Visitor Reviews - Beeches Farm Campsite

Miss Grace Lane
Tidenham Chase
Chepstow
Monmouthshire   (Browse area)
NP16 7JR   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 07791540016

5m  5m  5m 10m   5m  5m

Pitches: 25, 100 on bank holidays
Open: April To November

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting. It is a member only site - you may be able to join on arrival - please check direct with the site.

Reviews:  33 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin £200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Cat herine 1 review from this member

I enjoyed this campsite so much, I was back within a week. Brian, the owner, is absolutely lovely, a truly genuine person who can't do enough to make sure visitors have a great experience. The view is spectacular, wonderful walks straight from the site down to the river and Tintern Abbey, where there's a very nice pub. Perfect if, like me, you have a dog.

This is not a site where you're lined up like ducks in a row with six metres either side. It's spacious and beautifully laid out and each pitch has its own fire pit. I will be back!

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tulvander12 2 reviews from this member

I came at the beginning of April and I had an absolutely wonderful experience here. I came from Chepstow to do Offas Dyke and the owner of the campsite welcomed me with a warm smile. I had the place all to myself so I pitched up the tent overlooking the gorgeous Wye Valley. I only stayed for one night but the view and the starry sky, especially the sunset when I arrived! Breath-taking! The toilets were still blocked when I arrived but I still got to use the disabled toilet which was very clean.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Nemo-subrosa 3 reviews from this member

There is something quite special about this site.

Where to begin, the views are magnificent, overlooking a wide valley.

The site is spacious with plenty of room between you and your neighbour.

Chickens and the odd thieving squirrel wander around waiting for something to eat.

The location is close enough to Chepstow, the Forrest of Dean, and Offa´s Dyke for ease of visiting yet still deep in the countryside.

If you like a more pastoral style of camping then this could be the place for you.

Lastly, there is something delightfully quirky and eccentric about the owners. They have a friendly charm that is not born out of pecuniary advantage but a genuine desire to offer their best and a real interest in their customers.

All in all, this is my kind of place.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Cinamonsally 1 review from this member

Beautiful site, agree with all said below and returned again this year for a third visit. The view from 'Gods Window' is truly wonderful as are other spots on site. Tintern is a lovely place to visit and there are many great walks and pubs to be discovered. Food served on site was great too and it's always lovely to have roaring camp fire which is not commonly permitted on campsites.

Only downside was several people selfishly ignoring dogs on lead rule. We have a lovely rescue dog who unfortunately fears other dogs. I think its thoughtless and quite arrogant to ignore site rules like this. We would have had a much more relaxing time had there not been dogs running loose around our pitch.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: RichardJCB 7 reviews from this member

We were touring on our bicycles so the long approach on Miss Grace Lane had us wondering what awaited us at the end, especially as we had cycled from Cheddar, on the far side of Bristol! Happily we were knocked out by the view from the site, overlooking the Wye Valley. It really is a stunning location, and the lay-out with many fire-pits scattered across the site makes it a very unusual site these days. The washing facilities are also fairly 'rustic', which is in keeping with the overall feel of the site. While it was not especially busy when we were there, outside of the school holidays, I guess that it will get very busy at peak times - and deservedly so. We only stayed one night as were touring, but we would certainly go back if were in the area again.

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Zippy31 3 reviews from this member

Beeches Farm Campsite is in a beautiful setting and the most amazing views across the valley towards Tintern Abbey especially first thing in the morning when the morning mist to rising. You can walk to Tintern from the campsite which is a lovely walk if not a little steep. The campsite has brilliant facilities. The showers and toilet are always clean and tidy but could do with a few more. Electric hooks are available and there are fire pits to use and logs to purchase at £4 a bag. The staff are friendly and always on hand to help and advise on the surrounding area for walks etc. Off the beaten track so no noise from any traffic.

Previous     33 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Monmouthshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzzwing Tilting and Folding 4 Bike Rack 5 pairs of Weekend Camping Tickets for the UK Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 18 - 21 August 2017
East Yorkshire - the world’s biggest tribute band music festival, discounted tickets too ...more