Visitor Reviews - Trench Farm Fisheries And Touring Park

Red Hall Lane
Wrexham
Penley
Wrexham   (Browse area)
LL13 0NA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01978 710098

5m  1m  5m  5m

Open: 1st March - 31st October

Reviews:  30 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cazzer9407 1 review from this member

Just got back from our first visit, just the weekend this time. Hubby had a little time Fishing while I chilled with my granddaughter. It was a lovely site but it was very quiet, am sure it get busy as the weather warms up. Not much to see around this area but sure it's good for walks Owners are very nice.

Management response: We were pleased to hear you enjoyed your weekend at Trench Farm. We agree it is quiet at the moment due to the cold rainy weather we have been experiencing.

We do hope you can visit us again soon and spend some time exploring this lovely area, especially Ellesmere with loads of scenic walks along the canal and it's many meres.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Arfur daley 5 reviews from this member

Ive just arrived back today from a lovely quiet 3 day stay at Trench farm.

The weather was lovely and so were my hosts they could not do enough to make my stay comfortable including crumpets and tea before settling me into my caravan.

I cannot believe some of the comments regarding the fishing, do they expect the fish to line up to take their bait lol. Patience, lake knowledge and bait know how helps too. (Ask the owners or other fishermen for tips)

Ive been coming for over 3 years now and I have never ever failed to catch carp in fact I caught 3 this weekend not huge they were 7 lb-7 lb and 5 lb respectively and tons of smaller silver fish, to be honest I couldn't care less if I catch fish or not its such a lovely place to spend a few hours by the ponds and the fishing is free.

I was not alone in catching carp a local lad had 2-10 lb fish out on the top lake on floating bread so the owners are correct warmer weather brings the fish looking for food.

I cannot wait to spend another weekend with such friendly owners.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Stefrem 1 review from this member

Brilliant site, quite, tranquil wonderful. Nothing for children to do unless they can use their imaginations. Very clean. The owners are wonderful people, you couldn't meet a nicer couple.

We were actually looking at a different site to 'site' our caravan but didn't like it, when we came across Trench Farm Fisheries. We fell in love with the place and we now store our van there and have spent 3 weekends there and going back again this weekend and a week booked in July. Just love it. Fishing is not that good, but it keeps hubby quiet for a few hours

If you are looking for peace and quiet in lovely surroundings clean facilities you can't beat this place, but don't take my word for it, try it yourself.

Management response: Yes the fishing at trench has been slow this year...... this is mainly due to the unusually cold , cold weather we have been experiencing. With the weather now getting warmer and some nice sunny days over the last few weeks the fishing has greatly improved. Large numbers of carp could be seen basking all over and beginning to look for food, hence some nice mirrors and commons were caught last weekend!

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Boydsquad 3 reviews from this member

We have now stayed at Trench farm a number of times, Sylvia and Mike are very friendly and helpful owners.

We have a motorhome and always try to get a hard standing pitch.

The facilities are well maintained and more than adequate.

The three pools for fishing are great with fish of all sizes to suit anglers of all levels and ages.

Lovely area with surrounding peace and quiet.

Great value as fishing is included in site fee.

Will be visiting again soon.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: GrandadRoge 1 review from this member

Our first visit here but it won't be our last. We stayed for four nights and really enjoyed it. Thanks largely to the owners ! Thew owners have worked really hard to make staying here a pleasure. The facilities are excellent and spotless. We were made very welcome from the moment we arrived. The utility block was of particular note, having not only the usual dish washing and laundry services but microwave, fridge and freezer also provided for the use of campers. In this area there is also a dining table and chairs (the first time I have seen this on a camp site) and books and games for your use. This is a very friendly site, other campers were a mixture of regulars and first timers like ourselves and the atmosphere was relaxed and happy.

The main reason for our stay was the fishing, this was good, we caught a 7lb common carp(no photo sorry) and numerous smaller fish. I lost a larger fish so I am sure there are a good stamp of fish present. Patience is the name of the game! Looking forward to our next visit.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Toelin 1 review from this member

Just returned from 10 night stay and will be returning to this lovely, peaceful site next year. The owners Mike and Sylvia are a lovely helpful couple.

The regular campers/caravaners make you feel very welcome always said hello, very pleasant and didn't make you feel alienated.

The toilets/showers were very clean and well kept and the other facilities, washing machine, dryer, freezer was a great bonus I have not seen on other sites.

My husband enjoyed the fishing on the 3 lakes(though there was a lot of little fish) he did catch a few good ones!

Also nearby is Ellsmere, Oswestry both lovely places, we also visited Nantwich, Shrewsbury, Colwyn Bay, Llangollen, Towyn and Horseshoe pass.

Sylvia and Mike should be very proud of this site and the welcome they and there regulars give. Highly recommended.

Previous     30 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Wrexham   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!