Tent Showcase: Zempire Mothership
Tent and Awning Showcase Index > Other > Zempire Mothership Reviews|
RRP on date added:
Living area groundsheet:
6 (more 6 berth tents)
Average User Rating:
9.75/10 from 4 reviews
Viewed: 9098 times
Back to index
Member Uploaded Images - click to enlarge
If you have a photo of this Tent click here to upload it
4 Reviews of the Zempire Mothership
By: Davidhs Reason: I own(ed) one Made in: 2015 Rating: Date: 07/10/2015
We are a family of 6 total and after much deliberation bought a Mothership for this summer's 2 week camping holiday in Wales.
We had been living with a 5 man tent bought when we only had 2 kids. It was high time to replace it, but we wanted something which would give separate sleeping pods for us, and for the kids ideally in separate pairs. We also wanted something well made and able to stand up to British weather. And we liked the idea of a dome tent, with pods, rather than the standard tunnels which seem to dominate at the moment. So we purchased the Mothership, including the footprint and carpet.
Overall, really pleased with the purchase, and would recommend it.
Here are some key points:
- Straightforward to put up - poles all colour coded. Big plus to be able to peg down the tent before putting the poles up. Getting the two big poles up is best done with someone lifting inside - so 2-3 people ideal at that point although not essential. After that one person could do it.
- poles are substantial and feel up to the job.
- space inside is excellent - each pod could at a squeeze sleep 4 adults- so you have lots of space with 2 in each. Good sized living area in the middle.
- Before we purchased the apparent lack of windows was a factor. However, there are plenty of smaller mesh windows - when these are all open and pod doors are open a good amount of light comes in - although if it was raining you might get a little water through the mesh.
- if it is fine, and you take off the top cap, it is amazingly light and airy - although if using in Britain would probably rarely take it off.
- porch area was good for storage of food and boots etc. We did not get an additional porch - happy to cook outside
- front door lifts up onto supplied poles to create canopy. Generally had this up during the day - still have inner door to close if required.
- was definitely worth having the footprint - as this meant the muck from rotting grass was not on the base of the main tent and could be packed away dry.
- first few nights and days were very windy (up to at least force 6 on Pembs clifftop). It stood up well - with some adjustment of guys as required. Did double peg the orange strap guy ropes as one of these pulled out in the wind. Other tents were flattened during the night at its worst. Tiny pool of rain did find its way into the tent near one of the mesh windows (never quite worked out how or where - but nothing to write home about).
- generally it is a well made quality tent. Lots of clues to it being a well thought through tent.
- the carpet (which was the proper Zempire Mothership carpet) did not properly fit. There are cutouts in it which do not align with the pegging points for the inner. Zempire have come back to me (via Campingworld where we purchased) to say, basically, just live with it - but there is clearly a mistake in the position of the cutouts (about 6 inches out). Yes, you can live with it, but I am still arguing the case with Zempire, as I think it should be correct.
- the tent is unusual in that it has a mesh section in the top of the main outer which is then covered with a second outer cap. This is for airflow. I get the idea, and think it probably works (we certainly never felt as hot in the tent as in other tents, although the weather was not ever top summer temps). The slight downside is that it makes for a noisier tent in the wind. There are flaps on the main outer under the cap to prevent the blow back of rain. In certain wind strengths these flaps, well, they flap! Which made for a noisier tent at night when trying to sleep. Not major, but did drift off to sleep at least one night dreaming of ways to stop it!
But all in all, a great tent, and really pleased we paid out for it. I am sure we will get a lot of use and enjoyment out of it, and will confidently use it in all sorts of weathers. Hoping to go to France next summer when the airflow system should come into its own.
0 from 0 people found this review helpful, was it helpful to you?
By: Hels189 Reason: I own(ed) one Made in: 2015 Rating: Date: 27/05/2015
Well what can we say - fabulous!
We had previously only seen this tent on the web and no where near us had one on display and we wasn't happy purchasing a tent we hadn't actually seen and that there wasn't too many reviews of. In February we attended the camping show at the NEC and Zempire had a stand there and we were extremely lucky to meet the owner of the company too. Originally I went to purchase a air tent but after much discussion we decided on the Mothership and boy am I glad we did.
Having a 14 yr old Son and a 9yr old Daughter separate sleeping pods for them was a must and the mothership delivers fantastic sleeping spaces for us all. Only disappointment for me was that I couldn't fit my wardrobe in the pod due to the height issue at the sides but I can solve that by buying new storage! Great storage pockets inside and out the pods and the kids have space to store all their belonging and tat in their own bedrooms without encroaching on the living area!
