Been to this site a few times now and we think it is a really good basic site. We have a VW campervan and a 4 man tent and the ranger didn't bat an eyelid when we put the tent up beside the campervan on a hard standing pitch, no mention of an extra charge.
- Not usually very busy
- Good value - £13.50 per night for hard standing with EHU
- Beautiful setting - forest, coast and Glens of Antrim
- Very close to Giants Causeway, Portrush/Portstewart etc, Dunluce Castle, North coast scenic drive etc etc
- Site fee includes free entrance into Glenariff Forest Park which is accessed just up the road - our 3yrs old walks to it!
- Forest park has a small, spotlessly clean, old fashioned restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and evening meals
- Good basic facilities - showers, toilets, chemical toilets disposal and washing facilities.
- Camping for tents is a large grassy area - very relaxed about where you put your tent and you can bring your vehicle right up beside your tent
- Sheltered site, surrounded by trees
- Dont need to book - just turn up.
- No shops or bars etc near by.
- Midges ( we burnt some wood on our BBQ and the smoke deterred them really well. The forest ranger didn't seem to have a problem with this as several others did the same )
- Cant book - we have been over NI 12th July holiday and got a space with noone on either side of us, so not been a problem so far
- Site facilities are a bit tired and basic but absolutely adequate.
All in all this site is a Forest Park campsite so don't expect anything else. The good points are the setting and location and the relaxed atmosphere.
Submit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win a caravan towing course or motorhome manoeuvring course worth up to £145, or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of The Caravan Club. Join the Club for just £44 per year to enjoy access to a great range of caravan sites, benefits and special offers.
If you've visited this site, then please submit a review for a chance to win.
All reviews and comments are the personal opinion of the review author only , and as such do not represent the view of the UK Camp Site.co.uk.
The facilities shown on this website are a guide only, and you should check with the campsite direct before making any booking. The UKCampsite.co.uk will not be held responsible for any errors or omissions