Visitor Reviews - Trench Farm Fisheries And Touring Park

Red Hall Lane
Wrexham
Penley
Wrexham   (Browse area)
LL13 0NA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01978 710098

5m  1m  5m  5m

Open: 1st March - 31st October

Reviews:  33 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Ianyvonne 3 reviews from this member

What a gem of a site, it's our third visit here and we love it, it's a mixed site for caravans, motorhomes and tents.

It has hardstandings and grass fully serviced pitches, also grass with power and water, the site is also very spacious so you are not on top of each other.

The fishing is fantastic with three lakes 2 large and 1 small all free to site members, I have had Carp to 12 lb, Tench to 4 lb and Rainbow Trout to 2 lb, there is Rud in all 3 lakes.

Toilet block is new and always very clean, there is a big Kitchen with fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer and twin sinks for washing up, it's the best equipped I have ever seen.

The real gem on this site is the owners they can't do enough for you, they will always try there very best to accommodate you, nothing is too much trouble for them, you can also get fresh eggs from the farm.

Hire a fire pit and logs one night and sit around your caravan or tent with friends having a few drinks and get the BBQ going, heaven.

We highly recommend this site and will be returning again it's a real Gem, there is a large Tesco in Ellesmere only 15 mins away, the Town has some nice pubs and there is also the Mere, we would recommend the Boat House on the Mere for food.

We'll done, you run a fabulous site it's a credit to all your hardwork, it's know wonder people keep on coming back again and again.

Many Thanks for the wonderful times my wife and I and our 2 Siamese Cats have had on our site, we shall be returning very soon.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Twolees 5 reviews from this member

Just had a lovely week at this campsite, the owners are very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them, the facilities were very nice toilet and showers immaculate, and the free range eggs you can buy from them from there hens were out of this world, in fact you can feed them yourselves when they pay you a visit in the morning, the regulars that were on site are friendly, and there is plenty of space for fishing on the the 3 ponds, we found it easy to find, its not far from ellsmere were you can go stock up on essentials. Will definitely be going back in the near future.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Nursefrog 1 review from this member

Just returned from a three night stay at Trench farm. This was our third visit and just as enjoyable as our last. Although the weather was awful it did not bother us as the site is so peaceful and relaxing. The facilities are spotless and include toilets, showers and campers kitchen. The campers kitchen even has a washer and dryer you can use for a small charge.

My husband and son enjoyed the fishing which is included in the price of your stay. My son also loved the chickens which roam around the site and named his favourite Fred!

If you are looking for a small quiet site in this area you cannot go wrong with Trench farm. The owners Sylvia and Mike are friendly and always willing to help. Looking forward to going back soon.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cazzer9407 1 review from this member

Just got back from our first visit, just the weekend this time. Hubby had a little time Fishing while I chilled with my granddaughter. It was a lovely site but it was very quiet, am sure it get busy as the weather warms up. Not much to see around this area but sure it's good for walks Owners are very nice.

Management response: We were pleased to hear you enjoyed your weekend at Trench Farm. We agree it is quiet at the moment due to the cold rainy weather we have been experiencing.

We do hope you can visit us again soon and spend some time exploring this lovely area, especially Ellesmere with loads of scenic walks along the canal and it's many meres.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Arfur daley 5 reviews from this member

Ive just arrived back today from a lovely quiet 3 day stay at Trench farm.

The weather was lovely and so were my hosts they could not do enough to make my stay comfortable including crumpets and tea before settling me into my caravan.

I cannot believe some of the comments regarding the fishing, do they expect the fish to line up to take their bait lol. Patience, lake knowledge and bait know how helps too. (Ask the owners or other fishermen for tips)

Ive been coming for over 3 years now and I have never ever failed to catch carp in fact I caught 3 this weekend not huge they were 7 lb-7 lb and 5 lb respectively and tons of smaller silver fish, to be honest I couldn't care less if I catch fish or not its such a lovely place to spend a few hours by the ponds and the fishing is free.

I was not alone in catching carp a local lad had 2-10 lb fish out on the top lake on floating bread so the owners are correct warmer weather brings the fish looking for food.

I cannot wait to spend another weekend with such friendly owners.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Stefrem 1 review from this member

Brilliant site, quite, tranquil wonderful. Nothing for children to do unless they can use their imaginations. Very clean. The owners are wonderful people, you couldn't meet a nicer couple.

We were actually looking at a different site to 'site' our caravan but didn't like it, when we came across Trench Farm Fisheries. We fell in love with the place and we now store our van there and have spent 3 weekends there and going back again this weekend and a week booked in July. Just love it. Fishing is not that good, but it keeps hubby quiet for a few hours

If you are looking for peace and quiet in lovely surroundings clean facilities you can't beat this place, but don't take my word for it, try it yourself.

Management response: Yes the fishing at trench has been slow this year...... this is mainly due to the unusually cold , cold weather we have been experiencing. With the weather now getting warmer and some nice sunny days over the last few weeks the fishing has greatly improved. Large numbers of carp could be seen basking all over and beginning to look for food, hence some nice mirrors and commons were caught last weekend!

Previous     33 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Wrexham   -   Search for a site

Win a Coleman Event Shelter from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Somerset Motorhome Show 12/09 to 14/09 Shepton Mallet
All the latest Motorhomes and a host of accessories. Win Tickets or buy Discounted Day Ticket Offer!