Visitor Reviews - Hopleys Family Camping

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Worcestershire > Site Reviews

Hopleys Family Camping
Doddingtree Farm
Cleobury Road
Bewdley
Worcestershire   (Browse area)
DY12 2QL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m   5m  5m  1m  1m

Pitches: 49 caravans, numerous tents and 4 tipis for hire

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

Reviews:  135 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Dad1uk 29 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a weekend here with friends, we were both in our Folding Campers.

Had a pleasant weekend but wow what a difference the Bank Holiday made. We ended up perched on the edge of the road with one wheel needing a wheel ramp and blocks to get the camper level. Our friends were facing down the hill because they hadn't enough blocks. They parked there car across the front of the trailer just in case it moved.

We were in the far corner which on the whole was very pleasant and quieter than other parts.

I realise it was Bank Holiday and there busy time but the Portacabin toilets by us were disgusting and bordering on being dangerous. I appreciate they are probably locked up most of the year but the insides were dirty and horrible, the gents toilet was built for children I think and was insecure on the floor, the wife got stuck in one of the ladies toilets, the hand rail was very wobbly to climb the steep steps in and out. It was a spiders paradise full of cobwebs and totally disgusting.

We would definitely make sure we get a proper pitch next time because the non-ehu areas are totally unsupervised and people spill over into what should be other pitches.

Not all doom and gloom, we still had a great weekend and will of course return, just not at a bank holiday!

Date of Visit: May 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sv246 22 reviews from this member

Went as a group of three families in 3 tourers for bank holiday weekend. All pitched together directly opposite the toilets and near to the bar area which didn't seem too bad at the outset. The toilet block doors weren't self closing so we were treated to the worlds loudest hand driers all through the night as the site is mainly tents. The bar and pizza oven were new and very good price wise and quality. As the weather was good the bar doors were open so the singer could be heard across the site but finished about 10pm. But in competition with the singer was the music from the tent area which went on into the small hours regardless of the 11pm curfew. No security or staff patrolling the park. Add to this dogs running free to pee up your awning, thank god the sun shone.

The cleanliness of the toilet block was poor, hot water for the showers was none existent one of the days and if you were lucky to get some you had to press the button every 6 seconds! Elsan point was a disgusting pipe in the ground.

The farm shop was good and the staff we encountered helpful and friendly

This is a camping site for groups in tents not a caravan site.

Bewdley is nice as is Wyre Forest but we would certainly stop elsewhere in the area if we came again.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: T-Vdubinit 1 review from this member

What an excellent site! This was my first visit to Hopely's and it really was a breath of fresh air. I came here very last minute, having had a bad experience at another site in Arley. I was greeted by Justin and the gang who immediately made me feel welcome and directed me to my pitch. My hard-standing pitch which was more than big enough for my camper and very close to the toilet/shower block. A very scenic site with a beautiful lake and great facilities including a clean shower block, a farm shop as you drive in which was plentifully stocked, a cafe serving hot and cold food all day, a bar on the evening and a it's own pizza hut. I bought food from both the cafe and pizza hut which was great. At the bottom of the site there is a beautiful fishing lake. There is a children's play area at the top of site. There are also teepees and bell tents to hire. Everyone seemed very happy and quickly made new friends.

I will definitely be returning to this site!

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Richardcoleman211 2 reviews from this member

Me and my family of 4 had such a great time staff couldn't do enough for us the park and its facilities are spotless the walks was lovely in the area. We would highly recommend this park to anyone Thank you for our lovley stay

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: JoBugCamper 1 review from this member

I made an enquiry on Hopyard Farm's website on Wednesday afternoon as to availability for Fri 1st/Sat 2nd July, I received a reply back from Philip by email just before 11pm. I confirmed during the day on Thursday. On arrival we were greeted by Wendy and Philip and Wendy walked me up to our pitch. It is a beautiful spot, all centred around a small fishing lake with views to Bredon Hills to one side and the Malverns to another. We walked to The Oak Inn at Defford for lunch on the Saturday, calling in to Revills Farm Shop on way back to the site to buy a selection of cheeses. The facilities are fairly basic but acceptable for a short break and the shower was hot. As previously mentioned the facilities are all near the reception at the front entrance so a little bit of a walk for everyone. But I would definitely recommend this site for its location and the owners.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Dad1uk 29 reviews from this member

First visit to Hopleys, wont be our last.

We went for three nights (Thu to Sun).

The site was almost deserted when we arrived on Thursday afternoon. Our designated pitch was almost in the middle of the site.

It was what I call a half and half pitch, half grass and half hard standing with EHU. Unfortunately the grass was quite badly rutted with tyre damage.

As previously mentioned the entrance to the site goes past the Farm shop (which is excellent!) and looks a bit untidy but once on the site it is much better.

The site is stepped down away from the offices. The top area seems just for caravans and is very sheltered, but go down the track from here and the site opens up.

There are four Yurts on decking which look fun if that's what takes your fancy.

At the bottom of the site are two ponds, one for fishing and one is a nature area.

Towards the bottom of the site they are building a new facilities block, which is desperately needed.

The Portacabins are barely adequate! The steps into them are very steep and the size of the WC is very small for a large gent like myself.

The facility block by the offices are excellent but a bit off a jaunt up hill.

The Pizza's were excellent, and heard good comments about the cafe but didn't use it ourselves.

It is a huge site, and I feel the Toilet/Showers would be struggling to cope if full.

There is plenty of room especially if you don't require EHU.

As said we will be returning.

Previous     135 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Worcestershire   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more