Visitor Reviews - Beeches Farm Campsite

Tel: 07791540016

Pitches: 25, 100 on bank holidays
Open: April To November

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

Statics for Hire   No Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches   No Caravan Storage
 Shop <5 miles   Bar <5 miles   Restaurant <5 miles   Wifi Access
 Fishing   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding   Cycle Hire <5 miles   Golf   Tennis
 Beach   Watersports <10 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <5 miles

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting. It is a member only site - you may be able to join on arrival - please check direct with the site.

Reviews:  36 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Write your own Review to win a £150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: May 2018 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sallyscof 14 reviews from this member

I have just spent 3 nights (midweek) at this site and I loved it. The reception area is still being completed and it looks great, It contains fridges and freezers for customer use, a useful rack of leaflets which highlight local attractions, you can purchase wood and kindling for fires from here (You cannot burn material you bring in yourself. ) but at £5. 50 for both logs and kindling it isn't expensive and is kept dry so burned without much smoke or sparks. Each pitch is marked by a firepit and there is ample space for a very large unit. Although the site is on rolling hillside, there are plenty of flat places to pitch. It wasn't busy when we were there so we had a choice of pitch. The views are absolutely stunning and visible from all pitches. A bit now about the facilities. The ladies had 4 toilets and 4 showers, each with its own dressing area with seat. For a pound coin you got a long shower with lovely hot water. The toilet block was scrupulously clean, (no cobwebs in corners, mirrors cleaned properly and smear free) I cannot say how these would hold up if the site was really busy but I suspect that the owner would ensure that they remain as clean as possible as they are clearly proud of the site. Whilst we were there the grass was cut, the machine which did this also removed all the cut grass so no clumps of grass got transported to your tent or van on shoes, a great big plus as far as I was concerned. There is a small play area for children which is fenced off. It is a back to basics site which doesn't have a shop so you must take most of what you need with you. We shopped whilst out and about for the few bits which we forgot to take with us. There is a large Tesco's at Chepstow. (5 minutes away) A breakfast van arrives at weekends and judging from the menu on display seems to be reasonably priced. Being there midweek I can't comment on the value though, as sadly I didn't get to taste the food.

The downside is Miss Grace's Lane which is a very long, mostly unpaved bumpy narrow lane leading to the farm, and going back and forwards down this twice a day was a pain in the neck, HOWEVER being so remote did mean no noise pollution from roads and not much light pollution either. There are some lovely walks directly from the farm, along Offas dyke to the Devils pulpit overlooking Tintern Abbey being one, and really worth the effort. I found the price to be really reasonable for such a beautiful, well kept site.

Date of Visit: October 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: NickHut 2 reviews from this member

A really friendly welcome. The facilities were clean and well kept, except for the showers which could have had more pressure and cleaner floors given that they cost an extra £1 for 4 minutes.

The views are stunning and footpaths lead off the site in all directions, allowing easy access to Offa's Dyke, the River Wye and Tintern Abbey. We didn't need to drive at all.

There are also fire pits for all pitches. Loved our stay, even though it rained almost all the time.

Date of Visit: September 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Torquemaster 8 reviews from this member

What a great site!

If you want a Bar, Restaurant, Shop, Swimming Pool, like being close to other campers, Wi-Fi (or in our case on EE, a phone signal) and a sanatised site, this one is not for you!

We booked a four night trip and were shown to our pitch in Gods Window. What a fantastic view of the Wye Valley and the surrounding area. At one point we were actually looking down on a RAF Hercules transporter flying up the valley!

Chepstow, with it’s castle is only about 4 miles away and seems to be a nice town, while nearby Tintern has its Abbey as an attraction. The Old Station at Tintern has been converted into a Heritage area. The tracks were lifted many years ago, the station building being converted to a café with loads of outside seating. We also enjoyed walking along the river here with our dog.

The Devils Pulpit view point, is about 30 mins walk along Offa’s Dike from the campsite passing through ancient and dense woodlands. The Devils Pulpit is a rock platform overlooking Tintern and its ruined Abbey several hundred feet below. What a great view!

One of the disadvantages of being so high up, is that the site can be quite exposed to the elements. We experienced a severe storm on our last night which was quite concerning, especially as only a month before our previous tent “died” from excessive wind damage.

Brian the owner of the campsite was most accommodating, helpful and friendly.

Will we return, OH YES!

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Cat herine 1 review from this member

I enjoyed this campsite so much, I was back within a week. Brian, the owner, is absolutely lovely, a truly genuine person who can't do enough to make sure visitors have a great experience. The view is spectacular, wonderful walks straight from the site down to the river and Tintern Abbey, where there's a very nice pub. Perfect if, like me, you have a dog.

This is not a site where you're lined up like ducks in a row with six metres either side. It's spacious and beautifully laid out and each pitch has its own fire pit. I will be back!

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tulvander12 2 reviews from this member

I came at the beginning of April and I had an absolutely wonderful experience here. I came from Chepstow to do Offas Dyke and the owner of the campsite welcomed me with a warm smile. I had the place all to myself so I pitched up the tent overlooking the gorgeous Wye Valley. I only stayed for one night but the view and the starry sky, especially the sunset when I arrived! Breath-taking! The toilets were still blocked when I arrived but I still got to use the disabled toilet which was very clean.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Nemo-subrosa 3 reviews from this member

There is something quite special about this site.

Where to begin, the views are magnificent, overlooking a wide valley.

The site is spacious with plenty of room between you and your neighbour.

Chickens and the odd thieving squirrel wander around waiting for something to eat.

The location is close enough to Chepstow, the Forrest of Dean, and Offa´s Dyke for ease of visiting yet still deep in the countryside.

If you like a more pastoral style of camping then this could be the place for you.

Lastly, there is something delightfully quirky and eccentric about the owners. They have a friendly charm that is not born out of pecuniary advantage but a genuine desire to offer their best and a real interest in their customers.

All in all, this is my kind of place.

Previous     36 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review to win a £150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Monmouthshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Weeks Holiday at Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks! Win a Clarke IG1200B 1.1kW Suitcase Generator worth £299

UKCS Meet Summer Motorhome & Caravan Show 8th to 10th June, Kent