Visitor Reviews - Meadowfield Gardens Camp Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Nottinghamshire > Site Reviews

Meadowfield Gardens Camp Site
Fiskerton Road
Rolleston
Southwell
Nottinghamshire   (Browse area)
NG23 5SJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 07710267969

1m  1m  1m 1m  1m  1m   1m  1m

Pitches: 20+
Open: March - October

Reviews:  30 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: G field 1 review from this member

First time to this site. Easy to find. If you want quiet a basic site this worked for us. Our friends turned up late Friday evening the owner made sure that they could get on site by telling the other campers to move over. The owner was very friendly and very helpful, he came round to make sure all was well, and yes we shall come back again

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: 802033121 1 review from this member

I went up to fiskerton fishing on the river trent and stayed at This site for 3days. When I arrived there was only 1couple in a Caravan so I thought this is nice so I put up my bivvy (tent) in Camping terms.

There was so much room it was lovely, the Gardner had just Mowed the grass, it was nice and flat, so I went down the river for a couple of hours then back to bed.

Woke up on the Saturday went to the river when I got back there Was a group of adults with children, it was nice to hear a few voices.

Back down the River on the Sunday and when I returned early evening Everyone had gone so I had the site to myself.

All in all a very clean and tidy campsite with drinking water, toilets, and Shower which is payable, maybe if it was to get very busy you would need More than one toilet each, but I will be back soon.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jaybee52 4 reviews from this member

I have been cycle camping at this site now for 5 years at least twice a year. On my visit on 16 June 14 To my surprise I found it under new ownership and a different system.

I was aware it was up for sale

At the entrance a large noticeboard displays two mobile numbers which when called gave a request for a message to be left and will then call back. I therefore did not know what to do and was pleased it was not raining

Eventually the new owner Alan for just a month called me and came in few minutes a very friendly helpful chap and I soon pitched my Banshee tent.

A new helpful improvement are the many new picnic tables which I found an asset for my cooking and comfort.

In future I will contact and make arrangements before arriving

A couple of suggestions hooks in the toilet and better steps to enter and leave especially when dark

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bushy407643 1 review from this member

This was perfect campsite. The reason for coming here was my wife was on a course up here so handy for me to come as we both had the following week off. The site is only 15 mins from newark town centre. Which has most supper markets except tescos. The new owners are very friendly and helpful. The campsite is very quiet and has about 8 hookups two toilets and a shower which is 1 pound and last about five minutes. The shower takes only pounds and twenty pence coins. We were camping and site is ideal for tents. It rained every day we were here and it did not effect us as there is plenty of things to do in this area. We had a pleasant stay and we will most definitely be coming back. And recommend this site to friends and family. Thank to Fred and Rose for a wonderful week on your camp site. Mr and Mrs Bush and our dogs

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Carola1wine 1 review from this member

I stayed on this campsite from November through to march. We were on hard standing so the weather didn't bother us. We went every weekend and loved it. There is plenty of room around you with apple trees but secluded if you wanted it. You can go in any direction and find something to do. I would recommend this site and I would certainly go back

Date of Visit: February 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: BobnJoe 1 review from this member

Just returned from a long weekend at Meadowfield and loved it.

The location is great, we visited both Southwell and Newark.

They have toilets and a shower which for a site of this size is unusual. Both the toilets and shower were more than adequate and very clean.

To say how much rain we have had recently the site was in very good condition.

On arrival the owner I think showed us to our pitch, he was very helpful and polite. We even had our own litter bin put by our van.

Will certainly return again in the summer when the weather is nicer.

Previous     30 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Nottinghamshire   -   Search for a site

Win a KAMEI Husky L Roof Box Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally and Camping Weekend 4th to 5th July
HURRY Advanced booking now open - 3 nights camping in any unit, and admission to rally all weekend