Visitor Reviews - Cumberlands Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Inverness-Shire > Site Reviews

Cumberlands Campsite
Glendoe Road
Fort Augustus
Inverness-Shire   (Browse area)
PH32 4BG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 5m  5m  1m  5m  1m   5m  1m  1m

Open: April To October

Reviews:  33 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Dgib 2 reviews from this member

Went into cumberlands in the off chance of a space, the previous a few miles north didn't accept tourers rather have empty site and worked in our favour. Warm welcome from a older gent (mr cumberland??) Great price, great facilities (toilets, showers, bar, restaurant) welcoming staff and well maintained site just off main road in fort Augustus, will recommend to anyone and will definitely return when in the area! 10/10.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: DaveG60 14 reviews from this member

Large site close to Fort Augustus. Large clean toilet and shower block. Had meal and drinks in bar which is very convenient although pricey. Some noise from road which runs above the pitches.

Fort Augustus is a tourist honeypot but one can spend a pleasant evening watching boats go through the locks on the Caledonian canal. Lots of eating and drinking places try the RichmondHouse hotel.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Wilbur 4 2 reviews from this member

This was our first visit for over a year to a site we had enjoyed very much previously. There have been a few improvements since our last visit most notable is the bar and restuarant. We did visit the bar a couple of times but didn't try the food. To our delight the bar is dog friendly.

The staff were really friendly and we felt very welcome.

The site was quite busy but there never seemed to be a queue for the showers etc. Which were always spotless.

We wont be leaving it so long to our next visit.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: NEJane 8 reviews from this member

I visited this site last week, staying two nights. Normally I would be travelling with my wheelchair dependent husband, however, this trip was with our son. Our first impression was of a well laid out site, with a separate field for motorbikers/cyclists camping in tents. Also provided for them is a shelter, under which to park their motorbikes/cycles - something I've never seen before. In the big field is also a tent area for car travellers, and that is surrounded by hardstands for caravans, motorhomes and campervans. Unfortunately, having handled a wheelchair for many a year, I noted that the hardstands are gravel and that is a nightmare for wheelchair users and carers. On a plus side, each pitch is served by its own fresh water supply. The facilities are good but only three showers in each block - I can imagine the queues in the high season! For some reason, during our visit, every toilet seat in the ladies was loose and two of the handbasins did not drain very well. Also the plug came apart, in the basin I was using, when trying to drain it - a bit more maintenance could be applied, I think. I did note that all facilities have ramped access and that entry to the disabled facilities is gained by producing a Blue Badge. As my husband was not with me, I did not get to see what the facilities were like for the disabled visitor. Something I did not like though was the grey water drain, at the motorhome service point, also being used as the elsan disposal point. This didn't sit comfortably with me and I opted not to empty our loo where I had just drained our grey water tank. The bar/restaurant on site provides sit-in dining as well as a takeaway service. After a full day of walking, the two of us decided it would be treat to sit-in and have our fish and chips, rather than use the takeaway service. However, on checking the restaurant menu, we noted that it was going to cost 5 more each, to sit in (apparently a salad side dish is offered within the extra cost). Needless to say, we weren't prepared to pay an extra tenner to sit in a wooden building, on wooden furniture on a wooden floor when we could walk down the field and sit in the comfort of our cosy little campervan for a lot less, but minus the salad! That grump aside, we liked the site, the location and the easy access to busy Fort Augustus and would certainly recommend it to others.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jackie Ann 1 review from this member

My husband and I stayed at this campsite last year and loved it so much we came back again this year. The toilets are spotlessly clean and there is constant hot water in the shower. No extra charge for the shower which is great as you doin't need to keep feeding the meter with tokens. The grass is kept short and the camp pitch is as flat and smooth as a bowling green. The club house offers fantastic food and a variety of drinks all at a reasonable cost. The staff are very friendly and helpful as are the locals. Fort Augustus is a 5 min walk from the site and is a lovely village in a fantastic setting. The Caledonian canal runs through Fort Augustus into Loch Ness which is spectacular to watch the boats come through the ladder of 7 locks.

Reviewer: Declan Lawlor 2 reviews from this member

Our second night of the John O Groats Lands End challenge was spent here. Facilities were absolutely fantastic and the staff were very helpful. Lovely campsite and a beautiful part of Scotland. Thank you for allowing us to stay the night free of charge as we raised nearly 1000 for The Army Benevolent Fund.

Previous     33 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Inverness-Shire   -   Search for a site

Win tickets to Camperex 2016 (Liverpool) in January Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!