Visitor Reviews - Le Bel Air

Route De La Haye Malherbe
Hameau De Saint Lubin
Louviers
Normandy   (Browse area)
27400   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 0033 (0)2 32 40 10 77

10m   5m

Reviews:

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Chrisandsandra 6 reviews from this member

We used this site as a one night stop off on the way south. We had previously stayed here about years ago and knew the route so no problems finding it. The site seemed a little run more down than it was on our last visit. We were given a dark pitch with lots of overhanging trees even though there were plenty of what looked like better pitches available. Only one of the toilet/shower blocks was open and, as has been mentioned, this could have done with a bit of tlc. However, at the ACSI rate of €16 for the night it worth it for a convenient stop off after the day crossing from Newhaven to Dieppe and we would probably use it again if it was on our route.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Firstclass67 33 reviews from this member

We'd stayed here many years ago, and as we needed an overnight stop I thought we'd try it again, but I don't think I would use it again.

As the previous reviewer said the toilets left a lot to be desired - a bottle of bleach being one definite thing! I had a shower in the morning which was tepid at best, although my son said his was lovely and warm.

I chose to go there because I knew it had a pool and we had had along hot drive. The pool is small and round with a very high step to get out. By the time we got there the sun was dipping behind the trees and it was rather too chilly to enjoy it.

We had terrible finding it again - our SatNav took us into the town and wanted us to go up a one way street. My advice would be look out for the signs and don't rely on the SatNav.

It was very quiet the night we were there.

We were charged 36 euros for the four of us (2 adults and 2 grown up kids) and I don't think it was worth it.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cal1974 2 reviews from this member

Stayed here for one night en route to Atlantic coast. Access is hair raising with a steep hill and several hairpin bends. Site fees are extortionate when taking into account the poor level of maintenance, (40 euros for 2adults and 3 small children) Site is very over grown with a distinct 'unloved' feel. Toilets were terrible, dirty, smelly and no seats or toilet paper. Pitches were tight and awkward to access. We didn't have time to use the pool, although based on the rest of the sight I would not have allowed my children to take a swim anyway. Apart from a few static pitches, the sight was more or less empty - hardly surprising! I would not recommend this site and will not use it again!

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: WinkyPug 1 review from this member

Stopped here for 1 night on the way back up to the Eurotunnel. Reception staff were polite & helpful but wanted to retain my passport in exchange for a barrier card for going out for the evening, which I was not keen on so we stayed on-site.

The pitches seemed fine although some trees are very high and cut out most of the sunshine. We cannot comment on the pool as we didn't use it.

There is a main toilet/shower block which was passable. There were several other smaller units around the site but half of these were closed even though high season had started. The one we used was in the process of being updated and was unfinished. I didn't mind that but the stale sewage smell was too overpowering and the toilet bowl looked like it had not seen bleach for months.

At 24 Euros per night this site is ok as a stopover but that's about it.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Pennine Plodder 17 reviews from this member

I had forgotten that we had stayed here on our return home, until I read the review below! I recognised the description of the approach. It certainly is steep, especially when towing and we were being followed by friends!

The reception was fine and people seemed to be enjoying the pool. Bread could be ordered for the following morning and there was a small shop for basics.

The pitches were not overly generous, thank heavens for an OH who can reverse.

We opted to stay here rather than tackle Rouen at rush hour. Our friends said they would have carried on up to Calais, however that would have meant a further 23/4 to 3 hours - thus arriving mid evening.

Nice spot - very picturesque

Date of Visit: May 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jaymac 1 review from this member

We used this site for an overnight in 2008 and again in 2009. There's a pool and other facilities but I can't comment as I didn't use them. The site is located outside the town and access is through the town centre and up the hill. A bit of a trek and a bit worrying at times when you're towing. There's a barrier at the gate but you'll be given a barrier card if you want to get out to visit the town.

We were allocated a pitch with a very narrow entrance and high hedges - our caravan is 7ft 2 inches wide, I suspect the gap we had to drive through was about five inches narrower and we spent the night worrying about getting out again without damaging the van. The site takes camping cheques in the low season which is why we used it but we've since used the municipal at Pont de L'Arche which is much nearer the road and on the river so we'd prefer that in future.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Normandy   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers