Visitor Reviews - Lower Heights Farm Certificated Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > West Yorkshire > Site Reviews

Lower Heights Farm Certificated Site
Silsden
Keighley
West Yorkshire   (Browse area)
BD20 9HW   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  1m 5m   1m  1m

Open: April To November

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting. It is a member only site - you may be able to join on arrival - please check direct with the site.

Reviews:  17 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin £200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Bestyman 42 reviews from this member

We have just returned from an enjoyable weekend here.

Location is 1. 5 miles from centre of Silsden, here you find 4 pubs, supermarket and shops etc. Taxis are available if you don't want to walk back up the hill.

At the site the view is amazing, you can see for miles. Pitches are not marked out as such so you can pitch where you like for the best view. Some areas grass some stone. EHU points everywhere.

The site has toilets and a shower which were well maintained and clean. Shower is 50p token so remember to buy on arrival if needed. There are bins with recycling, TV and 4g signal good

For a site with so many facilities and a good location, we were supervised that the cost was only £12 for 2 adults and a dog. Electric is on a meter but this amounts to pennies, mainly battery charger in our case.

Owner was friendly and helpful. We were told no set departure time.

As the name says, it is a farm. Tractors, chickens, the farm dog and even the cockerel didn't bother us at all, in fact it was nice to stay on a real farm rather than a concrete site.

We would happily stay here again.

Date of Visit: February 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jrayner 13 reviews from this member

Plus-points as in previous reviews. Nice views (apart from building rubble dumped smack dab in the foreground - perhaps this will be moved before the season is in full swing? ), dog- friendly, good for walking in the area, pleasant owners.

However, the toilet / shower block had clearly not been cleaned at all since the last campers left at the end of the summer, nor was it touched at all for the week of my stay. The waste bins were full, the one toilet roll that was left was damp, the hand wash was empty, the hand dryer did not work, there were dead leaves and a few pieces of litter on the floors of the toilets and shower, and the toilets were not at all clean. It was also freezing.

I also had to move several large piles of dog mess off the pitch before I could put up my awning. I understand that this is a working farm and someone's home and their dog has to do what dogs do, but I did think they might have checked for this when someone was booked in to stay.

I only paid £10 a night, which is good value, and I was the only person staying, apart from one permanent pitch and two caravans that came for one overnight, but even so, I would have expected clean facilities, particularly as this is a Camping and Caravanning Club site. This really let the site down for me.

'Hard-standing' was a bit of mixed gravel and grass next to the hedge. After a very wet winter it was also extremely soft and muddy - not really sure it qualified as hard standing!

I would probably return, but not until cleanliness is improved.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Firstclass67 38 reviews from this member

We've just returned from three very pleasant nights at this site, and as it hasn't been reviewed for a while, I thought I'd add one.

We had a very friendly welcome from the farmer, who helped us choose a pitch and explained about the electric. We were lucky enough to find a point with £1. 54 credit, and we didn't use it all.

He advised against the field, as it has been wet, but I did see a couple of people who had braved it. We chose a hardstanding pitch next to the hedge, with a fabulous view over the valley.

The loo block was spotlessly clean and is obviously well looked after, loo roll provided. I can't comment on the shower, as I didn't have one.

There is now an Aldi in Silsden, for those who prefer not to pay co-op prices.

We spent one day in Skipton, which is a short and very easy drive away. We enjoyed the castle, and I recommend the home made cakes in the tea room. We had a lovely wander around the market, the charity shops (of which there are hundreds) and also a short walk along a walkway below the castle between the river and the canal.

We had some really nice walks from the site itself as there are lots of footpaths that go directly from the site. I like to go geocaching and there are some to find very close by.

It is very dog friendly and our dog enjoyed it as much as we did.

It was very quiet at night, and as I said the views are wonderful. And all for just £12 a night.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jondy376 40 reviews from this member

We received a warm welcome and told us to take our pick of the pitches. We had a lovely view down the valley towards Silsden and Keighley we had a couple of good walks to Addingham low Moor and down into Silsden. The facilities were kept ok and the Electric was on a card and not that expensive. We would go back they say the walk to skipton along the canal is beautiful

Reviewer: Jophil 1 review from this member

Friendly owners, nice location great facilities.

The electic hook up is available cards priced at £1, £5 is very good value for monkey, put in £1, charged phones used ipad and didn't use much credit, its a, 5 min drive into silsden, quite a few pubs, coop open till late.

Toilet block looks newly done, very clean.

Cant find any faults really. Great value great stunning views.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tomotalie 1 review from this member

What a great weekend! 14 of us tents, campers event shelter all set up. Owner was lovely made us feel most welcome, nice little toilet block and wash up area. Lovely scenery nice quiet pitch. Not much around but we didn't go for that. Great price and booked again to go in a few week, all in all great :-)

Previous     17 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in West Yorkshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzzwing Tilting and Folding 4 Bike Rack 5 pairs of Weekend Camping Tickets for the UK Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 18 - 21 August 2017
East Yorkshire - the world’s biggest tribute band music festival, discounted tickets too ...more