Visitor Reviews - Hirdre Fawr Farm

Tudweiliog
Morfa Nefyn
Pwllheli
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL53 8YY   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 1m  1m  1m   5m

Open: April To October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  38 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Reviewer: Fudgybrown 6 reviews from this member

This site is excellent, it had everything we wanted and was ideal for a family holiday.

We camped in the large camping field bounded by hedges on three sides. The right hand side of the field running alongside of the road has electric hookups. The road was quiet at night so I donít suppose traffic noise would be any problem. We didnít need electric and so we camped in the far left hand corner. This side of the field does not have a hedge and being only a short distance to the sea the wind blew from this direction, but the ground was firm and held the pegs well even in the gale force winds we endured for some of the time. The kids had a great time flying a kite. They really enjoyed the huge area in the middle of the field. They could run, play football and generally have a good time without disturbing other campers. There was also a play area with swings and climbing frame and a small football pitch - both were very popular. There is a newly laid track to the small beach near the campsite which apparently has seals. But having two young kids we didnít walk down the path to the beach itself and no sign of seals, they probably gone to eat some fish! Another good thing is the dark skies at night. Ideal for stargazing and when we were there the space station shone brightly as it wizzed across the heavens.

The facilities were excellent and kept really clean. The showers were good and lasted long enough for me and my son to shower on one 50p. My wife and daughter reported the same. Yes it would be good at peak times if there were more toilets but that is the same wherever you go. There were plenty of freezer and fridges but freezers needed a bit of defrosting. Nice hot water for washing up.

The nearest shop and pub are in Tudweiliog which is exactly a mile away. The pub does excellent food and was very popular. There is also a great shop attached to the petrol station in Morfa Nefyn. The pork and leek sausages were great.

The local area has plenty of beaches. The best in our opinion is at Aberdaron about a twenty minute drive. Nice sandy beach and a pretty little village. Suited us as kids are young and the beach kept them busy all day.

Reviewer: Jess2107 3 reviews from this member

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

Me and my partner stayed here for a week during the bank holiday with our 2 dogs.

The pitches are around 9m wide which was lovely not to be squashed in like sardines.

The showers were 50p for around 8 minutes, always kept clean and mop buckets provided to mop excess water up after youv finished. Always stocked up with toilet roll in the toilets and you were never queing to use them.

On the day we arrived there was a barn dance for the air ambulance which we enjoyed. Would recommend the owners to do more things like this.

The private beach is a short walk/drive away and we saw the seals every single day we were there, on our lastday we caught them sun bathing on the rocks which was beautiful to see.

Heard someone had complained about the neighbours next door being too noisy, they wernt too noisy for us, just normal happy campers with kids and friends, people should stick to hotels if their gunna moan about a bit of noise, tents are only made from fabric.

Little shop about 5mins away and supermarkets are 15 minutes away. Plenty of other beaches to drive to too. In the wash room their were plenty of leaflets for things to do and places to visit.

My only moan. I was so annoyed at this. I took my large cooler box ice pack and a couple of smaller ones to the freezer, I put them in a a bag and hid them under everyones food so they wernt in the way. The next day when I came to use them, some idiot decided to take my ice packs out and leave them on the side so they could stuff more manky food in. I'm presuming it was the caravanners who thought they owned the place. Get a grip and don't be peevish. 3 ice blocks for 24 hours wasn't hurting anything!

Would defo use the campsite again but probably when the conifer trees have grown bigger, during the last 2 nights my tent and canopy got battered from the 40mph winds we had due to no proper shelter for the field. This was the only downside to my holiday. Other than those 2 things, I did really enjoy it.

Thanks for our stay! :)

Reviewer: JW74 1 review from this member

Brilliant site, lovely spot. We spent a 10-day family holiday at Hirdre Fawr with kids age 8, 6, 3. The thoughtful, friendly owners have a real feel for what makes a good camping hol. Lots of space, facilities excellent. Play area and kickabout field great for kids, just the sort of hub you want for them to make new friends. We'll be back.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Nins1982 3 reviews from this member

Just come back from a long weekend spent here with family. I had previously emailed the site owner a number of times pre-arrival requesting certain specifications - was delighted when I arrived to find that they had accommodated all.

The camp site is spacious and well maintained; as I like, the middle of the field is kept clear rather than used to fill. The bathing / laundry facilities were satisfactory with ample of time given for the 50p cost of the shower. One of the perks of this site is the fact that they have their very own access to a private beach (around 20 minute level walk away). We went down to this coast line on 3 occasions and were fortunate to catch sight of the seals twice. From here, if you are a fan of the Wales Coastal Path like us then you will be in your element with the choice of walks that can be accessed from this point.

The site is remote and you will almost certainly need a car to travel to the local shop, pub or restaurant - all of which we visited and were impressed with the quality of food and provisions etc. Albeit a little out of the way, this site is perfect for visiting a number of tourist locations within a short distance i. E Aberdaron, Whistling Sands, Porth Dinllaen, Morfa Nefyn, Nefyn etc.

Generally, I would certainly reccomend this site to fellow campers!

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Janpeyton 7 reviews from this member

We had a lovely stay at this site. The pitches are really big and well kept. We found it was quiet and peaceful. The owner met us on arrival and was helpful in giving us information about the area. As others have mentioned the walk down to the sea via the fields is great. We also saw the seals and if you wanted you could join the coastal path and walk for miles.

The facilities were good. The 50p shower gave me ample time.

There is a pub within walking distance which was friendly with excellent food, however the site is remote and I would say a car is needed.

I would recommend the site to others especially familyies as the playground and fields would be ideal.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Emmaj5 1 review from this member

This is our fourth year of camping, we get away roughly 4 times a year and have stayed at some lovely sites but this is the first time we have loved a site so much that we want to return.

We have 4 children 14, 7 and twins at 4. We were in a tent with no electric, the pitch sizes are lovely and big and are round the edge of a huge field so you can spread forward as much as you want. The field is lovely and flat, it's the first time we have camped without the milk carton sliding down the table! The facilities were clean, in the washing up room there are large fridges and freezers for you to keep food/ice packs in and a washer and dryer. There is also a mirror on the wall with plug sockets next to it for hair dryers and straighteners! I love that bit! The play area is great, lovely spacious area for football where they can give it a good boot and not annoy anyone! Also swings and climbing frames which my younger ones loved. Annwen, the owner, was very welcoming and gave us tips on where to go and recommended

The walk down to the sea for a 90 percent chance of seeing the seals. We decided to go on this walk, we set off in crocs knowing it would be muddy, didn't want to ruin our shoes and forgot the wellies! We trekked down the dirt track and across a muddy field, then down a steep bit to the beach. It was an adventure and the kids loved it and thought losing crocs in the mud was funny! After about 20 mins of being on the beach we spotted the seals. There were 5 of them and they stayed for ages diving under the sea and coming back up to watch us, it was amazing and made the trek totally worthwhile. Abersoch is only a 20 minute drive and we had a lovely day out there in the town and on the beach. The site has 360 degree views of beautiful mountains and sea. On the last evening we sat outside our tent and watched the sun go down with the sun reflecting off the sea, the perfect finish. We chose this site because of the excellent reviews and I think sometimes this sets you off with high expectations which are hard to achieve. But as I said, we loved it and will definitely be returning.

Previous     38 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

Start the season with a trip to the Northís biggest outdoor leisure show. Win 10 pairs of tickets or claim discount entry