Tent Showcase Index > Royal > Atlanta 6 Reviews|
Tent RRP on date added:
Living area groundsheet:
Compare Tent Price:
6 (more 6 berth tents)
Average User Rating:
9.45/10 from 11 reviews
Viewed: 18262 times
Back to index
Member Uploaded Images - click to enlarge
If you have a photo of this tent click here to upload it
11 Reviews of the Atlanta 6 Showing 11 to 11 Page:
By: Olly285 Reason: I own(ed) one Made in: 2010 Rating: Date: 29/05/2010
This is my first tent, previously I was looking at smaller ones but after going to a see them in real life decided on something a bit bigger. I was attracted to the bedroom arrangement of this tent, with three of us it meant we all have ample space. The plan being to use it for a week, so far however it has only been used for 3 dry weekends so I don't have much of a verdict on its waterproofing. Right so here is everything I can say about it:
1. It's easy to put up, takes me half an hour on my own but with 2 or 3 people can be done much faster.
2. The white roof over the living space makes it very light and feels bigger than it is inside.
3. The larger bedroom is massive. You can definitely fit two double air beds in there. We use Self Inflating Roll Mats which are very comfortable on any surface. With the three layers of groundsheet underneath they are especially comfortable. (Footprint, Tent, Bedroom)
4. The other bedroom is only big enough for me (I'm 6 foot ish) but would be perfect size for two children.
5. The living area is a good size and the mesh on windows and doors keeps it cool when its hot. (hottest I've tested it in was about 26 degrees C)
6. The vents around the rest of the tent are good, they keep it fresh inside but aren't too big.
7. The fitted carpet you can get is soft and keeps the floor quite warm in the evenings.
8. It holds up well in light winds without the guy ropes, haven't had any properly strong winds yet but I'm sure it would cope with it all guyed out properly.
9. It hasn't leaked yet only slightly damp on some mornings but that was due to me shutting the vents so that water dripped in through the mesh.
10. I just like how it looks.
11. Poles are colour coded, bedrooms are colour coded.
12. Little nice things, lantern hook, power hook up zip into main and then into larger bedroom too.
13. I payed £300 with a carpet, footprint and free matching windbreak, so its cheap too.
14. I can stand in everywhere other than the small bedroom.
1. Doors are tough to shut in the bedrooms and main when guyed out.
2. Lacks the features of my favourite brand Vango, no tension bands etc but not really a bad thing as such.
3. The groundsheet itself has only a couple of points to peg down on each side so if you pitch on a slight slope wind can get under it a bit, haven't had this to any extreme so far but its my main fear on a windy night.
4. It doesn't go back in the bag. I have taken the poles out and rap those in the footprint separately. However the inners and the main tent including the little peg bag do fit in with a bit of brute force and clever rolling.
5. Never quite seems to pitch perfectly (probably my lack of experience but hay ho)
Yeah thats about it.
Well the Pros outweigh the Cons. Easy to put up, spacious, sturdy and nice little things that some other tents don't have make it a good first tent for 2 to 5 people (6 at a squeeze).
Oh and by the way without the big bedroom up its like a town hall, ideal if it rains you can simply fold it into the corner and double the living space :)
Wow sorry that was a bit long winded. I would definitely recommend it.
1 from 1 people found this review helpful, was it helpful to you?
11 User Reviews of the Atlanta 6 - Showing 11 to 11 Page:
Add your review of the Atlanta 6!
If you have used this tent please leave a review, or your comments for other visitors, many thanks!|
To leave a review you need to be logged in to the UKCampsite.co.uk Please log in or register here.
185T polyester Flysheet with taped seams
Inner tent 180T Polyester
12.7mm Fibre-flex poles
Sewn in groundsheet
Large living area
Removeable 3 berth inner tent makes this tent extremely flexible and can create a vast living area when not in use
Covered entrance doors for protection against the elements
Top organiser pockets for increased bedroom space
Large Side windows for enhanced visability
Mesh door for enhanced ventilation
Pack size: 85cm x 28cm x 28xm
... there may be more info on their website
Back to main tent index
|Follow us on Facebook!
||You can now follow UKCampsite.co.uk on Facebook! Keep abreast of the latest news and updates much more easily. Simply click here then click on the Like button!
|Latest News, Discounts and Competitions see all...