Visitor Reviews - Stonehenge Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Site Reviews

Stonehenge Campsite
Berwick Road
Berwick St James
Salisbury
Wiltshire   (Browse area)
SP3 4TQ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 10m  5m  5m   10m  5m  10m

Pitches: 15 Plus Glamping Pods

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Glamping

Reviews:  73 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Em1982 8 reviews from this member

This was our second stay at this site, on good traffic day it is an hour from home so great for first trip of the year/testing new van out.

Our first stay was February 2014, which turned out to be one of the windiest weekends of the year. This time it was during school holidays. The only difference was more people. During our stay the toilets and showers etc where always clean, noise level wise yes a bit !more in the day but only cause more people (so that is naturally going to increase the noise level) but night wise as quiet as in February 2014 (well actually quieter as no wind)!

Whilst no playground for kids the clientele of this site are those that know how to respect others and use the holiday as good quality family time.

It is a great area for walking. We did not do Stonehenge (saw enough of it sat in traffic trying to get to the site) however there are plenty of other walks in the area.

On the Saturday night we ate at The Bell Inn, a short walk from the site, not really sure the menu has something for everyone but I managed to find something I would eat and it was lovely.

All in all a great site and one we are hoping to use more often for weekend away. The only possible thing I can think is to put arrival times on the website but I know they have just had the website redone and have a few teething issues as you would expect.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pariah 1 review from this member

This place is amazing!

Everything looks brand new, from the kitchen to the showers; the pods to the fencing! It really is that well maintained!

Long story short; our first ever family camping trip (me, wife & 2 year old) was almost cut short (due to 50+mph winds practically destroying our tent at 3am on the first evening) but as soon as liane and dave (the site wardens) realised we had to sleep in our car, they offered us the festival pod to gather ourselves.

We opted to upgrade to the eden pod as we were due to stay for another 2 nights and had already paid for a 2 day pass at longleat.

Best

Decision

Ever

Clean, well equipped and room for the 3 of us, we were almost glad our tent was unusable!

They are one of the only sites in the area that allows traditional camp fires too!

The camper's kitchen is well equipped with things such as washing machine, 3 sinks, kettle, fridge, toaster, electric hob and all the utensils you would need!

It's like a home from home!

The site caters for all; from tents of all sizes to caravans and campers and there are 5 pods ranging from basic to wow all set in highly maintained surroundings.

The heated showers and toilets are award-winningly clean along with the entire site!

Even the owner's dog, tia, is perfect!

If you plan an overnight stay within 20, 30 or even 50 miles of stonehenge, then i implore you, you simply must spend at least 1 night at stonehenge campsite!

Do it!

Date of Visit: February 2015 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Waltonej 1 review from this member

My partner and I have just spent a weekend at stonehenge campsite. This was by far the best campsite we have stayed at. With friendly staff, communal kitchen (with fantastic cooking facilities) and clean toilets/showers we couldn't have asked for a better weekend. We stayed in one of the glamping pods which was warm and cosy and even had it's own mini kitchen which we found really helpful as we didn't have to worry about bringing anything with us. The setting of the site was peaceful, perfect for a relaxing weekend away. We would definitely come again! Thank-you.

Date of Visit: January 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Theresa Bates 2 reviews from this member

This campsite is one of the nicest I've ever stayed at. Liane and Dave the wardens made me feel welcome as soon as I arrived. The facilities are amazing. The communal kitchen and the luxury showers / toilets are the best I have ever experienced on a site. Being a female on my own I was a little apprehensive about going away but I had absolutely nothing to worry about. The little touches like being able to have a cuppa in the camp kitchen and mini toiletries, if like me you forgot any of you essentials are a wonderful touch! I had such a lovely relaxing time I have already booked up to return in 2 weeks. Thank you Liane, Dave and William. See you very soon!

Date of Visit: January 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: GeoffanSue 1 review from this member

Terriffic site, clean and friendly. Managers very helpful and apologetic about construction work going on at time of our visit. Well thought out site with lots of ideas we have not found on other sites we have visited. Showers/toilets very clean and warm, a must when visiting this time of year!Added bonus this morning being invited to hand-feed the resident Alpacas. Camping kitchen also a great bonus with complimentary tea/coffee/hot chocolate and every facility to cook a meal. Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer also available in Campers kitchen. Another great bonus.

Returning next month. Need we say more!

Date of Visit: January 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Scotsgordon 3 reviews from this member

Booked this site for a Bell Tent group I am a member of, we had 9 bell tents over New Year. Liane was brilliant throughout the booking process and her and Dave were very welcoming and friendly throughout our stay. The toilet / shower facilities were second to none and would put many hotels to shame! An extra bonus was the campers kitchen - it was a fully fitted kitchen available for use free of charge. An excellent site with incredibly well thought out facilities. Definitely be booking again. If there was an option I would have given more than 10 out of 10!

Previous     73 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Wiltshire   -   Search for a site

Win 200 of Cool Prizes from Outwell Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Camping Exhibition, Codicote, Hertfordshire 02/05 to 31/05
A massive range of tents, trailer tents and accessories on display to wander around