We also bought the airflow canopy which we feel is a must and that was our kitchen area etc.
Love the fact that the door has a full mesh screen so you get the air in but no buggy friends. The door on the canopy is the same too. Also like that the main door just stuffs in a pocket at the side rather than trying to roll or fold it back.
All the bedrooms have windows you can zip open to reveal a mesh panel to help the air flow - used these this weekend and it helps air a teenage boys pod nicely!
Now to the pitching - how easy literally my hubby and 14 yr old did it on their own! Once your two main cross poles are in and someone inside to help pop it up the majority of the hard work is done. Did take us a while to sort out the tension on the inside and out and we've put it away with the pods still up inside and I imagine they'll need readjusting on pitching the next time.
Not much more to say really, great space, great quality and easy pitching sums it up really!
In August we're off to the South of France so hopefully the airflow system will live up to its name.
2 from 2 people found this review helpful, was it helpful to you?
By: Byrnefoord family Reason: I own(ed) one Made in: 2013 Rating: Date: 14/04/2014
I bought one of these tents late last year after a lot of research into types of tent, size, layout etc. We have four daughters aged between 9 - 12 and on holiday, if using campsites in France, we have always rented a static home (3 bedroom's). Vital to keep the peace. So three bedrooms in a tent was on the required list. The Mothership, from the description on the website sounded as if it fitted all our needs.
We bought it from Yeoman's Outdoor Leisure. It arrived in good time and we put it up. So easy to do for such a large tent. It was up in 40 minutes (not bad for the first time) and with the three 'privacy pods', bedrooms to us, put in, the tent lived up to all expectations.
The bedrooms are a really good size, easily fitting two girls in each with a lot of room left over. The Main living area is big and gives plenty of room for eating, games, enjoying each other company. The 'Airflow' system keeps the tent nice a cool and allows a nice flow of air through it.
We have only spent one night in it, in the back garden, but have booked a holiday in the south of France for May half term. I will let you know how the tent lives up to the 'airflow' system and how we got on with it.
So far, great looking tent, great name, lots of room, good quality, great service from Yeoman's.
2 from 2 people found this review helpful, was it helpful to you?
By: The Berwick Family Reason: I own(ed) one Made in: 2012 Rating: Date: 19/08/2012
Totally awesome tent. Lots to say about this and I will submit an in depth review but thought I would post a quick one to let any would-be purchaser that this tent is great and represents a real long term investment. The campsite we just stayed on was battered with wind and rain in Cornwall last week and whilst many tents were either torn apart or bent out of shape we got through it totally unscathed! We were more concerned for the health of our Vango Icarus 500 porch (that fits the mothership nicely) and that came out of the storms well too but the poles look a little 'shaped' as they went back into the bag! As I said many things to say about the Zempire mother ship but am still unpacking from the trip! Back soon !
5 from 5 people found this review helpful, was it helpful to you?
Add your review of the Zempire Mothership!
If you have used this product please leave a review, or your comments for other visitors, many thanks!|
To leave a review you need to be logged in to the UKCampsite.co.uk Please log in or register here.
Sold as Zempire Mothership in UK, Freedom Camping Mothership in New Zealand.
The Zempire Mothership is our largest dome tent. The three rooms located around a central living area make it also one of our most stable tents. It offers many layout options making it a great tent for a couple wanting a lot of extra room for all the gear or a large family.
The Motherships large central living area is great for storing all your camping gear and cooking for the family.
At Zempire we like to think of better ways to do things. The Privacy Pod system is one of those ideas. Instead of having a fixed layout to your tent we have designed our airflow tents with an open plan shell. Inside this shell you can connect privacy pods which you can take in or out as you please, this maximizes your sleeping area at night and your living area during the day. We also make sure that every room has a private entry/exit so no one is disturbed during the night.
Back to main tent and awning index
|Follow us on Facebook!
||You can now follow UKCampsite.co.uk on Facebook! Keep abreast of the latest news and updates much more easily. Simply click here then click on the Like button!
|Latest News, Discounts and Competitions see all...
1928 Visitors online !
Free UKCampsite.co.uk Window Sticker - Recommend to Friend - Pensions Auto-enrolment
[Caravan Sites & Camping]
[Features / Advice]
[Caravans & Motorhomes For Sale]
Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here
. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2015