as a family tent or motorhome, despite my tiny tent taking up just a fraction of the space. Great value had I been in my camper van but much more than the average 5-8 backpacker rate. Only once in 50 days this year did I pay more.

The facilities were clean enough but inadequate - just one shower (costing yet another 1) and two loos - I can't imagine how people would cope if the site is full.

Please Wold Farm, you're in a prime hiking location, so please introduce a backpacker rate; we don't have the choice to move on elsewhere.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Browndivegirl 6 reviews from this member

This campsite has a stunning location with sea views - and if you pitch at the edge of the campsite a 270 degree view of the sea round the Flamborough headland. I can imagine it can get a bit hairy when windy, but the weather was calm and sunny during our stay.

Not all pitches are that flat, but we got an electric pitch that was flat enough with a sea view. You can't book specific pitches so get there early.

Flamborough itself wasn't much to look at (though Thornwick Bay pretty) - but Filey and Cayton Bay both have lovely sandy beaches a short drive away.

A big drawback is the facilities - which although new and clean are inadequate. The water pressure was woeful. I paid 1 for a 6 min shower where I couldn't control the temperature and ran hot, then cold. And was nothing more than a dribble to stand under. It was frequently hard to flush the loos, and the washing up sinks took ages to fill with luke warm water.

For this reason, although I would return for a weekend, I wouldn't advise staying any longer.

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Michellelucy 1 review from this member

Had a brilliant stay

Toilets were always clean

Owners very friendly and welcoming

Beautiful views

Quite and peaceful

Site location is close enough drive to local attractions and areas

It is child friendly. Very welcoming to all people. They do not have a play area but from what I saw all children were not bothered and happy playing with one another.

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Ippychix 1 review from this member

Off the beaten track farm, lovely reception from owners. Some pitches are on a slope plenty of room. The site facilities are well kept compromising of toilets and a shower, there seem to be a sewerage smell around the block, although clean. Lots of natures glorious sounds, bleating of the sheep and lambs, cute. The wind was pretty crazy when we stayed, not sure if that is the norm for the area.

The area is great for walkers and explorers and a visit to the cliffs over the fields are well worth the walk. You might be lucky and get to see the Puffins. Unlike a lot of the East coastal walks this area is rather flat in comparison.

Would love to go again

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Keaf8 2 reviews from this member

Good location for walks, lots of space, friendly owners. It's a bit of a hike into flamborough town but the surroundings are beautiful and so that is the draw of this site. Toilets were fine though I couldn't tell which were male and which were female (signs high up!)

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Micky-Mcfinn 1 review from this member

We just spent a week on this site and apart from a few minor grumbles, found it a lovely peaceful location. The site is easy enough to find with the directions given and there is a sign post at the start of the trackway leading upto the farm. This trackway is quite long and rather bumpy with a few pot holes and is perhaps our biggest niggle. It wouldn't be too bad if it were the distance or uneven surface alone but both together proved to be a pain. The pitch we were on was fairly even and a good size and despite heavy rain on the day we arrived it drained very quickly. The grass was well maintained and the site in general was very clean and tidy. The shower block/ toilets are very clean but with just two toilets and a shower I could see how this could cause problems with queuing when the site is busy. As it was there wasn't that many guests so we didn't have any problems. Apart from that the only problem we found with these facilities was its a fair walk from the bottom or far side of the site up to the block. There is only one drinking water tap half way down the camp and again this is a fair walk from the far side of the camp, maybe three hundred yards or so. The chemical and grey wast disposal areas leave a lot to be desired being basically a hole in the ground with a plastic man hole cover over the top. Gross as that might sound it didn't prove to be a major problem even to someone as squeamish as me. All in all this is a lovely site despite the seemingly negative comments above. It's so quiet and peaceful and very relaxing despite the bleating sheep that are part of the working farm to which the site belongs. Would we go back? Absolutely we would!

Previous     82 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in East Yorkshire   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 120 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 500!
Open Today's Window