Visitor Reviews - Blossom Park Abergavenny

Tredilion Llantilo
Pertholey
Abergavenny
Monmouthshire   (Browse area)
NP7 8BG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 07802 60 50 50

1m  1m  1m 10m  1m   1m  5m  5m

Open: 1st Until October 31st

Reviews:  48 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: ELECTRO 1 review from this member

Ok my names robbie [for your records james, me and mum loved the site and stay keep it up be back soon] ive just come home from this site and wow what a lovely place to stay and area. The owner james was so polite and helpful I really cant praise him enough he really does make sure your happy, I didn't get the chance to meet the family but guessing that they must be lovely too prices are very reasonable. This was our first time in a tourer in over 20 years so I was unsure how things worked site side but was all fine. There are some seasonal campers but they are lovely although some leave their caravans there. We chatted to a gent and his good lady though I have forgotten their names but they spoke highly of james too and its obvious I WILL be back if he will have us back lol. The town is 5 min drive away and parking is super cheap, we paid 1. 50 for 3 hours, and there's lots to see like the market and a tesco metro, b and m and poundland and a few designer shops to name a small few. The site has no clubhouse [not an issue for us] and is more for the quiet type holiday maker who doesn't like noise. I laid outside my caravan with my mp3 player and fell asleep as was so quiet, I didn't plan on that lol. You pay 20p I believe to fill your bowl to wash the dishes if you take them to the cleaning area and this goes to marie curie and you pay 50p for the shower 5 mins I believe and that's more than enough though. I must say how clean and well kept the laundry and shower/toilet area is along with the site

I'll be back soon. Thanks for a lovely time and having us and of course all the directions.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Hilary C 22 reviews from this member

A lovely site in every way and adult only apart from the Grandchildren of those using the seasonal pitches. The cost is very reasonable as initially all you pay for is the pitch which was only 15 per night. Jim the site owner then comes along and reads the electric meter and puts money on it and takes the reading and reads it again when you leave, all it cost us was 2. 40 for two nights electric. The showers, toilets and washbasins were spotless and nice and warm. You pay 50p for a shower for 5 minutes and 50p to use the hairdryer. The washing up facility was a bit of a pain as you pay 20p per shot of hot water and the first time I used it I used 20p just waiting for it to get hot so it cost me 40p the next time I used the other sink and got away with 20p but even paying these extras it was still cheaper than many other sites we have stayed on. Our pitch was hard standing with it's own fresh water supply and grey water disposal. The pitches are fairly close together but it's all very nicely laid out and the view of Sugar Loaf Mountain was very nice. Nearby is Wernndu Golf Course which looked very good. Also nearby is Abergavenny and if you take the B4246 to Blaenavon where you will find the Big Pit on the journey there you will see the most amazing scenery, it's like being on top of the world at Pen-Ffordd-Goch Pond where you can park up. The day we left our grey water pipe broke and Jim and one of the seasonal pitch holders helped out with tools, gaffer tape and pipe to make a temporary repair.

Date of Visit: March 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Baggiecamper 1 review from this member

I decided to visit this site at the last minute.

It was perfect for my needs, I travelled alone.

I like a site that allows camp fires, has interesting bike rides locally, is not too regimented and is quiet.

Facilities were excellent. Showers cost 50p and the electricity was very economical for a small tourer. It cost just over 1 per day including my cooking and heating in fairly cold weather. The pitch price was reasonable too, with an over 50's concession.

The site was about half full of seasonally pitched caravans. Being early season, not many owners were on site, although quite a few turned up on Good Friday, the day I left.

I get the impression the owner, who was very friendly, welcoming and helpful, is aiming to have mainly seasonally pitched visitors with not too many children.

I definitely recommend this site and will be returning.

Blaenavon is about 20 minutes drive away and the World Heritage Sites are well worth a visit.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Webby1 2 reviews from this member

Spent 3 nights here and the weather was fantastic. The site is a former orchard and pitches devided by pear trees which were about 3 weeks away from being ripe. The plum trees however were full of delicious fruit which the owner James invited us to help ourselves. We took our bikes and cycled in Abergavenny and found the old railway line which runs parallel with the canal. Very hilly for cycling however. We also went to Sugar Loaf vinyard which was lovely but the road extremely narrow to get there and not really suited for motorhomes as there are no passing places. Jim the owner was very helpful and always available. There are a lot of seasonal pitches and the site was deserted whilst we were there. We liked the fact that the electric hook up was on a meter as we didn't need to use it, Jim advised us that 2 would be ample for 3 nights had we wished to use it. The shower block was good and the site has only been open 2 years. The pitch charge was 12 per night which puts the club sites to shame

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: NannyP 4 reviews from this member

Stayed 11th to 13th July for two nights. Booked two pitches one for our caravan and the second for sons tent. So in total 4 adults and three children all under five. Pitches were right next to each and other quite spacious.

Yes you do pay for electricity we used just under 2 so pretty good value.

Toilet/shower block was very clean, shower had shower curtain and hooks for clothing with plenty of room. Including a disabled/family shower section. Showers were 50p for 5 mins and there was a cost for the hairdryer.

Even though you are quite close to Abergavenny (not really walking distance)it is very peaceful, pitches we found were quite even. There is no designated play area for children at this present time but ours rode their bikes (though a bit difficult on gravel), played with their ball, scooter and with each other so enjoyed themselves (it helped that the weather behaved LOL). Children also enjoyed taking the dog for a walk with my five year old grandson enjoying the maze (fruit trees were diaganal).

Overall a very relaxing time, other guest were friendly and spoke with the owner being quite friendly and helpful.

Quite a few seasonal pitches and I can understand why.

We chose this site due to its closeness to NH hospital (granddaughter is a prem born at 24 weeks, though she is now 1 mostly okay but if needed hospital close by and close to home)and this is the first time for her to camp (she's hooked as is her 3 year old sister).

Yes I would recommend and would return.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Sirhowyward 1 review from this member

Me and my husband stayed here on may 30th for 2 nights. Will defo go back. Lovely clean site. The owners brilliant and very helpful even let us leave our van there while we went to boot sale. About 10mins walk went to wern de golf club and had meal which was very nice. Showers lovely and clean 50 pence for 4 mins.

Previous     48 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Monmouthshire   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO 'POP' Quick Erect 2 Berth Tent Win a Dog Bag Pop Up Fabric Kennel

UKCS Meet Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show, Newark - 2nd to 4th September
Weekend Campers and day visitors will see a huge range of motorhomes, caravans, as well as accessories and consumables

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016