Visitor Reviews - Cumberlands Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Inverness-Shire > Site Reviews

Cumberlands Campsite
Glendoe Road
Fort Augustus
Inverness-Shire   (Browse area)
PH32 4BG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 5m  5m  1m  5m  1m   5m  1m  1m

Open: April To October

Reviews:  35 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Nick McP 9 reviews from this member

2nd time in a month I have stayed here, too much spare time on my hands.

Stayed again in a tent with motorbikes and used this as a base. Great roads for motorbikes.

Rained heavily on one evening so used the shelter to have a bbq and a couple of cans. Others had the same idea so a nice atmosphere.

As with my last comment in June, the bar and restaurant still weren't open which is disappointing. They said it would open from the 10th July.

Fort Augustus very pleasant, nice bar but basic food shopping facilities with only the petrol garage open for buying supplies. A tip, go to the butchers and have one of their haggis pies. Delicious.

Will be back again later this month on my bike again. I'll give it a higher score if the bar is open then.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Nick McP 9 reviews from this member

Usual pleasant stay at this campsite. Great facilities for motorbikes as there is a covered area that you can use. Only downside, the bar and restaurant were closed. With over 30 caravans/motor homes and 20 or so people camping + the lodge was full, they are losing a lot business

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Dgib 2 reviews from this member

Went into cumberlands in the off chance of a space, the previous a few miles north didn't accept tourers rather have empty site and worked in our favour. Warm welcome from a older gent (mr cumberland??) Great price, great facilities (toilets, showers, bar, restaurant) welcoming staff and well maintained site just off main road in fort Augustus, will recommend to anyone and will definitely return when in the area! 10/10.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: DaveG60 14 reviews from this member

Large site close to Fort Augustus. Large clean toilet and shower block. Had meal and drinks in bar which is very convenient although pricey. Some noise from road which runs above the pitches.

Fort Augustus is a tourist honeypot but one can spend a pleasant evening watching boats go through the locks on the Caledonian canal. Lots of eating and drinking places try the RichmondHouse hotel.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Wilbur 4 2 reviews from this member

This was our first visit for over a year to a site we had enjoyed very much previously. There have been a few improvements since our last visit most notable is the bar and restuarant. We did visit the bar a couple of times but didn't try the food. To our delight the bar is dog friendly.

The staff were really friendly and we felt very welcome.

The site was quite busy but there never seemed to be a queue for the showers etc. Which were always spotless.

We wont be leaving it so long to our next visit.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: NEJane 11 reviews from this member

I visited this site last week, staying two nights. Normally I would be travelling with my wheelchair dependent husband, however, this trip was with our son. Our first impression was of a well laid out site, with a separate field for motorbikers/cyclists camping in tents. Also provided for them is a shelter, under which to park their motorbikes/cycles - something I've never seen before. In the big field is also a tent area for car travellers, and that is surrounded by hardstands for caravans, motorhomes and campervans. Unfortunately, having handled a wheelchair for many a year, I noted that the hardstands are gravel and that is a nightmare for wheelchair users and carers. On a plus side, each pitch is served by its own fresh water supply. The facilities are good but only three showers in each block - I can imagine the queues in the high season! For some reason, during our visit, every toilet seat in the ladies was loose and two of the handbasins did not drain very well. Also the plug came apart, in the basin I was using, when trying to drain it - a bit more maintenance could be applied, I think. I did note that all facilities have ramped access and that entry to the disabled facilities is gained by producing a Blue Badge. As my husband was not with me, I did not get to see what the facilities were like for the disabled visitor. Something I did not like though was the grey water drain, at the motorhome service point, also being used as the elsan disposal point. This didn't sit comfortably with me and I opted not to empty our loo where I had just drained our grey water tank. The bar/restaurant on site provides sit-in dining as well as a takeaway service. After a full day of walking, the two of us decided it would be treat to sit-in and have our fish and chips, rather than use the takeaway service. However, on checking the restaurant menu, we noted that it was going to cost 5 more each, to sit in (apparently a salad side dish is offered within the extra cost). Needless to say, we weren't prepared to pay an extra tenner to sit in a wooden building, on wooden furniture on a wooden floor when we could walk down the field and sit in the comfort of our cosy little campervan for a lot less, but minus the salad! That grump aside, we liked the site, the location and the easy access to busy Fort Augustus and would certainly recommend it to others.

Previous     35 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Inverness-Shire   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO 'POP' Quick Erect 2 Berth Tent Win a Dog Bag Pop Up Fabric Kennel

UKCS Meet Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show, Newark - 2nd to 4th September
Weekend Campers and day visitors will see a huge range of motorhomes, caravans, as well as accessories and consumables

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016