Visitor Reviews - Meadowfield Gardens Camp Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Nottinghamshire > Site Reviews

Meadowfield Gardens Camp Site
Fiskerton Road
Rolleston
Southwell
Nottinghamshire   (Browse area)
NG23 5SJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 07710267969  or  07812353622

1m  1m  1m 1m  1m  1m   1m  1m

Pitches: 20+
Open: March - October

Reviews:  29 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: 802033121 1 review from this member

I went up to fiskerton fishing on the river trent and stayed at This site for 3days. When I arrived there was only 1couple in a Caravan so I thought this is nice so I put up my bivvy (tent) in Camping terms.

There was so much room it was lovely, the Gardner had just Mowed the grass, it was nice and flat, so I went down the river for a couple of hours then back to bed.

Woke up on the Saturday went to the river when I got back there Was a group of adults with children, it was nice to hear a few voices.

Back down the River on the Sunday and when I returned early evening Everyone had gone so I had the site to myself.

All in all a very clean and tidy campsite with drinking water, toilets, and Shower which is payable, maybe if it was to get very busy you would need More than one toilet each, but I will be back soon.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jaybee52 4 reviews from this member

I have been cycle camping at this site now for 5 years at least twice a year. On my visit on 16 June 14 To my surprise I found it under new ownership and a different system.

I was aware it was up for sale

At the entrance a large noticeboard displays two mobile numbers which when called gave a request for a message to be left and will then call back. I therefore did not know what to do and was pleased it was not raining

Eventually the new owner Alan for just a month called me and came in few minutes a very friendly helpful chap and I soon pitched my Banshee tent.

A new helpful improvement are the many new picnic tables which I found an asset for my cooking and comfort.

In future I will contact and make arrangements before arriving

A couple of suggestions hooks in the toilet and better steps to enter and leave especially when dark

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bushy407643 1 review from this member

This was perfect campsite. The reason for coming here was my wife was on a course up here so handy for me to come as we both had the following week off. The site is only 15 mins from newark town centre. Which has most supper markets except tescos. The new owners are very friendly and helpful. The campsite is very quiet and has about 8 hookups two toilets and a shower which is 1 pound and last about five minutes. The shower takes only pounds and twenty pence coins. We were camping and site is ideal for tents. It rained every day we were here and it did not effect us as there is plenty of things to do in this area. We had a pleasant stay and we will most definitely be coming back. And recommend this site to friends and family. Thank to Fred and Rose for a wonderful week on your camp site. Mr and Mrs Bush and our dogs

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Carola1wine 1 review from this member

I stayed on this campsite from November through to march. We were on hard standing so the weather didn't bother us. We went every weekend and loved it. There is plenty of room around you with apple trees but secluded if you wanted it. You can go in any direction and find something to do. I would recommend this site and I would certainly go back

Date of Visit: February 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: BobnJoe 1 review from this member

Just returned from a long weekend at Meadowfield and loved it.

The location is great, we visited both Southwell and Newark.

They have toilets and a shower which for a site of this size is unusual. Both the toilets and shower were more than adequate and very clean.

To say how much rain we have had recently the site was in very good condition.

On arrival the owner I think showed us to our pitch, he was very helpful and polite. We even had our own litter bin put by our van.

Will certainly return again in the summer when the weather is nicer.

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Auntyange 4 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a week at Meadowfield Gardens and we have mixed feelings about the site.

The area is good, only a few minutes to Newark or Southwold and the Waggon & Horses Pub at Halam was absolutely great for food and very friendly.

The site has a lot of potential and lots of space although there is no children's play area, we didn't find that the trains were too intrusive and the water and electric were very convenient for the hard-standings but the site is up for sale and has been it would seem since August 2012. From the pictures it looks like it was great in its prime, now it is just neglected.

The ground was well drained and mud was not a problem even with the heavy rain which arrived with the St Jude Storm while we were there.

There had been a rally on over the previous week with over 20 caravans there which was not a problem for us but what was horrible was that the toilets and shower were not cleaned from the Sunday they left until the Saturday after when we left. The small toilet block (a gents, a ladies and a shower) would have been adequate and I didn't even mind taking my own toilet roll which I have never had to do in ten years caravanning but it was very dirty - I won't go into details someone may be eating.

We prefer to use the showers on site rather than the van but there was no way I was showering in there, it was dark and dingy and dirty.

The rubbish from the rally was piled up around the bins as they were full from the Sunday to the following Saturday too.

The wild life pond is completely overgrown with what looks like Yellow Flag Iris and there is no water visible at all, the borders between the greenhouses and the grass near the hard standings are overgrown and full of grass and the greenhouses themselves need quite a bit of glass replacing and tidying up. Its a great shame as like I said earlier the site has great potential.

The site manager showed us to our pitch and seemed nice enough but I felt that it would not have taken long to have done a bit of weeding on the hard standings and pinned the black membrane back down and to have tidied the rubbish away from the Rally. I don't know who was responsible for the cleaning of the toilet block

We were the only touring caravan on there from the Sunday to the Saturday aside from a motorhome that came in in the dark one evening and left early the next morning and it made us feel like we weren't enough to clean toilets/move rubbish for.

Previous     29 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Nottinghamshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers