Visitor Reviews - Lower Heights Farm

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > West Yorkshire > Site Reviews

Lower Heights Farm
Silsden
Keighley
West Yorkshire   (Browse area)
BD20 9HW   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m 5m   5m  1m  1m

Reviews:  15 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
Win £100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: February 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jrayner 13 reviews from this member

Plus-points as in previous reviews. Nice views (apart from building rubble dumped smack dab in the foreground - perhaps this will be moved before the season is in full swing? ), dog- friendly, good for walking in the area, pleasant owners.

However, the toilet / shower block had clearly not been cleaned at all since the last campers left at the end of the summer, nor was it touched at all for the week of my stay. The waste bins were full, the one toilet roll that was left was damp, the hand wash was empty, the hand dryer did not work, there were dead leaves and a few pieces of litter on the floors of the toilets and shower, and the toilets were not at all clean. It was also freezing.

I also had to move several large piles of dog mess off the pitch before I could put up my awning. I understand that this is a working farm and someone's home and their dog has to do what dogs do, but I did think they might have checked for this when someone was booked in to stay.

I only paid £10 a night, which is good value, and I was the only person staying, apart from one permanent pitch and two caravans that came for one overnight, but even so, I would have expected clean facilities, particularly as this is a Camping and Caravanning Club site. This really let the site down for me.

'Hard-standing' was a bit of mixed gravel and grass next to the hedge. After a very wet winter it was also extremely soft and muddy - not really sure it qualified as hard standing!

I would probably return, but not until cleanliness is improved.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Firstclass67 37 reviews from this member

We've just returned from three very pleasant nights at this site, and as it hasn't been reviewed for a while, I thought I'd add one.

We had a very friendly welcome from the farmer, who helped us choose a pitch and explained about the electric. We were lucky enough to find a point with £1. 54 credit, and we didn't use it all.

He advised against the field, as it has been wet, but I did see a couple of people who had braved it. We chose a hardstanding pitch next to the hedge, with a fabulous view over the valley.

The loo block was spotlessly clean and is obviously well looked after, loo roll provided. I can't comment on the shower, as I didn't have one.

There is now an Aldi in Silsden, for those who prefer not to pay co-op prices.

We spent one day in Skipton, which is a short and very easy drive away. We enjoyed the castle, and I recommend the home made cakes in the tea room. We had a lovely wander around the market, the charity shops (of which there are hundreds) and also a short walk along a walkway below the castle between the river and the canal.

We had some really nice walks from the site itself as there are lots of footpaths that go directly from the site. I like to go geocaching and there are some to find very close by.

It is very dog friendly and our dog enjoyed it as much as we did.

It was very quiet at night, and as I said the views are wonderful. And all for just £12 a night.

Reviewer: Jophil 1 review from this member

Friendly owners, nice location great facilities.

The electic hook up is available cards priced at £1, £5 is very good value for monkey, put in £1, charged phones used ipad and didn't use much credit, its a, 5 min drive into silsden, quite a few pubs, coop open till late.

Toilet block looks newly done, very clean.

Cant find any faults really. Great value great stunning views.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tomotalie 1 review from this member

What a great weekend! 14 of us tents, campers event shelter all set up. Owner was lovely made us feel most welcome, nice little toilet block and wash up area. Lovely scenery nice quiet pitch. Not much around but we didn't go for that. Great price and booked again to go in a few week, all in all great :-)

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Davegrainger 1 review from this member

Wonderful peaceful location with outstanding views and genuine down to earth great hosts.

The site is a doddle to get to via the A59 from the North or A65 and A629 from the South. We came in from the North and surprising how close such beauty is to the A59

Easy entrance access up a long straight drive to hard standing or grass.

I have an 8 metre motorhome and could get in easily and one camper had a 9 metre American Rv plus a car on the back.

The grassed pitch area is quite unique as you can park as close or as far away as you like along a straight easy access run. Some parked 20 metres plus away.

Electric via card which is very cheap but we didn't need it.

Showers/ toilets were being renovated and looked soon to be finished to a good standard. Very clean

Plenty of space to walk dogs without going near the farm. The owners have a sheepdog which is friendly and always happy to see you

The farmhouse has an annexe cottage with wonderful views that it rents out and worth a thought if you need extra space for friends etc.

Very pleasant run into Skipton (market day Friday) with plenty of free parking on the outskirts for Motorhomes plus a Tesco superstore on the way in.

Ilkley well worth a visit also.

Nice long hill down to Silsden (1. 5miles or possibly less)

There is a taxi office at the bottom of the hill (on left next to the butchers)that will run you back up the hill for £4 (worth every penny after a beer or two) and they will take the dogs as well !

Silsden has a Coop with a few other shops and a good real ale pub plus the usual take aways.

I spoke to two other campers and they mentioned returning as they enjoyed it so much.

The site really does benefit from great views, peaceful idyllic settings and laid back great hosts.

Very hard to beat this type of site for the price if you want peace and tranquility yet close to Skipton, Ilkley etc.

And above all, our two sausage dogs loved it !

Enjoy it

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Hmv4u 28 reviews from this member

The farm is at the top of horn road, having had a look on google maps the approach roads are a bit narrow in places so decided that the more direct shorter route up horn lane from silsden might be better, which it was till we met another vehicle and the caravan wheel briefly went down a ditch but no harm done. The farm entrance is slightly narrower than it could be but once in there is a long concreted road to the pitches.

We were given the choice of pitches with some being on card meter £1, £5, etc, at £12 or none metered which I think were £13, anyway we plumped for the metered one and 2 x £1 cards which with the 90p already left on lasted us the fri-sun although we didn't really have the heating on.

Owners were very friendly and obliging. The views are tremendous. The single toilet and separate shower were clean and tidy, if a bit rustic, the shower is a 50p token and lasts about 5 mins. The elsan looks a bit decrepit but is functional and doesn't smell. Water pressure good. Satellite signal good. Wind can be strong I'm told. Most pitches are grass but a few are hard standing. Noise wise mostly quiet with country animals occasionally making themselves heard. Overall good for the money

Previous     15 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in West Yorkshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Festival Starter Package Win a BioLite CampStove and USB Charger!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival, East Yorkshire - 18th to 21st August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival and an amazing fun weekend for all the family. Find out more, claim 10% discount or win tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016