Visitor Reviews - Huttopia Versailles

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > Europe > France > Ile de France > Site Reviews

Huttopia Versailles
31 Rue Berthelot
Versailles
Ile de France   (Browse area)
78000   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 0033 01 39 51 23 61

1m   1m

Open: From 26/03 To 03/11

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Glamping

Reviews:  23 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
Win £100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Steph D 2 reviews from this member

We stayed for 3 nights, in a tent. Some reviews complain about cold water and queuing for showers but despite the site being almost completely full, the showers were HOT and I only ever saw one person queuing at a time, so not long to wait at all. You could regulate the temperature of the water by turning the on/off button, so either previous reviewers did not realise this or the facilities have been updated (I assume the latter). Our shower block was certainly new.

Positives:

- excellent access to Versailles and Paris

- nice pool area (with child-proof lock) and restaurant/cafe with WIFI

- staff at reception very helpful and spoke English well, lots of information on Paris/how to travel there etc. Available from reception

- shower block was always clean, there was always hot water, hardly any queues at all

- very woody, so nice and shady

- lots of families, relaxed atmosphere, quiet, no rowdiness/partying.

- 2 table tennis tables, bats and balls free to use

- table football (cost 50cents)

- playground

- pitches not too near each other due to terraced outlay

- barriers closed between 7am and 11pm, so no traffic at all during the night

- you can order baguettes/croissants from reception or choose from one of the two or three bakers within a 5-10min walk

-City carrefour supermarket within 10 mins or less on foot

Negatives:

- some pitches were smaller than others, some not very level; we saw quite a few motorhome/caravan owners struggling for a while to get their vehicle level

- a lot of cabling running along the ground as the electricity feeder blocks were quite far apart. Might be a bit hazardous in rainy weather

- It could get very muddy in heavy rain, I imagine

- no extra water points apart from in the shower blocks (not that I saw, anyway)

We had a very pleasant stay among many Dutch, British, French and German campers.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mckince 2 reviews from this member

We had stayed here for a week in April a few years ago, and liked the site; spacious and well presented. We thus used it as a stop off last night on the way home. A completely different experience. We were given a pitch that was the size of the caravan pretty much exactly; we were able to fit in a pup tent for the kids outside the front door - but no space for a table to eat off!

I chose to spend a while walking around to see what had changed. It was clear that in peak times the campers are crammed in. For the caravans, at least 50% of them did not have enough space for an awning. OK for a night, not for a week. The pool was overrun, and whilst it is lovely to have children playing, did not make for a quiet meal at the restaurant.

I had an average and overpriced entrecôte, the kids had burgers which were actually quite nice.

Back to our pitch; since booking I had swapped 'vans to a Lunar Delta Ti - so a biggish beast - and I would never have fitted it in without a mover. Then again, I would never have got my old Swift Challenger in either.

All OK if the price had been reasonable, but over 80 Euros for a night! I found out today that the twin axle supplement would have been another €50 a night! €130 a night for a small patch of dirt.

Bathrooms and toilets OK. Chem toilet disposable flush hose doubled as Campervan water fill hose (yuk. )

So a terrible review from me, but I would go back off peak as it is an easy way to do Paris

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sarahlouisehughes78 3 reviews from this member

We stayed here for 2 nights. First a warning. Approaching the site with a caravan is quite tricky. On the perifique shortly before the exit for the site on the A86 is a low tunnel that you can't go through. You therefore have to divert through tight town driving.

The site is very attractive. Lots of trees, nice cafe area near the pool. Good atmosphere with a real mix of nationalities. In a safe neighbourhood of Paris so you don't worry about your kids.

We had a very small, sloping pitch which was difficult to get on and off. V tight for a caravan. Water was a long way from pitch.

Loo blocks nice but more showers and loos were needed because its a busy site.

Playground nice and the pool was by an attractive cafe.

A good place to explore Paris from. Easy links to the centre.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Beccapj 4 reviews from this member

I have read so many negative reviews I was dreading staying here ( husband had booked it) for three nights at the end of three weeks in France. We arrived in the pouring rain and as the site is very tight and pitch numbers difficult to find I got soaked running ahead to find our pitch the mud was incredible. We unlike others were able to drive onto a fairly level pitch when we saw how steep and small our neighbours pitches were I breathed a sigh of relief. Great location for train to Paris and visiting Versailles. Lots of shops nearby and bakery goods available in the mornings if you order the night before, we did and they weren't the best we'd had all holiday. This was the only campsite we stayed at where I had to queue for the showers and yes they were cold. Also beware motor home service area the fresh water filling hose was being used by people to clean their chem toilets, yuk!

On the whole the stay was better than I expected and I would stay here again for the location.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Spamette 3 reviews from this member

There is no doubt that the location of this site is the big selling point. It is in a pretty little town with a train station which makes getting around very easy. Now for the negatives. The pitches are atrocious, even with levelling ramps I spent the whole night sliding to the top of the bed, and the units are absolutely rammed in and far too 'intimate' for my liking. Thankfully it didn't rain otherwise the place would have been a giant bog. We stayed for four days and no matter what time of day I tried to have a shower the water was cold. And I mean cold! Pressing the water button was the showering equivalent of asking someone to punch me in the face every 20 seconds. The site is in desperate need of someone to love it. It is tired and run down and just basically milking it's location. At €40 a night it is by far the most expensive site I've stayed at and with less or substandard facilities. Also you are firmly locked in at night. There is a number you can call if you need to leave before 7am but I didn't like having to depend on somebody answering it when my return crossing was booked. It all depends what you're after of course. If its just location then it is perfect but if you want your cup of coffee to stay where you put it after 20 minutes of pointless ramp adjustments then l would look elsewhere.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Birthdayboy60 8 reviews from this member

Having read other reviews we were a bit concerned over what we would find, however our worries were unfounded. It is a good site 20 mins from Paris centre by RER. I'ts unusual in that it is in woodland. Yes it's expensive 40 Euro a night, but what do you expect that close to Paris? Standard pitches were small but adequate for medium sized campervan, no problem with hook up our 25m cable was more than long enough. Pitches were a bit close together but it is a very friendly site. Did not use pool or snack bar although did have a drink, again not over expensive for the area. Showers etc very clean and well maintained, had to wait a few minutes one morning for a shower otherwise no queues (even in August). Reception very helpful, Although no shop on site village is only a 5 minute walk away as is train and bus stops - 10 minute bus ride to Palace of Versailles.

PS as mentioned in other reviews A86 has 2m height limit so approach via A13.

Previous     23 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Ile de France   -   Search for a site

50 Tickets for the NEC Oct Motorhome & Caravan Show Win a Clarke IG2000 2kW Generator

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend, Cornwall - 14th to 16th October
A Sounds of the Swinging Sixties long weekend concert with camping on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016