Visitor Reviews - Noahs Ark Caravan Park

Noahs Ark Caravan Park
Newhouse Farm
Western Edge
Perthshire   (Browse area)
PH1 1QF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  5m  5m   1m  5m  1m

Pitches: 45 touring, 20 tent pitches and 6 NEW Microlodges

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

Reviews:  105 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: S T U 1 review from this member

After reading previous reviews prior to booking I was apprehensive about our stay. My partner and I visited the site before committing, to see if the facilities met the needs of my 9 year old son with autism and ADHD. I have to say that we were not disappointed.

Friendly staff were more than willing to let us stroll around the site and other amenities there. The older toilet and wash block was cleaned daily as was the newer toilet and shower block. Both were of a good standard and although they were in need of a little TLC it certainly did not make them an unpleasant place to shower.

The pitches were of a good size and the ground soft and relatively stone free with an abundance of drinking water taps throughout the site.

The other amenities there which include mini golf, karting, bowling, arcades, indoor soft play, ceramic painting and cafe are all very good and reasonably priced activities to keep the children amused even when the weather isn't so good.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Lizdobson 4 reviews from this member

I have to say at the outset that my view of the Noah's Ark site is coloured by being there on two of the nastiest August days for some years. The site is on top of a hill on the edge of Perth and is very exposed. It was cold, windy and wet, so much so that we were worried about the noise our pop-up roof was making and had to lower it and make shift to sleep with our luggage and equipment in the campervan body (on my bed, to be precise!). There appears to be no convenient public transport into the city. Taxi phone numbers are thoughtfully provided outside Reception, but this is an expensive option at 15 for the return trip.

The managers were very helpful and friendly, and when the hedges are better grown the site will be more shelteed. In fine weather this is great site for families, less so for folk who like a bit of quiet around bedtime. One thing I loved about this site was the provision of a generously sized disability shower cubicle, with plenty of space and no ruddy push buttons. It is so rare to be able to shower in comfort on a campsite and Noah's Ark scored 10/10 here.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: DaveG60 14 reviews from this member

This site is on the edge of Perth on a rather exposed hillside. It looks like a farm that has been converted to provide facilities for families. In bad weather it's exposed and miserable with damp grass pitches not helped by irresponsible dog owners letting their animals foul the pitches. The play area and other attractions make this site attractive for families but that makes it noisy. The A9 is close by and also provides a hum of road noise. Rather to my surprise the toilet and showers were clean and spacious. Not sure why the dish washing was outside.

Perth is a lovely city but there is no public transport from the campsite and the taxi fare is seven pounds each way.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Debbie65 25 reviews from this member

Visited Noahs after a fairly long absence due to the last time we were there the site, particularly the toilets and showers, being really dirty. Recent reviews suggested the site had improved so we decided to give it another go as for work reasons we didn't want to be too far from home. Didn't get off to the best of starts, there was a welcoming gift of a big dog turd waiting on our pitch, nice, thanks 'responsible ' dog owners! There had been really heavy rain for quite a few days before we arrived, and because the pitches are all grass, they were totally sodden. Steadies, jockey wheel and caravan steps all sank considerably.

Site still looks a bit bleak to be honest, just a bit rough in general. It's just 'ok', nothing better. It must be hard keeping the (now very tired looking) toilets and showers clean when it is really muddy, but, for goodness sake, buy a new mop and bucket and change the water in the bucket every so often! Maybe add a little disinfectant to the water? And buy some new shower curtains, they can't be that expensive! Even that would make all the difference to these facilities. On the whole they are not awful, just adequate. Our boys love to play football, but unlike most of the other parents on site, we don't let them play near the vans. Big game of footie going on most night right beside the vans, saw a few near misses and the adults were just as bad as the kids.

Staff are friendly and helpful, quite good areas for exercising dogs off site but fencing is patchy with lots of gaps if you have a dog who likes to pick up a smell and run.

Suspect that if the weather hadn't been truly glorious we would have struggled to be as positive about this site, it just looks not that great. And for over 30 per night for 4 of us and our two dogs, there is plenty of other sites with better facilities and a lot cheaper. Some people love this site I know, but sadly, not for us.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Frederico 45 reviews from this member

I stayed here for one night with a tourer and one man tent. Two of my sons were doing a cycle ride from Lands End to John o Groats.

The site staff were very friendly and helpful. The site is easy to get to on good roads but follow their website instructions, not post code. We had a large grass pitch with electric and the tent next to us. There is a play park and plenty of room for kids to play. The facilities were all very good and clean. This park is ideal for visiting Perth and the area around. I will be going back there next year with my wife when touring Scotland.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Studornoch 3 reviews from this member

A well run family caravan park.

Firstly, on your way to the site DO NOT follow sat nav instructions using postcode! A mistake I made, leading me to a dirt track, and the quickest reverse turn I have ever performed whilst towing, in someones back garden! Your satnav will direct you to the correct location on a much shorter and simpler route, however, part of it is on a private track which turns into a public footpath to the site. The correct route to take is totally different. You must cross the A9 flyover bridge then turn right behind B&Q and then follow signs.

Once there, the location is very convenient for travel via the A9. Being that close however, means you can hear road noise.

Staff were very friendly and helpful on arrival. They allowed me to choose my own pitch which I liked.

Pitches are all of good size. Grass or hard standing. Hard standing is made of a kind of rubble I suppose. I've never seen material like it before. We pitched on grass near the playpark. All pitches seemed almost level. Water is found a several locations found the park. Never too far away.

Tv signal was spot on.

Toilets and showers were in good condition. In my opinion they were cleaned pretty well. And I'm a fussy guy! Is it possible management has changed since the poor reviews of 2013? The building was well heated and water was hot with plenty of pressure and a good flow.

Washers and driers are available and a sheltered area with sinks for dishwashing.

Obviously loads to do in the area. Supermarkets and takeaways within minutes. Right next to site is the family entertainment centre. Kids soft play, 10 pin bowling, go karting, crazy golf and driving range all with a discount for park residents.

22 is a little more than I usually pay for a nights pitch but I think that it is good value considering the location, facilities and entertainment so close by. I have paid more for much less!

Previous     105 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Perthshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!