Visitor Reviews - Noahs Ark Caravan Park

Newhouse Farm
Western Edge
Perth
Perthshire   (Browse area)
PH1 1QF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  5m  5m   1m  5m  1m

Pitches: 45 touring, 20 tent pitches and 6 NEW Microlodges

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

Reviews:  100 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Frederico 34 reviews from this member

I stayed here for one night with a tourer and one man tent. Two of my sons were doing a cycle ride from Lands End to John o Groats.

The site staff were very friendly and helpful. The site is easy to get to on good roads but follow their website instructions, not post code. We had a large grass pitch with electric and the tent next to us. There is a play park and plenty of room for kids to play. The facilities were all very good and clean. This park is ideal for visiting Perth and the area around. I will be going back there next year with my wife when touring Scotland.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Studornoch 3 reviews from this member

A well run family caravan park.

Firstly, on your way to the site DO NOT follow sat nav instructions using postcode! A mistake I made, leading me to a dirt track, and the quickest reverse turn I have ever performed whilst towing, in someones back garden! Your satnav will direct you to the correct location on a much shorter and simpler route, however, part of it is on a private track which turns into a public footpath to the site. The correct route to take is totally different. You must cross the A9 flyover bridge then turn right behind B&Q and then follow signs.

Once there, the location is very convenient for travel via the A9. Being that close however, means you can hear road noise.

Staff were very friendly and helpful on arrival. They allowed me to choose my own pitch which I liked.

Pitches are all of good size. Grass or hard standing. Hard standing is made of a kind of rubble I suppose. I've never seen material like it before. We pitched on grass near the playpark. All pitches seemed almost level. Water is found a several locations found the park. Never too far away.

Tv signal was spot on.

Toilets and showers were in good condition. In my opinion they were cleaned pretty well. And I'm a fussy guy! Is it possible management has changed since the poor reviews of 2013? The building was well heated and water was hot with plenty of pressure and a good flow.

Washers and driers are available and a sheltered area with sinks for dishwashing.

Obviously loads to do in the area. Supermarkets and takeaways within minutes. Right next to site is the family entertainment centre. Kids soft play, 10 pin bowling, go karting, crazy golf and driving range all with a discount for park residents.

22 is a little more than I usually pay for a nights pitch but I think that it is good value considering the location, facilities and entertainment so close by. I have paid more for much less!

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JamesLyndaStewart 12 reviews from this member

We had plenty of room on the pitch, and it was really quiet. The wardens were very friendly, with lots of local information. The play park was popular with the family, and they also didn't charge us for family visitors, which was a bonus! Shower blocks were perfect, no issues at all here, very clean. Lots of room for the dogs to have a run, all in all, a great site. We will definitely be back.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Campcat77 1 review from this member

Me and my fiancee rented a micro lodge for a weekend away. It was perfect! There were 6 micro lodges and there was enough space between them to give enough privacy, Inside there was more space then I expected, the lodges were clean and had everything we needed. As the weather was beautiful, we enjoyed sitting on our picnick table were we had a stunning view. There were plenty of drinking water taps along the path to fill up our kettle. There was good outside lightning on the paths to the lodges although it could do with an extra one near our lodge as it was the last one at the end. Never the less, the toilet and shower block was very near and was very good. There were plenty good quality showers with enough space to hang up your clothes and towel. All toilet and showers had motion sensors, so the light came on automatic when you step in the rooms without wasting energy. There was a separate block with a baby changing area with a small toilet for toddlers. (We will be visiting with our wee boy soon). The shower and toilet were cleaned every morning. On walking distance there was a supermarket and a bus stop. There was plenty to do on the site: bowling, go kart, pooltable, mini golf, a softplay and a cafe. The owners/caretakers were friendly and made us feel welcome. We can't wait to go back here.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Heather08 1 review from this member

New to caravaning and went here on a recommendation. Really glad we went as we found the whole experience great fun.

The Warden was very friendly and helpful, the pitch was good and facilities clean and well kept.

Having read some of the reviews below I have to say that we had no issues with the state of the toilets or showers so perhaps the owners have acted on the negative comments.

Our son loved the park and made friends with the other kids there.

Overall we liked the site and will go back again.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: ITWench 3 reviews from this member

We've stayed at Noah's Ark a few times over the past couple of years, and still find this to be one of the most relaxed, friendly sites to stay at. The owners couldn't be more helpful. The park is set off by stunning views of the hills.

The facilities during all of our stays at this park have been faultless. We couldn't keep the kids away from the play park.

We will be back in the near future, but intend to stay in one of the octo or microlodges having spoken to others who had a ball!

Previous     100 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Perthshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Vehicle and Personal GPS Tracker from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Somerset Motorhome Show 12/09 to 14/09 Shepton Mallet
All the latest Motorhomes and a host of accessories. Win Tickets or buy Discounted Day Ticket Offer!