Visitor Reviews - Watertop Open Farm

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Northern Ireland > N Ireland > Site Reviews

Watertop Open Farm
188 Cushendall Rd
N Ireland   (Browse area)
BT54 6RN   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 028 20762576

5m  5m   5m  10m  5m  5m  5m   5m  10m

Open: Easter To October

Reviews:  13 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Nibbs1201 1 review from this member

Arrived here late Saturday evening. Friend had already pitched ready for us and we just came straight in and got sorted. Pitch was a lovely size! Night one fab! Night two we had terrible rain and my friend and I woke to find ourselves floating in about a foot of water that was coming through a stream designed to drain the water from the fields. A bit of a shock and we all bailed out at 7am and headed to my friends until the rain stopped. When I went back (tent was fine luckily!) I requested a pitch change and owner agreed willingly :) - pitch swapped and although a little soggy and car had to be parked in the car park, the rest of the week went well. There is tonnes for the kids! My 3yr old never left the barn! My 8yr old was off most of the time too. Beautiful scenery. Gorgeous direct views. Lovely walks. Not too far from amenities either (shops). Toilet/shower/laundry block all very clean and nice! EHU available and taps locally. The owners and farm hands are all lovely! Pitching after 2pm and that's also the leaving time! Giving plenty of time to get packed up and away.

Would definitely come again! Though may request a hard standing pitch if rainy ;)

In dry weather this site would be 10/10!

My only advice! Avoid pitches 8-12 in rainy weather! Water logging is bad :(

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jmc74 3 reviews from this member

This was our third visit to Watertop Farm. It is still one of our favourite camping sites, as there is so much for the children to do. Go to the farm, pet the animals, make friends with the farm dog, go for walks, play in the park, to name but a few. (Check their website for the rest).

The camp site has been upgraded with water and electric hook up at each camping pitch. Great for modern campers!

Ballycastle is about a 15 min drive away, which is a must for ice cream and a play on the beach.
Having been to the site before, I was glad to hear they were updating the toilet/shower facilities, as this was the only area that I thought needed updated. However I was disappointed that the facilities were not ready when we were there. We were told they weren't going to be ready until 1 July 2014. A few more hand sanitisers around the farm for the kids hands would also be a good idea.

The views across the mountains and the wide open fields are beautiful to look out at, and at night, the park goes completely quiet after 11. Which is great for a good night sleep! But remember your torch if you need a trip to the toilets throughout the night.

There are plenty of bins for rubbish, and Watertop have now put recycling bins at the pitches which is also a great idea. These bins are cleared regularly, and the campsite is spotless.

Once the new facilities are open and more hand sanitisers are in place, this camp site will be well worth 10/10.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Heleg 3 reviews from this member

We visited this site just outside of peak season, which suited us perfectly as we practically had the site to ourselves!

We stayed for two nights with a car and tent and were impressed by the amount of space, beautiful surroundings, friendly owners and great price.

The toilet block was perhaps a little basic, but this did not bother us. Free hot showers and a place to wash up were great, and there were laundry facilities had we needed them.

We enjoyed being able to see the animals and even cuddle some kittens and puppies! Overall a lovely site and a beautiful area - just wish we'd had time to stay longer!

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sarahlouduck 1 review from this member

We decided to visit this site as there seemed to be a lot for our young children to do. The staff were very friendly and very helpful.

We were on a hard pitch beside a fenced off river and were tortured my midges every night. Also there was no room for our car to be parked once our awning was up.

The toilet and shower facilities were very basic and there was only 2 toilet cubicles for women which are also used by day visitors to the farm.

My children loved all the play areas and assault course, although wellies are a must if there has been any rain at all.

There is a small cafe on site but it is just a 10 minute drive to ballycastle which has lots of shops, restaurants, pubs etc.

A fantastic site for young families but midge repellent is a must buy before visiting.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jmck74 2 reviews from this member

We chose watertop open farm for our first ever camping trip.

When we arrived, we were directed to the camping field, and given our pitch number. I personally found this helpful as it was our first time camping, I knew exactly were to pitch our tent.

We set up with no problems, the grass was good, and all the pitches seemed level.

The scenery no matter where our tent would have been was beautiful.

There was plenty for the children to do, either play in the large grass area in front of the tents, or play in the playpark. There was also plenty of activities within the farm. There was beautiful walks around the farm, which we done.

I was worried that being close to a farm, that I would be kept awake by the animals, but apart from the odd baa from a sheep, there was no noise at all.

All dogs were kept on leads, the farm and campsite were spotless, and the campsite was quiet by 11pm.

The only one negative, was that the toilet and showers were very basic, but considering everything else was wonderful, this did not spoil our camping experience.

I will return to Watertop without any hesitation.

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Serenityjunkie 1 review from this member

I have stayed at this site several times a year for nearly 20 years. And will continue to do so. It has been a major part of our children's growing up

As it showed them a way of life and experiences they could not get in the city

This is a working farm, and that for me is part of the attraction. It is a great place to camp especially in the new camping field which is relatively midge free. There is a short walk to the toilets, as there is in most sites.

Occasionally there have been problems with toilets getting blocked and I have seen this in many sites all over Europe. Once reported it gets sorted ASAP.

I thoroughly recommend this site for family camping, there is loads to do even when the attractions arent on. Good place for peace and quiet.

The surroundings are amazing, and you are just a short drive away from some of the most beautiful coastal scenery in the British isles

Previous     13 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in N Ireland   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!