Tent Showcase: Bell Tent 5m Ultimate
Tent and Awning Showcase Index > Bell Tent > 5m Ultimate Reviews|
RRP on date added:
Living area groundsheet:
Average User Rating:
9.95/10 from 21 reviews
Viewed: 89176 times
Back to index
Member Uploaded Images - click to enlarge
If you have a photo of this Tent click here to upload it
21 Reviews of the 5m Ultimate Showing 21 to 21 Page:
By: Petemillis Reason: I own(ed) one Made in: 2009 Rating: Date: 13/09/2009
A few years ago we (wife, I and 4 kids) went camping in my North Face Bedrock 55 - a lightweight, synthetic dome tent. But Mrs M wouldn't sleep in it and ended up sleeping in our 'bus instead. So, I got to thinking about what make for a better camping experience for the family. We looked at various tunnel tents and dome tents but nothing really appealed to us, except we learned that we REALLY wanted poly/cotton or canvas. So I started a search for canvas tents, and the bell tents really jumped out at me.
After some reading and phoning around, I settle on a 5 metre 'Ultimate' from belltent.Co.Uk . It's the only bell tent with a zip in groundsheet (ZIG) and this has proved to be real boon as it gives the best of both worlds - a sheet that can be removed or undone and the sides of the bell tent rolled up, or zipped in it provides great comfort keeping out the drafts and the bugs! We also opted for the inner tent - again from belltent.Co.Uk - and this also proved to be excellent. It easily slept 6 of us on 3 double mattresses, and when the doors of the inner tent up zipped open it still retains a great deal of openness within the tent.
The whole bell tent experience has really worked well. I got hold of a lovely large natural coir rug for the living area and really adds to the comfort.
The quality of this tent is fantastic - it's great having a tent made of heavy canvas as it doesn't rustle and flap in the wind. It was completely watertight and stable even in extremely heavy downpours and very strong gusty winds. All in all I spent the best part of Â£600 on the tent with ZIG, the inner tent and the canvas malu (tarp shelter) as shown in my pictures above - this is less that the cost of most decent poly/cotton tents yet it gave us the most comfortable and spacious camping experience ever. There is definitely no way now that I would ever go back to more modern designs and synthetic materials for anything other than lightweight backpacking, which now I have a family ain't gonna be happening for some time - not till my kids decide they want to go and drag me along with them :)
Forgot to mention.Tent quality is fantastic. Extremely durable with a really heavy ground sheet and heavy duty zips. Good stitching. Heavy duty centre pole. Honestly can't fault it, and service from the supplier was spot on too. There are many debates concerning savings to be made by buying these bell tents from Obelink, but the fact is that belltent.Co.Uk are the only supplier who offer a ZIG version, and the savings aren't really that massive anyway. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions anyone may have about this tent - post in the 'tent talk, advice, info and recommendations' forum http://www.Ukcampsite.Co.Uk/chatter/display_forum_topics.Asp?ForumID=32&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=83 and I'll find your questions. Pete
5 from 5 people found this review helpful, was it helpful to you?
21 User Reviews of the 5m Ultimate - Showing 21 to 21 Page:
Add your review of the 5m Ultimate!
If you have used this product please leave a review, or your comments for other visitors, many thanks!|
To leave a review you need to be logged in to the UKCampsite.co.uk Please log in or register here.
* A deluxe Bell Tent with a zip that lets you roll up the walls on a scorching summer afternoon
* Lightweight but strong 285 g/ m²) high quality cotton canvas (think of new denim jeans thickness)
* Weighs 31.5kg (This is a serious bit of kit so you don't want to be carrying it too far.)
* New for 09 all our bell tents have all the loops and attachments to fit one of our inner tents should you decide you want to add one. This is unique to Bell Tent UK and other bell tents don't have these fittings.
* Has a metal hoop on central pole, great for hanging things from.
* All packs down into matching canvas bag small enough to go on the back of a Smart Car. (approx 100cm - 45cm - 45cm)
* Fabulous Colour (no bright white nightmares) giving a warm and gentle vide inside
* Material is treated to be water, UV and mould resistant for up to 60 weeks constant use. ( re-proof liquid costs around £15)
* A frame covered Entrance. Unlike some bell tents this has an A frame entrance which creates a porch to stop the rain coming in. Those without this feature leak all the way up the entrance flap i.e. to the middle of the tent!
* Takes 2 people around 9 minutes to erect (Ok it took us 4 goes to get it that fast)
* Can be erected by one person in around 13 minutes
* Heavy Duty Waterproof Integral ground sheet that comes up the side creating a waterproof "bath".
* Ideal for those non fair weather campers who like to get out and about come rain or shine
* Beautifully made, quality build
* Unzip able windows / air vents complete with mosquito nets
* Heavy Duty Zipped front door for fast access
* Door can be "locked" by padlocking the three door zips together
* Can be fitted with the Bell Tent Stove
* Updated A frame footing and door flap to avoid tripping
... there may be more info on their website
Back to main tent and awning index
|Follow us on Facebook!
||You can now follow UKCampsite.co.uk on Facebook! Keep abreast of the latest news and updates much more easily. Simply click here then click on the Like button!
|Latest News, Discounts and Competitions see all...
6266 Visitors online !
Free UKCampsite.co.uk Window Sticker - Recommend to Friend - Pensions Auto-enrolment
[Caravan Sites & Camping]
[Features / Advice]
[Caravans & Motorhomes For Sale]
Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here
. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2017